Sign in to follow this  
pete10

Harrier Agin

sorry to ask another question about the harrier, but the oz version of this game has no control keys listed in the game manual.

what keys do i use to get the head up display (the gunsight) working on the harrier? whenever i get in the thing there's no little squares and other stuff to lock onto other targets.

cheers

The HUD is very simplistic in ArmA, you won't get lock on squares in the HUD. You will get the normal white crosshair layer though.

I think it would be very helpful if you could lock onto targets while in the GAU cannon mode (similar to FFAR mode), helps you not loose track of your target.

The gunsights/ real HUD is included with the 1.05 patch.

i haven't a clue what verion it is. i bought this off the shelf when it was released here in Australia about two months ago. is there an actual key on the keyboard that i press to get the HUD working so i can target something rather than just dropping bombs over the general area of a target? likewise, what key do i press to get the SF Recon guy to get a laser bomb dropped on a target? at the moment i right click with the mouse when looking through the laser scope, a little rectangle appears and nothing happens. the harrier keeps flying over and does nothing.

why should i have to get patches? the thing was only just released here. how can they sell a product that doesn't work?

why should i have to get patches? the thing was only just released here. how can they sell a product that doesn't work?

it is not that it "doesn't work"

its was "waiting to be added" feature which "still on beta" and needs "feedback" form us

and you got to get patches inorder to get bug fix and new features anyway

notes: AU release should be ver 1.04, get the 1.04 to 1.05 patch if you are sure that your version is 1.04(look at the lower left hand side of screen there will be version no. like 1.04.5XXX), if you are not sure, get the international patch (all to 1.05, but large in sides)

no, it doesn't work. several of the official missions supplied are full of bugs. at least one cannot be completed. reading this forum it is obvious they have been long-standing issues, but the product was put on store shelves regardless.

Quote[/b] ]you got to get patches inorder to get bug fix

i think i have that covered, clearly

campaign and some mission are bugged, its the fact, but the game itself is more then that, there are issus, but most of them changes from person to person, there are issus that all of us have, but as longs as the game runs they didnt borther me, I for one who brought the game at 1.01(download), have little issus on both my old and new rig(and yes those mission that bugged others works for me), and i just get my DVD hard copy for backup, just in case

back on topic, like other said, HUD is very simplistic in ArmA, but they didnt need to be ulter realistic too as its not a flight sim after all(and those GBU are laser guided, which works fairly good in MP coop, even without laser i could still try dive bombing, old school style), so far there is no idea if BI is going to make a more realistic one which have a porper bomb sight, but even if there isnt, we may try to script one ourself like in OFP, but you have to wait.

how there is 2 choose for you

A. put this idea on BTS wish list and get someone vote for it, make best wishes that someone will hear the paryer, or

B. if you get really really upset about this "patch or no patch" thing, get refund(if there is any)

Well then if you look at from the point of view of "why patch, it should be perfect when its released" then NO game would ever be released...

no, it doesn't work. several of the official missions supplied are full of bugs. at least one cannot be completed. reading this forum it is obvious they have been long-standing issues, but the product was put on store shelves regardless.

Stop your negative crap and play and enjoy the game for what it is smile_o.gif ... just count yourself lucky you never played OFP when it was first released crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]why should i have to get patches? the thing was only just released here. how can they sell a product that doesn't work?

All games that are first released get patched of some kind eventually.

Nothing in the world is perfect whistle.gif

Anyway.. What's new with the hud? I didn't notice anything.

You update games like you update windows or your car or your home. Get used to it.

Quote[/b] ]why should i have to get patches? the thing was only just released here. how can they sell a product that doesn't work?

All games that are first released get patched of some kind eventually.

Nothing in the world is perfect  whistle.gif

Anyway.. What's new with the hud? I didn't notice anything.

it is more visible now in 1.055+, but still close to useless unless someone creat more realistic "system" for it

Interesting point but ultimately pointless. The majority of games that get released nowadays need patches of some sort. Some games need patches more than others. But your suggestion that the game doesn't work is not really accurate. The games does work but there are elements of it that either don't work or need some polish. The point is ArmA is playable as it is but some aspects need to be worked on still.