Sign in to follow this  
Johannes

Jonny´s Marines

That's great. smile_o.gif

usmc123,

Every Marine IS getting this new body armour, not just Force Recon. That's according to my earlier link. It was in the news too.

GD Mast

yeah I know but I love that grunt-type look that Johnny showed a pic of

Something missing i noticed yesterday when playing rahmadi conflict. There are no retextured models of dead US soldiers with a blanket over their upper part. Looks quite weird to see the bland vanilla ACU on them.

BTW, i'm using your Woodland Marines since you released them first as US replacement.

Something missing i noticed yesterday when playing rahmadi conflict. There are no retextured models of dead US soldiers with a blanket over their upper part. Looks quite weird to see the bland vanilla ACU on them.

BTW, i'm using your Woodland Marines since you released them first as US replacement.

the replacement pack replaces the textures on the character models of the original BIS units, the bodies under the blanket are not dead models with a blanket over them they are an entirely different object within the Arma enviroment and as such their texture was not replaced with the current replacement back, although that could be changed by johnny if he so wished to do so

Quote[/b] ] [...]the bodies under the blanket are not dead models with a blanket over them they are an entirely different object within the Arma enviroment and as such their texture was not replaced with the current replacement back, although that could be changed by johnny if he so wished to do so

That's exactly why i'm mentioning it here. Don't quite understand your point though.

However, it's an easily overlooked model, i wonder if anyone retextured it so far.

i was stating why they havent been replaced and if johnny has the time im sure he could do so for us

and Jonny I was wondering ( I have no idea what modding/skinnings like so I'm not sure if this is east) could you, on some Marines, mainly Infantry have black or brown goggle covers (I just think it looks good that way (with your desert Marpat) like these http://www.arcent.army.mil/cflcc_t....ch3.jpg

and Jonny I was wondering ( I have no idea what modding/skinnings like so I'm not sure if this is east) could you, on some Marines, mainly Infantry have black or brown goggle covers (I just think it looks good that way (with your desert Marpat) like these http://www.arcent.army.mil/cflcc_t....ch3.jpg

Yep ill do that. the most marines will get ess nvg profile goggles with cover and some without a cover.

Yep ill do that. the most marines will get ess nvg profile goggles with cover and some without a cover.

thanks, and thanks again for the quick reply smile_o.gif

I am kinda done with the loadout for the standart Marine now. Only misses goggles and textures for the mag pouches anymore.

Some pics:

p1.jpgp2.jpgp3.jpg

one, larger piece

best US marine retexture out dude and now modeler i guess since adding permanent goggles and nvgs would require changes to the new model?

Can't wait to see those in-game, and Jonny when your done with the standard marine rifleman could you post some pics

yep i agree

just make those guys look more dirty.

mud/dust on knees elbows and butt

also you might change the radio attached to the vest.

marines use the PRR along with the bowman/liteheadset.

dont forget to make some jarheads with kneepads and nomex gloves.

theses more and more action.

yea and some dust goggles would be cool to see aswell.

as well as NVG mounts attached to the nvg mount on the helmet

(anpvs 7 mounts have attachment points for the helmet mount or directly located at the top of the NVG itself - just to get some variation)

keep it up

Love the "dump bag" Jonny.  This is looking real good!  thumbs-up.gif

GD Mast

finally we're starting to see some new models instead of "only" retextures. i'm about to get exited... smile_o.gif

marines_3_1.jpg

marines_3_2.jpg

marines_3_3.jpg

marines_1_1.jpg

marines_1_2.jpg

marines_1_3.jpg

got the current stuff ingame. However some selections and the Ambient Shadow maps still need some work.

nice work

some hints tho

if you make them wear tan flightsuits you need to notice that they use velcro patches instead of buttons smile_o.gif

just incase you havent seen that

did you concider making MTV´s instead of the old IBA?

MTV´s are currently being issued and theres already plenty pics available

cheers

nice Jonny but are the standard Marine infantry going to wear flightsuits? Because that seems a little off to me