Sign in to follow this  
puggy

BAD Performance, but why ???

I have bougth OF and have patched it up to date but i am getting very bad performance out of the game. I shouldn't be my specs are

1000 ghz Athlon

384 mb Ram

GeForce 3TI200

can anyody tell me the settings they are running the game on so i can try them to see if it improves.

Thx Puggy

Define bad at what. You run at 3000*2000*32 and want more than 1 fps? Or what? Have you latest graphics driver? And so on.

I have the latest drivers etc i am running it on 800*600 32

And the rest are pretty much on default setting

Are you using 23.11 drivers?confused.gif

If you do delete them ASAP and install the new 27.30 beta drivers. I use them and they work wonders with OF. Stay away from 27.42 though. Go to http://www.madonion.com to get em.

Also what mobo are you using?

Try installing newest drivers for your mobo and get the AMD miniport AGP driver.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkMarksman @ Feb. 13 2002,22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">gee i figure with 1000 ghz (1 million mhz) you should have no probs...<span id='postcolor'>

ROTFL

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkMarksman @ Feb. 13 2002,23:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">gee i figure with 1000 ghz (1 million mhz) you should have no probs...<span id='postcolor'>

I would call the amount of heat that thing produces a problem tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Feb. 14 2002,07:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">gee i figure with 1000 ghz (1 million mhz) you should have no probs...<span id='postcolor'>

I would call the amount of heat that thing produces a problem tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

nooooo.

You don't have to turn the radiator up - it's great!

1 million mhz != 1 ghz

1000 mhz = 1 ghz

1 million mhz = 1000 ghz = 1 thz

I see Puggy hasn't come back to his thread lately, but for anyone else this might help.

What OS was he using? If it's Win2k or ughhh XP, then 385Meg isn't enough. Most likely he was hitting his swapfile. I run win2k and 385meg was not enough for OFP. It's the very first game/app that i've had that consumed it all and hit my swap file. So now with 768M I have plenty left and the performance is great.