Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS Hind v1.0 for ArmA

Put some more ZSU-23/4 or ZU-23 into the missions, which can make very many holes in a Hind to counter the lack of Strelas/Stingers? wink_o.gif

Or make Hind without flares biggrin_o.gif

Hi, this is for me the bigger bug (at 1St sight) on the RHS 1.0 Hind.

The Thing:

rhs_hind_cargo.jpg

I see too much "human heat" in that back seat... with some of the

units clipping through each other and also pulling out the feet finger

claws (or razors...) out of the hind's cargo walls. I always though

that the hinds had two benches lines, one in front the other; and

not just a single (x2) benchs line, that way of put the troops in

the cargo is what i hate the most in this hinds and i hope that it

can be solved someday; that... and a signature. I wish to be able

of put this hinds into any custom Mod folder. Let's C ya

Ah very nice thanks, its hard to find real pics of the cargo area but that fits to what ive seen on the tiny bad quality pics of the cargo area ive seen so far.

Well see if we can move the guys a bit, so far that didnt bother me too much but well see.

I'm really looking forward to get my hands on this fixed version! Because of the performance problems with the earlier version I havent used it, but soon I will have a hind in the Sahrani airspace biggrin_o.gif Thank you!

Put some more ZSU-23/4 or ZU-23 into the missions, which can make very many holes in a Hind to counter the lack of Strelas/Stingers? wink_o.gif

Or make Hind without flares biggrin_o.gif

Don`t use the Hind at all I would suggest, if it`s to tough for them tounge2.gif

If you can hardly hit it with a few stingers or strela`s then why make it easy to kill the pilots with small arms banghead.gifrofl.gif

Hinds weren't meant to be balanced. Sometimes, the pursuit of balance can destroy suspension of disbelief. Maybe instead of dumbing down the Hind's protection, add a proper apache helicopter to counter it? Or, as was suggested, nerf the countermeasures.

Balance is overrated. When you play Baldurs Gate, you KNOW you're going to have a tough time playing as a mage, instead of a fighter. It's not that it's bad, it's just a different game experience. Infantrymen SHOULD be crapping thier pants and hiding from a Hind until they get support.

I agree with some of the other comments here, that if you want balance, you should find it in the mission design.

ShadowNX, I'll be sending you a link to DL the .pbo of the work we've done. Hopefully you can then take the changes we made and combine it with your recent work to re-release one awesome Hind. biggrin_o.gif

I'm sure RHS can release a version with bullet proof glass for the general Arma community.

To try and explain what we are aiming for with our version.

The point of our Tournament is to make a 'combined operations' large scale battle, which has strong elements of realism, but at all times keeping it as fun as possible for all players. We are always looking at our feature set, but what we have at the moment is what our version of the Hind needs to fit into.

We been evolving over the last 18 months and have been through stages where the air power dominates and then where AA measures dominate. Either way you end up with unhappy players. At the moment we have found a balance that works. The fact that Infantry still fear the Helos but equally the Helos fear the AA threat that can be deployed.

We can only pass on what we have learnt whilst RHS kindly let us poke around their addon.

That sounds fair enough. I'm really glad that someone fixed this beauty, been missing a hind..

is it just me(iam no pro pilot) or is the Hind the slowest chopper in the game, compared to the BIS choppers!? i have the Hind 1.0 version, i guess its the latest.

i mean the chopper itself is great, i like it verry much, but it does NOT resemble the charateristics of a attack helicopter.

clearly, i dont want it to fly like a LB but its slower than everything else, and accelarates worse than the Hip.

the hip is even more agile in turns and overall the better attack chopper if we belive the game, however its a transport chopper after all.

i dont know but maybe this could be looked at a bit to make it more compareable to the vanilia BIS choppers.

is it just me(iam no pro pilot) or is the Hind the slowest chopper in the game, compared to the BIS choppers!? i have the Hind 1.0 version, i guess its the latest.

i mean the chopper itself is great, i like it verry much, but it does NOT resemble the charateristics of a attack helicopter.

clearly, i dont want it to fly like a LB but its slower than everything else, and accelarates worse than the Hip.

the hip is even more agile in turns and overall the better attack chopper if we belive the game, however its a transport chopper after all.

i dont know but maybe this could be looked at a bit to make it more compareable to the vanilia BIS choppers.

This has been changed. I would say its now on par with a BIS helo and the weight to speed ratio feels more correct.

For those anxious to pick apart every detail of the RHS - AToW Modified Hind, Id like to give a few more technical details on some of the changes. Of course it may all change once I re-submit the Hind back to RHS and ShadowNX for any future release. biggrin_o.gif

From what ive been told by the modder Im working with on this model, the armor ratings on the body, engine, main rotor and tail rotor have all been set slightly higher than the Cobra's. Meaning it can take more small arms fire, without blinking. One example was the Cobra has a body armor rating of 60. We set the Hind to 65. We tried higher, but it took 3 full reloads from a Humvee .50cal to damage the Hind. That seemed a bit much, when you compare it to all the other helo's in the game.

Now, sustained ground fire will cause a fuel leak and could kill the engine. A direct blast from the Cobra's nose canon will knock out the rotor. In other words, its still a pretty tough bird. But you can't just hit auto hover above your enemy and fire away. You'll be dead.

Improvements since MY VIDEO went up are things such as;

* Small black compass on the the top of the pilots cockpit frame that used to be stuck on South, now is working.

* The Attitude gauge (horizon gauge) was accidentally reversed in the vid. Got it fixed.

* On the pilots console, the Air speed, Altitude and a couple other of the small gauges are now working also.

* We put the original 12.7mm nose canon back on. But changed it from the weak buck-shot type pattern to a more focused and damaging fire pattern. Its lethal!

* Ru!ner, the modder, is working on cockpit glass that is a bit like the Cobra's. It can take a couple rounds to protect the pilot longer. (He said it will take him some work though, but he's good) tounge2.gif

* As mentioned, armor ratings on rotors and engine were increased for MP game durability.

All sounds very good, say dont you guys maybe wanna help us with Project 85?

Eh small arms killing the crew through armoured glass that can withstand .50 rounds? One of my biggest gripes with armed assault...anyways still nice.

All sounds very good, say dont you guys maybe wanna help us with Project 85?

Send me some details. I can pass them on and see if Ru!ner would have the time to get involved. I don't think he does any scripting. But he's decent with model work.

Sounds good, i let you know when the website is done and the forums are ready.

My friend has a lot of military images including Czech Mi-24s. I've asked him to help us out and dug out an image or two of the cargo interior...

Hi, those cargo benchs looks like as the cargo seats from a Land

Rover 110, hopefully (for the units in the cargo) that hind's roof

is cushioned and is less squared than the Land Rover's cargo space.

Thanks to God that i had a helmet back in those days because if i

don't had have it... now i wouldn't be writing this lines... .

And... i don't knew that we could use other language than the

english in this forum section, i fear to write in spanish, i look at my

"unreductible" warning levels and i fear to do it... but; is:

Excelente. Not... "excellente". "muchas gracias" >>;-) . Let's C ya

Well forgive my poor spanisch its the only thing i can halfway say or write

Next time i just write, thanks a lot smile_o.gif