Sign in to follow this  
Johannes

Jonny´s Marines

Thats interesting about the LWH helmet that USMC uses.  I had no idea what they used because it is difficult to tell under the cammo helmet cover.  I knew it didn't look quite like a PASGT, yet at the same time, it was bigger then a MICH helmet.    Very interesting! I am also GREATLY looking forward to this update!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Johnny, not sure if this has been asked before, search didnt find anything (searched snow and winter)

are there any plans to make snow camo units? This is purely becuase its christmas time and Im a bit bored and I found out there is the VIRUS snow sara and another snw island who's name escapes me.

Also it would make eddyd's snow cammo UH60 useful.

Thanks for the work you've already done, using it via sixth sense mod smile_o.gif

Johnny, not sure if this has been asked before, search didnt find anything (searched snow and winter)

are there any plans to make snow camo units? This is purely becuase its christmas time and Im a bit bored and I found out there is the VIRUS snow sara and another snw island who's name escapes me.

Thanks for the work you've already done, using it via sixth sense mod smile_o.gif

No snow camo from me. Afaik there is not even an official snow camo in the usmc.

Anyway, i am working on the marines right now so i should get them done very soon.

No snow camo from me. Afaik there is not even an official snow camo in the usmc.

Anyway, i am working on the marines right now so i should get them done very soon.

There is. There is a digital snow camouflage over suit. I have the picture somewhere on my harddisk on my home computer, but I'm away for two weeks so I won't be able to send it to you. It was on the USMC website and looks very well.

I'm not sure if it's completely approved already. But if it's not the "official" snow camouflage is the plain white oversuit. Anyway it's a bit offtopic as I'm very happy with the woodland and desert units. Making winter units would be nice in the future when there is a real quality winter map.

There is. There is a digital snow camouflage over suit. I have the picture somewhere on my harddisk on my home computer, but I'm away for two weeks so I won't be able to send it to you. It was on the USMC website and looks very well.

I'm not sure if it's completely approved already. But if it's not the "official" snow camouflage is the plain white oversuit. Anyway it's a bit offtopic as I'm very happy with the woodland and desert units. Making winter units would be nice in the future when there is a real quality winter map.

You mean this ?

http://www.usmc.mil/marinel....031.jpg

You mean this ?

http://www.usmc.mil/marinel....031.jpg

I just have to trust your wisdam as for some reason the USMC decided to block most entries from foreign servers, which means I'm blocked and can't view their page. I travel between three parts of my country every week and in one of those parts I have server that is able to view the page, but on the other two (including my home address) i can't view it sad_o.gif

they could just have used the ACU camo and would have saved a lot of money in gear biggrin_o.gif

Wow that's a very nice camouflage Pauliesss wow_o.gif I would love to see them in Arma.

Great addon Jonny, looking forward to the release. yay.gif

Lennard. xmas_o.gif

good to hear progress is still movin along

And here it goes again. Merry Christmas to everyone and thanks to all the helpfull comments i got over the last months  xmas_o.gif

Thats it, my marines are done and ready for release. Nothing really else to say about them at this moment. Just have a look at the screenshots and decide whether you want to download them or not.

Enough talk. Here we go:

nsx11.jpg

nsx12.jpg

nsx13.jpg

one piece

nsx21.jpg

nsx22.jpg

nsx23.jpg

one piece

More Pics:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums....-64.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums....-18.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums....-62.jpg

http://suckysuckylongtime.com/jonny/fullsizeburns.jpg (Screen by burns)

thanks to NSX for theese screens

Quote[/b] ]Version: 1.5

By: Johannes 'Jonny' Wagner (jowa89@hotmail.de)

Requires Armed Assault V1.08

TABLE OF CONTENTS

===========

1. Credits

2. Beta testers

3. Version history

4. Addon Description

5. Classnames

6. Installation

7. Known issues

1. CREDITS

===========

Sniper Skull's mom for all the input, she gave me

Wilco for his marpat reference photos

2. BETA TESTERS

===========

Blackdog's mom

Oyman's mom

Sniper Skull's mom

SirChimp's mom

3. VERSION HISTORY

===============

1.0 (06-04-07) (official release)

- First public release

1.1 (07-04-07) (official release)

- Fixed several bugs

- varius config changes

- added woodland marpat

1.2 (11-04-07) (internal release)

- Fixed bugs again

- various changes on the normal maps

- added new details to the textures

1.3 (14-04-07) (official release)

- Fixed the bugs of the bug fixes

- various changes on the normal maps especially fitted to the FSBE AAV

- added new details to the textures

- added new FSBE AAV for the Force Recons

1.4 (12-12-07) (internal release)

- removed the Force Recons, aswell as all the older variants

- replaced the old textures from 1.3 against new textures.

- replaced all old models against new, custom made, models for all remaining variants.

- added new nomex variants of the units

- changed classnames

- added classnames to readme.txt

1.5 (24-12-07) (official release)

- improved the ambient shadow textures

- added new weapons for the squad, and teamleader (m4acog m4acog m203)

- added groups

- fixed nomex units

- fixed various texture bugs

- fixed the selections problems

- fixed the problems with the faces

- fixed the wound problems

- fixed the problems with flawed selections in the shadow lods

4. ADDON DESCRIPTION

=================

This Addon is representing modern US Marines as of december 2007

*******************deleted********************

5. CLASSNAMES

=================

Desert Units:

joh_marineDBA Desert Rifleman

joh_marineDGL Desert Rifleman GL

joh_marineDME Desert Corpsman

joh_marineDSA Desert Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW)

joh_marineDAT Desert Anti Tank Gunner AT4

joh_marineDAA Desert Anti Aircraft FIM 92

joh_marineDSN Desert Designated Marksman

joh_marineDSL Desert Squad Leader

joh_marineDTL Desert Team Leader

joh_marineDOF Desert Officer

Woodland Units:

joh_marineWBA Woodland Rifleman

joh_marineWGL Woodland Rifleman GL

joh_marineWME Woodland Corpsman

joh_marineWSA Woodland Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW)

joh_marineWAT Woodland Anti Tank Gunner AT4

joh_marineWAA Woodland Anti Aircraft FIM 92

joh_marineWSN Woodland Designated Marksman

joh_marineWSL Woodland Squad Leader

joh_marineWTL Woodland Team Leader

joh_marineWOF Woodland Officer

Nomex Units:

joh_marineNBA Nomex Rifleman

joh_marineNGL Nomex Rifleman GL

joh_marineNME Nomex Corpsman

joh_marineNSA Nomex Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW)

joh_marineNAT Nomex Anti Tank Gunner AT4

joh_marineNAA Nomex Anti Aircraft FIM 92

joh_marineNSN Nomex Designated Marksman

joh_marineNSL Nomex Squad Leader

joh_marineNTL Nomex Team Leader

6. INSTALLATION

============

There are two PBO files in the .rar archive, which need to be extracted into your ArmeA/Addons folder.

Put the following files in your addons folder:

joh_marines.pbo

joh_marines.pbo.joh.bisign

joh_marweap.pbo

joh_marweap.pbo.joh.bisign

Units can be found under "bluefor\desert Marines", "bluefor\woodland Marines" and "bluefor\nomex Marines".

7. KNOWN ISSUES

============

- None yet

Please visit the Official Forums (http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi) for further updates and discussions of this addon.

*************Disclaimer:*******************

This is not an official Addon. Use it at your own risk.

Editing or redistributing this addon, or any part of it, is not allowed in any way without my explicit, written, permission.

Enjoy the addon!

Download links:

http://suckysuckylongtime.com/jonny/JOH_Marines_1_5_rc1.rar  (thanks to sniper skull for the mirror)

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=296 (thanks to armedassault.info for the mirror)

http://prison.tibet225.server4you.de/ww2pn....ile=571 (thanks to combat-prison.net for the mirror)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1093 (thanks to armaholic.net for the mirror)

Semper Fi! biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for these, Johnny. They look outstanding. notworthy.gif

Merry X-mas. xmas_o.gif

they look awesome, I feel like it's Christmas already (Christmas Eve here) Oh and did you take those screenshots they look good, oh yeah and Thank You for the addon

Wow they look excellent .... Hammergeil !

Here is an ArmedAssault.info Mirror :

<a href="http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=296" target="_blank">

DOWNLOAD Jonny's Marines (v1.5) [33,8 MB] @ArmedAssault.info </a>

And here is the news :

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=374

Furthermore this addon is packed with 7-zip, a packer tool similar to Winrar. You can get it from HERE, but the files can also be extracted with Winrar.

Frohe Weihnachten ! xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Furthermore this addon is packed with 7-zip, a packer tool similar to Winrar. You can get it from HERE, but the files can also be extracted with Winrar.

if you would had appeared 5 minutes beforer , i would have saved 100MB of download crazy_o.gif

Wow x2000

These look bloody awesome! notworthy.gif

Any chance of a replacement pack? inlove.gif