Sign in to follow this  
bxbx

new GateBuilder version

Ive been meaning to ask the same question sounds quite easier

GateBuilder 0.0.2.5

Have you ever thought about creating 3DMax plugin instaed of creating new o2 ? wink_o.gif

newer, I dont like use 3DSMax, models from O2 (Gatebuilder) aren't so "visual perfect", but models are smaller (less vertices, faces count).

This version of GB is alfa and to make full release will need time.

I will try to add and fix all that people here posted.

Have you ever thought about creating 3DMax plugin instaed of creating new o2 ? wink_o.gif

Autodesk 3ds Max 9 - $3,495 doh.gif (source: autodesk website)

newer, I dont like use 3DSMax, models from O2 (Gatebuilder) aren't so "visual perfect", but models are smaller (less vertices, faces count).

This version of GB is alfa and to make full release will need time.

I will try to add and fix all that people here posted.

bro bros.gifweee.gif

u're my hero yay.gif

Yeah..I hate how when you import a model and then export it back, 3dmax decided to forceivly give change some of your faces from a quad to a tri, of course it only does that if the face is not really flat..hm.

Although the view is good, and I know its early, I wouldn't necessarily use it to model, a plane and circle don't give too much in the balance of shapes since some of us cannot measure correctly rofl.gif .

Or did I by chance somehow grab the wrong version?

Quote[/b] ]newer, I dont like use 3DSMax

too bad sad_o.gif o2 will always be too far behind 3dMax sad_o.gif

What about correct 3ds import/export ?

+1 for a good plug'in ...for 3DS

confused_o.gif

WOW! This softwares rox!!!.. The models look really good in it.. i wish it would look like that in ofp... inlove.gif

ScreenHunter_1.jpg.xs.jpg

Hmm I just came across this and I'm impressed. Since my old O2 decided not to like my PC some time ago i had to make do with blender icon_rolleyes.gif . Thanks a bunch mate.

Regards Mark.

I do have one kind of off topic question..my ATI radeon video card was performing worse on Armed Assault once I bought it, after some tweaking I went through some driver things..wound up uninstalling Catalyst and for some reason everything is performing much better. Of course now I don't know how to turn anti aliasing on without, forgot saddly..doing a search right but its quite extensive, very thread on every forum with "anti aliasing" basicly. So if somebody knows, could they please inform me?

Use ATI tray tools instead of catalyst control centre

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733

Could you also take care of the the "flatten points" menu, it doesn't seem to be there.

Thanks for your work, being able to texture without bulldozer and the semi transparent view are great additions !

how do I open a .p3d file from the original contents of the Arma addons folder. Would love to edit some original contents. smile_o.gif

how do I open a .p3d file from the original contents of the Arma addons folder. Would love to edit some original contents. smile_o.gif

Simple answer - You can't. They're encrypted in such a way that they cannot be edited. We'll need to wait for BIS to release the tools, and hopefully an open-source model pack like they did for OFP (or for someone to crack the P3D encryption as happened with OFP and ODOLEXPLORER).

It's a great program, but sadly, while it runs for Vista, I get an error message and can't see the model or wireframe.

Still, great job! It'll certainly help others until a Vista-compatible tool comes out.

Simple answer - You can't. They're encrypted in such a way that they cannot be edited. We'll need to wait for BIS to release the tools, and hopefully an open-source model pack like they did for OFP (or for someone to crack the P3D encryption as happened with OFP and ODOLEXPLORER).

I am trying to decode ARMA ODOL v40 format and I thing that its possible (good progress with m16a4.p3d, all LODs, vertices and faces decoded, problems with materials and textures(when I succes with 1 file the others will not be problem)), but by decode to OFP MLOD it will lose some data

ARMA MLOD format is unknow and we still need ARMA binarize tool to make ARMA ODOL format back.

I hope that BIS will release some of what they promise (ARMA MLOD, O3).

It's a great program, but sadly, while it runs for Vista, I get an error message and can't see the model or wireframe.

Still, great job! It'll certainly help others until a Vista-compatible tool comes out.

can you sent me pic of error msg. to mail bxbx@centrum.cz

Sure mate. Also, just so you know, I'm running an 8800GTX on 158.24 WHQL drivers (since the error is 3D related).

I am trying to decode ARMA ODOL v40 format and I thing that its possible (good progress with m16a4.p3d, all LODs, vertices and faces decoded, problems with materials and textures(when I succes with 1 file the others will not be problem)), but by decode to OFP MLOD it will lose some data

ARMA MLOD format is unknow and we still need ARMA binarize tool to make ARMA ODOL format back.

I hope that BIS will release some of what they promise (ARMA MLOD, O3).

Hi,

Great news! What you have done is just enough for WRPTool smile_o.gif

See the problem at

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21143

So can you convert arma objects to the form of ofp objects? Do you have a short C(++) code that can do the mass work?

I do not care the information loss if i can see the rought grid of the objects in WRPTool smile_o.gif

Br,

Kubi

Sure mate. Also, just so you know, I'm running an 8800GTX on 158.24 WHQL drivers (since the error is 3D related).

Maybe to do with DX10 but thats just my opinion as you said 3d...

Regards Mark.

Hey,

I'm impressed with the work you've done towards building this program. As usual, I can't help but admire people who can do things that I can't. smile_o.gif

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I've got a question that I'm hoping someone can answer for me. In O2, it said something along the lines of BIS owns every model that goes through it, etc... Now, there was nothing to be done about that, so no one really complained.

I'm curious about how Gatebuilder affects this point in their agreement. I don't know if there's a way to distinguish if a model has been imported into ArmA through Gatebuilder or O2, and how BIS will know.

I'm not even sure if this is a concern at all, but I wanted to get people's opinions on the subject. I'm not trying to flame here, so let's can any spam, eh?

Abs

Hi, im not a modeler as some know very well, but... is that im a fool,

or the Gate Builder... don't re-scale down the models?, i've try to

resize a model to make a M16A4 with a new pimp scope... but the

Gate Builder gives me an error; it can't scale down models. And...

is there a place where change/swap the textures path? like in the

old O2? because i haven't found anything like that (the texture paths).

But anyway, is great to be able of see the models with the mapped

textures inside the editor, in the case of the choppers sometimes

is hard to see through the main blades the helo body, but it's great

for weapons and things like that (= more weapons). Im not a modeler,

but i like this tool. Let's C ya

I can scale models with GateBuilder. Biggest annoyance is that there is no undo. One thing that I also noticed that program can open up ODOL v7, but using them can lead to errors in ArmA.