Sign in to follow this  
pebcak

Calling a script from init.sqs

I have a short intro script that I would like all clients to run on joining. How do I call this script, called titles.sqs, from within the init.sqs file? As the intro takes about 30 seconds to complete, is there a way for this script to be called by init.sqs without the processing of the rest of the init.sqs script pausing until the titles.sqs script is complete? Does this make any sense..?

wink_o.gif

Yeah, I read that. The query I have is if I put that call into the init.sqs file will the remainder of that init.sqs file only run after that call has completed?

If I got u right,you want to put your titles.sqs into init.sqs.Why not? It's auto script,it appears when just the mission begins.

So the first line in init.sqs must write [] exec "titles.sqs".And then another comands

in init.sqs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

mycutscenefinished = false

[]exec"yourcutscene.sqs"

@mycutscenefinished

Rest of init.sqs code

At the end of yourcutscene.sqs put mycutscenefinished = true

If you convert titles.sqs into titles.sqf, then you may use a different way:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_script=[]execVM"yourcutscene.sqf"

@scriptDone _script

Rest of init.sqs code