Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

Crippled JIP

http://cr-ofp.dyndns.org/index.php?view=828

Dear BI

It seems that not everything is working with JIP right now.

If it is not a coding error of Jack & DVD, could you please fix the relevant code in your engine.

I need to play THE crCTI asap, can`t live without.

JIP is the enabler to keep the CTI fully manned over hours.

BR

I&C

EDIT:

I rephrase:

Happy eastern to BI and all others!

And AFTER eastern could you please fix it? help.gif

How do you mean, its not working?

Works in everything I've ever made, might be due to the way the mission players start etc. You have to have playable AI selectable on the missions screen.

Pritty sure its not a BIS code problem.

Quote[/b] ]

- removed JIP (it`s not working so disabled in public version)

Is it this line your complaint is based on?

Then you should rethink it. It does not necessarily mean it isn't working because it is broken in ArmA.

I saw JIP working. Not in crCTI but in a map named Evolution.

More than that, I quit after 30 minutes, turned off my PC but came back after 1 hour and rejoined. I didn't have any slot choice but was placed in the very same slot. I was astonished when I realized I got back my:

- Rank

- Units

as if I never had left.

Look, you have to consider crCTI is an import from OFP. It was not written with ArmA in mind. Evolution is written from scratch for ArmA.

Please remember this - always - before complaining.

Quote[/b] ]

I need to play THE crCTI asap, can`t live without.

Why not try out some other mission styles and keep playing crCTI in OFP? I doubt you will see in ArmA a crCTI game the way you know it from OFP. The engine seems to differ to much and the community is also not quite the same.

Jupp, in Evolution it is working too for me.

I would love if you read what I wrote more careful:

Quote[/b] ]If it is not a coding error of Jack & DVD, could you please fix the relevant code in your engine.

So I do not say it is BI`s fault for sure, but since (I should not say it) there is a good documentation

And I guess crCTI is a little bit more complex then Evolution

You expect an answer to this question?

Of course not since BI standard CTI is bug free and by far sufficient so that there is no need and space for any other CTI.

The strange thing is always when I direct one question to BI, a lot of other guys feel entitled to answer which leads into a battle.

I guess we had that.

I f someone from BI thinks I am wrong and find the time to answer - good. If not - also good.

Sorry, but what is JIP? huh.gifconfused_o.gif

Join in progress - the ability to join a multiplayer game while it is running. On the contrairy you had to wait in OFP until a new game started.

Quote[/b] ]

The strange thing is always when I direct one question to BI, a lot of other guys feel entitled to answer which leads into a battle.

@I&C: When you do not want responses from us 'unentitled' you should not be questioning in a public forum.

*getting a bit angry about this remark*

*Yo Joe*

Hey I & C,  I know I'm not BIS, but this IS a public forum that tries to assist anyway (If you want BIS alone, why not PM them?)- what version of the crCTI are you running?  I know in 2006 they were going to port it over to ArmA, but got hooked on RTS-4 and haven't looked for an update.

I would hazzard a guess that it's mission specific since RTS-4, numerous co-ops, CTF, DM and personal missions also do JIP without error.  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

For example JIP is not working correctly now and there is still the problem with the setpos bug.

If you find further bugs you can report them on the crCTI trac here(link).

Furthermore you can post suggestions and ideas there when you are registered.

Every help for developing the crCTi further is appreciated.

Interested scripters can contact me via PM.

And now have fun

Seeing that from the latest mission, I'd point your sharp stick at the mission makers....

Edit 2:  Seeing that you have already visited their forums, it's odd that you post such cynicism here when they have said they have not yet implemented JIP... And yes, I am being most pleasant about this. I must say I'm fuming at your gall at posing this issue, as well as many others, by default - at BIS. That we have to read your hostile self-importance and smug typing when you HAVE a point is bad enough...

If you see some bug (related to JIP or any other), it is best to report it on the bug tracker you are running and then you can use any means you wish to draw attention to it (including the newly introduced voting, or discussing it here on the forum).

I see no way how could we handle requests like "fix JIP, it is broken".

I don't know why INNOCENT&CLUELESS even plays this game, he apparently despises it. All of his comments are always negative and this thread is indicative of this. It's just a vehicle for his backhanded comments which does nothing for his credibility.

And to your question:

If JIP works in DM and other modes and not in a 3rd party mission, the problem is with the 3rd party mission!

Also if you do not want a PUBLIC discussion on a public forum, then send the developers a PM and don't post here.

BIS developers must all have thick skins to take this abuse.

--Ben

You expect an answer to this question?

Of course not since BI standard CTI is bug free and by far sufficient so that there is no need and space for any other CTI.

I guess we had that.

I f someone from BI thinks I am wrong and find the time to answer - good. If not - also good.

I don't know why you answer as if I should know what you're talking about. Suma wrote the game and not even he knows that in heaven's name you're on about.

JIP is undocumented, but the CrCTI and MFCTI guys are coming close to figuring it out. There are already a few CTI missions, such as RTS (which is very similiar to CTI, if not better in its own way) that support JIP flawlessly.

You should probably do more research or something.

Umm I guess the bug tracker contains already some bugs related to JIP, and yes I will try to collect the hindering TT and this can be closed here.

Everybody overlooked that I did not say it is 100% for sure BI.

But since everyone is fiddling with undocumented features, it is after all BIs fault. Old story.

I do not know RTS in ArmA, I preferred it in the early OFP times too. Maybe RTS devs are more clever or they simply do not use the same functions or they had more luck in guessing how it could work.

Suma is right, I will simply vote the related TTs as I did it in the past.