Sign in to follow this  
armatech

ArMaTeC Dedicated server

Hey I'm using your Ded server program and I like it, but I have one question. How do I get it to when I start the server the game starts also. When I look on the multiplayer list and my server says it's "creating." I have Evolution running on my server. Also, it takes me a lot longer to load the map when I join my room, but I am also runnin the server on the same computer. Could that be the reason?

Honestly if you figure this one out let me know, Cause as far as i know you cant pull it off without someone joining.

Oh yeah, once the mission is loaded it will not have that lag after loading the second time. Mostly cause it has the island cached in memory.

Hey now for some reason I get an error while trying to run the setup. It says "Could not start the application, please contact vendor." Can you guys help me out here?

Updated First post with new download link ill be updating all info pages on the final version

Fixed the install system also for all that had trubble

checkfiles array is really NOT recommended to be use in ArmA.

Use verifySignatures instead.

At least do NOT check HUGE PBOs - that will freeze both server

and client while computing the checksum.

At best use checkfiles array to check files inside pbos:

"weapons3\config.bin"

does this actually work?

Quote[/b] ]onHackedData="server globalChat format['Player %1 is using Modded data and was Banned.', (_this select 0)];ban (_this select 0)";

onDifferentData="server globalChat format['Player %1 is using Modded data and was kicked.', (_this select 0)];kick (_this select 0)";

onUserConnected="server globalChat format['Player %1 is joining the mission.', (_this select 0)]";

onUserDisconnected="server globalChat format['Player %1 is leaving the mission.', (_this select 0)]";

doubleIdDetected="server globalChat format['Player %1 is useing the same ID as some one else on this server.', (_this select 0)]";

onUnsignedData="server globalChat format['Player %1 is using unsigned data.', (_this select 0)];";

Totally noob question here:

If I run this on my home computer would I get more or less lag etc then if I just run a MP map from within the MP creation screen within Arma itself?

Basically, which is the better choice?

I know the reason behind running this but I am more interested in performance rather than running a permanent server.

I think I got my point across!

All this tool is for is creating and checking server configs i have not yet finished the documentation that will help people to understand better how to setup an efficient server.

As an answer to the question yes it would be better performance But and a BIG but don't try running both dedicated server and the game on the same PC as that will cause PC lag as all memory and CPU will be tied up. Best practice is to have 2 PC's one that is directly connected to the INTERNET and the other one as a gaming rig that you play on

Sorry to ask an ignorant question but where can I find explaination of?

Param1 = Mission setting one

Param2 = Mission setting two

Thanks

Param1 = Mission setting one

Param2 = Mission setting two

these are the setting the admin can pick at mission start

this can be weather conditions game time and so on

its the 2 box's that is in the slot selection screen at the bottom

armatec im using your tool for my dedi-server with great pleasure - thx for your efforts. I have one problem though.

If i want to use signed addons only on my server i can put a mark in "check addon signatures" fine so far. But people can join the server anyway sad_o.gif.

Should there not also be a "onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0);" to put a mark in ?

does this actually work?
Quote[/b] ]onHackedData="server globalChat format['Player %1 is using Modded data and was Banned.', (_this select 0)];ban (_this select 0)";

onDifferentData="server globalChat format['Player %1 is using Modded data and was kicked.', (_this select 0)];kick (_this select 0)";

onUserConnected="server globalChat format['Player %1 is joining the mission.', (_this select 0)]";

onUserDisconnected="server globalChat format['Player %1 is leaving the mission.', (_this select 0)]";

doubleIdDetected="server globalChat format['Player %1 is useing the same ID as some one else on this server.', (_this select 0)]";

onUnsignedData="server globalChat format['Player %1 is using unsigned data.', (_this select 0)];";

Late answer : no, you can't interact in game from within the server-side scripting engine

Thanks for the confirmation whisper. smile_o.gif

It would have been totally contrary to what Suma has said.

Dorph @ July 15 2008,11:06)]armatec im using your tool for my dedi-server with great pleasure - thx for your efforts. I have one problem though.

If i want to use signed addons only on my server i can put a mark in "check addon signatures" fine so far. But people can join the server anyway sad_o.gif.

Should there not also be a "onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0);" to put a mark in ?

you need to also install the server side addon key in the keys folder you can find most of them over at ofpec.com

can the panel be setup to be used from a remote pc or just the pc it is installed on....thnx

you can install it on your local ansd then just copy the configs over to your remote

hi,

need a little help here ,we are using the armatech tool to launch our server,but we have a problem,the server shows up on the list of servers,but with a red x.how can we fix the problem we all have the 1.14,the server in the bottom window states that is version 1.14.when we connect we get this message "bad version,server rejected connection".any help here would be greatly appreciated.

thank you Kryptonite!

help.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Upgrade your server to the same as your client. The red X usually means the client and server are not same ver. Also try to uncheck "Mod Check" in ArmaTeck launcher.

Hi, when i start armatec dedicate server, it show a picture of a beautiful girl then i got two errors: error 5 and then error 91; they show under the picture, that i can't move out of the way, but after some try i could see this two errors..

After clicking "ok" on this two errors i can see the armatech dedicated server gui and again the picture of this beutiful girl showing "Live update" and a download bar that is not progressing..

i got windows XP (italian version) updated, .net updated (got 1, 2 and 3.5 .net)

I tried it on 3 (THREE!!) different pc but i have the same problems..

The program is realy difficult to use and understand also after reading all the BIS wiki Page http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmAtechSquad_Dedicated_Server_Tool

For example i can't find and easy way to startup a LAN dedicated server, and to not make the server public on gamespy

The tool is really unstable and sometime crash

Tnx..

8)

i got it from armaholic and as i said, i installed it on 3 different pc..

I solved simply not using this program, and learned how to use the command line and the server.cfg..

:)