Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry's Special forces.

Heres something i hope is a bit different and interesting smile_o.gif

Looking at the us crew helmet, i realized its quite similar to certain lightweight SF helmets. smile_o.gif

*Mp5 model is for show purposes only*

alphasfqq8.jpg

specialforcesberetci9.jpg

Good effort, but no offence, I don't think it looks right. He just looks like a crewman wearing personal footwear

Looking at the us crew helmet, i realized its quite similar to certain lightweight SF helmets. smile_o.gif

Seals used to use CVC helmets before the MICH 2001 was employed. CVC helmets however have such thin shell they could hardly stop anything shy of a .22 round.

Wow the new normal-map looks great! wink_o.gif First I thought it's a complete new model. Great work. BTW: Even if you don't want to release the MP5, it looks great. The MP5 fit's perfect to the model.

I was trying to mimic the helmet in rainbow six vegas. Unfortunately the crew helmet is a bit too big. i plan to add a specular map to it inlove.gif

All is not lost though, if it's still not convincing i can paste the bdu texture onto another model, right now im thinking the reporter smile_o.gif

More later, gotta to work (im late!wink_o.gif

LOVE IT! most interesting addon i've seen for Arma to date yay.gif

I was also thinking of creating a SF out of the crewman however i dont have the time atm, finish this puppy.

btw

Seems a lot of noobs are angry that the arma scene's addon count isn't up to the OFP level yet, but hey! Shame on you addonmakers for not releasing all that cool content even before the modtools are out and the game not even being released in the US. However some of you people might not know that addonmakers are infact NOT GOD!!!!!

Dude it looks great and i would love to play it, however the shoes seem a bit bright biggrin_o.gif

-The vest looks like its just missing some texture details in the front

-The flag is a bit big

-The helmet looks like a crew helmet

My point is that if you know all this and post a pic saying its a SF addon...well it looks more like a crew with a large flag on an unfinished vest.

I realize its a retex and theres no tools but why not just wait for tools instead of trying to overdo it.

Constructive critisism? I guess not but at least im honest.

Wait until the mod tools come out, man. Cause you have a good idea, just bad pre-tools execution.

well im gonna shelve the crew retexture. it was really just an experiment to see what was possible.

anyway, heres what im working on atm.

specialforcesscreenshotjn3.jpg

Its a bit gi-joe ish but what the hey.

Cool idea, but at the moment, it looks like the vest is part of the t-shirt.

In all fairness to Dirty Harry I'm sure someone did more or less exactly the same thing with a crew model for OFP before those tools came out.

The stuff in Vegas really reminded me of Crye Associate's concept for "Law Enforcement Tactical Equipment System".

Detailed screenshot:

http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=r6v1mo4.jpg

*update*

specialforcesassaultfrodx0.jpg

specialforcesassaultbactr9.jpg

specialforcesassaultsidgi1.jpg

Going to add more detail such as patches later today. right now...i have to go to work sad_o.gif

since you call them SF these are green berets?

hmm...

never seen any green berets wearing stuff like that XD..

id be rather precise with the SOF and SF termini

cheers

since you call them SF these are green berets?

hmm...

never seen any green berets wearing stuff like that XD..

id be rather precise with the SOF and SF termini

cheers

Well as good as it is to hear from well known addon makers i gotta ask.... Just because YOU haven't seen it, means that its complete fiction?

Ive been doing a bit of thinking and i gotta be honest, self-imposed military experts are plaguing the forums.

All though this might be good for keeping authenticity in certain cases when realism is all that matters, it can lead to a restriction in an addon makers creativity.

The addon im creating will be called "Dirty Harry's Special forces". These are designs BASED on real life. This includes, insignias, camo and bdu design.

hope this clears things up. wink_o.gif

lol calm down...

im no military expert.. its just a bad habit im precise :P

fact is if youre making US SF the folks are green berets

i havent seen many pics of them but on those you couldnt really disguise them from SAS/SBS or other.

of course it depends where they are fighting.

Quote[/b] ]Well as good as it is to hear from well known addon makers i gotta ask.... Just because YOU haven't seen it, means that its complete fiction?

but doesnt that imply that if you havent seen a certain unit you can say its like that? :P thats wrong either

i honestly dont wanna bitch around

but ive seen lotta people doing fancy SF whereas they werent.

you couldnt tell if these guys are SF SOF PMC´s mercs or airsofters..(LOL)

anyway

if youre doing recent settled US SF (green berets)

i can tell you that these guys prime uniform is the ACU

as theyre part of the ARMY unlike the seals who still wear the older BDU´s (tho some seem to wear ACU aswell).

also they wear PCU´s protective combat uniforms

which are either plain od or tan.

aswell as that ive seen many green berets using soviet made gear. like those ak chest rigs and AK´s.

so maybe you could retex some opfor dudes?

cause right now these guys could be anything.

im also pretty sure that they wont wear berets on comabt missions or anykind of patches and insignias that would identify them as SF from a certain country as they want to stay undetected like any other SF.

anyway

dont get me wrong

i might sound harsh but ive seen many good ideas being wasted over and over again..

so just take it as an advice and look over your own rim smile_o.gif

cheerio

i like them biggrin_o.gif finaly some US green berets in arma (ebuds SF are great but more for combat roles in heavy fighting)

please make versions with and without backpacks (and please dont forget to include binocs and nv goggles as well as sidearms to them unlike the greek green berets addon who are missing a lot of stuff)

dirty,

i'm gonna send you a PM and discuss your addon (i see potential in your last screenie).

nice work on the camo weps, should release that now wink_o.gif