Sign in to follow this  
Cerebral_Assassin

Constant yellow/red chain

Hello all. I searched around and didnt find an exact thread pertaining to this. I normally play on the same server. We play a huge RTS mission, normally about 25 players and 50-100 AI. I used to have no problems (2 weeks ago) but now it seems that through the entire 2 hours of the mission, i either have a constant red or yellow chain. I know they mean weak/losing connection, but I dont lose connection. I basically end up off sync w/ the server later in the mission. I have checked /turned off firewall to see, I've unplugged router and direct wired modem. I dont know what the problem could be. Its a 4mb connection and I havent made any changes in the past couple of weeks!!

Thannks in advance

Red and yellow chains means some huge desync (red is over 10 000 I think and it's unplayable this way -

is a my video showing, what desync can do crazy_o.gif ).

When the desync shows up, open up a player screen (P) and check out, if other players got desync as well.

If they do, then it's not your problem, but server problem.

Server desyc can be caused by error in a script.

Anyway, are you playing the same mission like 2 weeks ago ?

BTW: Try also some other servers.

Thanks deadfast. I am playing the same mission as 2 weeks ago. When the chains occur, normally, a few other players have desync, but not many. Maybe 2 or 3 out of 35. I do, however, get a couple of error during the mission. These are addon errors. Also, we all get the "scooler array ocxleff" error or whatever that is. I mainly seems like I'm one of the worst laggers. I've tried trace routes, and ping checks. Trace is normal and ping never exceeds 100. Dont know, but only happens past an hour into the mission!!

I do need to try other servers!!

Desync can also be caused by high ping, low bandwidth, to much load on the cpu of the server and to many players on the server. Desync is network packet loss due to these above factors. It seems the more CPU load ie larger the mission the more desync will be caused by fewer players. U can lessen the its impact by clean scripting, smaller missions and keeping the pings down and bandwidth up.

Hi guys,

I had a problem of an extremely high desync value when playing Evolution on my own server. The problem occurred only when encountering enemy AI activity. The game was unplayable due to warping and deaths by "invisible" enemies.

Other players didn't have any trouble, so it couldn't have been a server-side problem.

The solution was not the firewall, nor the router port forwarding, but -- audio hardware acceleration! When enabling it, the problem disappeared immediadely! FDF sound pack ceased to work but it returned after a restart of the game.

I just wanted to suggest you to check if it helps with you too.

MarcusaQ