Sign in to follow this  
Kirby

Average age of the Armed Assault player

I AM...

... a 35 year old woman.

sad_o.gif

Not according to your profile ...(Birthday Date 28 Jan. 1983 (24) )

And on the subject of suspect profiles has anyone noticed that blackdog~ is 88!   whistle.gif

It should be a requirement for members to fill in ALL fields on the profiles page and lying to be a capital offence!  biggrin_o.gif

I AM...

... a 35 year old woman.

sad_o.gif

Not according to your profile ...(Birthday Date 28 Jan. 1983 (24) )

And on the subject of suspect profiles has anyone noticed that blackdog~ is 88!   whistle.gif

It should be a requirement for members to fill in ALL fields on the profiles page and lying to be a capital offence!  biggrin_o.gif

ddduuuhhhhhhhhh.....??

I guess the average age of Arma players is within 20-35.

Started playing OFP when i was 10 i think... it was 2001 when i bought the game...

Now im 16, 17 in June...

Where the fuck has my life gone? ^^

=)

First game i played online was Command and Conquer (original) over direct connection lol. First 'multiplayer' online was Unreal Tournament biggrin_o.gif

I'm just over 11.

Wow, really? I red a few of your posts and thought you were a 30+ bitter old fart!

PS. A 90 year old man tried to steal my sandwitch today! And he was eating a chocolate bar! rofl.gif

He said "Hey whats that?!" and pointed on the other side of the room... Then grabbed my sandwitch!

What is this world coming to? Semi-Fun old people?! Whatever next!

14 - Been playing Ofp for a few year before ArmA and i'm in a squad.

I'm just over 11.

Wow, really? I red a few of your posts and thought you were a 30+ bitter old fart!

Don't judge all books by their cover mate. I am certainly just over 11 and not getting any younger sad_o.gif.

I'm almost 35 years old.

I've started with an Atari 600XL then a Vic 20, Commodore 64 & 128, AMIGA 500/1000 and this is my fourth PC

Well i suppose it's time to admit it.

I'm 39 in july but i feel as fit now as i did when i left the Army in 93. I only really started playing games when i returned to civi life. OFP reminded me of what life in the army was like to a certain extent, and i suppose i've just been 'pretending' to be in active service since i left...Kinda sad really sad_o.gif .

From this point forward, if anyone reads a complaining post from me i would just like to say i'm only desperate for game2 because like KillerWatt wrote i'm loosing gaming years pretty rapidly.

Oh and the real reason i don't play MP is becaue i hate the idea of 20 year olds kicking my butt, when i know in real like i would woop there ass back to there momas tounge2.gif

Oh and the real reason i don't play MP is becaue i hate the idea of 20 year olds kicking my butt, when i know in real like i would woop there ass back to there momas tounge2.gif

That was a nice one biggrin_o.gif

Im 19 here... started playing ofp in June 2001.

Became a Vet in OFp after some years in some brilliant clan and am happy to be back to ofp again. (my rig is old)

Well... weird that one can get private on public BI forums, who ever imagined that. Anyway.. Im gonna start to study in a few month.. looking pretty much forward to it.

I'm 19 Years old. wink_o.gif I played OFP the first time back in October 2001, when I was 13. Have played it since then. wink_o.gif

I don't have the full version of ArmA yet, but I have tried the demo and it looked great even on my rusty PC.

Quote[/b] ]Oh and the real reason i don't play MP is becaue i hate the idea of 20 year olds kicking my butt,

41 in July and yes, I am the stereotypical "senior manager" someone referred to earlier ! biggrin_o.gif On a good night I seem to kick plenty of 20-year-old butt though it's probably more due to my ability to spend obscene amounts of money on a killer rig than native talent tounge2.gif Mr Reality, if you aren't playing MP you are missing the best part of ArmA. Head over to http://www.sbs-ofp.co.uk/hybridbb/ if you are looking to try it out in a friendly environment - there's a few of us who have at least a couple of years on you.

26... I don't feel anything, no joy, no sorrow huh.gif

*BANG!*

In Operation Flashpoint the average age of the combat gamer was 26. In Armed Assault he was 19...

...nnnnnn 19 biggrin_o.gif

I'm almost 35 years old.

I've started with an Atari 600XL then a Vic 20, Commodore 64 & 128, AMIGA 500/1000 and this is my fourth PC

Ok how do we judge what is a PC?

Do you have to change every single compenent, or just a CPU change count?

Cause depending on the above Im somewhere between PC 10 and 26. ROFL

Let's see the systems:

Atari VCS

Atari 2600

Mattel Intellivision

ColecoVvision

My friends Comodore 64

Atari 520ST

NES

Sega Genesis

486SX20

Doom

Operation Flashpoint

--Ben

I answered the poll a while back but didn't bother to post. I'm 48, so I'm one of the older farts playing here.

I've been playing games on computers since 1976. My country high school on the Iron Range had exactly one of those old acoustic coupler modems wired to a teletype in a classroom. It had a dedicated connection to a mainframe at the University of Minnesota about 170 miles away.

After school was out, the computer science teacher (who also doubled as the A/V guy) let a couple of us proto-geeks use it for whatever we wanted. We found the games directory on the mainframe and spent countless hours playing chess, trek, lunar lander, Oregon Trail, etc. instead of chasing girls. Well, OK, we did some of that, too. wink_o.gif

My first MP experience was playing Doom over the Internet on a 9600 baud dialup connection in '95 or '96. Now, THAT was lag! rofl.gif

PCs? Geez, let me think. I bought an old gray case Color Computer with the chiclet keyboard in 1983. After that, I bought a Tandy 1000 in about '87. After that, I started building my own. I graduated from a 386 to 486 to PI, PII, PIII, AMD something or other, to AMD something or other, to PIV, to AMD X2 64. Each PC had various upgrades to stretch their useful lives. I still end up replacing my gaming rig about every two to three years, though. Boy, this is an expensive hobby! crazy_o.gif

In Operation Flashpoint the average age of the combat gamer was 26. In Armed Assault he was 19...

...nnnnnn 19 biggrin_o.gif

omg thats the best audio fragment i heard so far!

i GOTTA USE that!

I'm 38 and Loving ARMA. Played OFP since 2001 and all other games have come and gone. (Deltaforce2, JointOperations, Medal of Honor, BF2)

First computer Sinclair ZX81  which had 1k ram wink_o.gif

Came as a kit project to build (soldering)

While playing ARMA I think WOW, things have really moved on in such a 'short' time.

Comodore Pet

Coleco Vision

Atari 2600

IBM PC 8086

NES

IBM clone 386 sx

SNES

IBM clone 486 dx2

PSX

Pentium MX

Xbox

And some other computers that aren't interesting enough to worth mentioning.