Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

UNICON warfare for ofp.

Good work, but i have an observation & you'll hate me for saying this;

The wheel guards that have 90degree corners bother me because the rest of the vehicle has faily rounded corners, they would look alot better if the were rounded like the rest of the vehicle.

Just my opinion of course wink_o.gif

btw do u have any pics of the rear of these units? What kind of ingress and egress points are there? Large troop door  or hatches ?

The flyer is looking great!

but another point/surggestion= the jet turbines look too small in comparison to the size of the craft. I'd say a 100% increase in their size would give a closer power to lift ratio.

Again just MHO

D@nte= pistols.gif  sad_o.gif =STEELE

Nice work, D@nte! Looking good!  thumbs-up.gif

Though, I have to agree with Steele on the APC's wheel cover... "edgy-ness" - would look better if it were angle-ended, wouldn't even have to be round - just like the bottom half of a "Stop" sign (octaedron??) would be perfect IMHO.

Unlike Steele though, I don't think that the gunship's engines are too small - it's a futuristic craft anyways, and small engines may have increased performance (look at a Gulfstream or other small bizjet engines and it'll become apparent...) .

What I find rather awkward is the gunship's rather massive tail... Somehow reminds me of an AWACS radar radome bulge... The only practical application I could find for it other than that would be a massive fuel tank... Hope that bird has the standard-OFP-aircraft near-endless range then!  yay.gif

could you show me on a pic for the wheel guard? sorry i don't understand exactly what you mean banghead.gif

In fact for the take off engine, I made the engine to fit the place that I had, because these engines can turn, so that was difficult to imagine a good shape for it and objects which allow its movements.

And this is a rework, the previous gunship was different wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What I find rather awkward is the gunship's rather massive tail

this is a copy of the body of insects (bee for example). this part hides the motor and 2 turbines for the horizontal flight.

Quote[/b] ]Large troop door or hatches ?

in fact 2 doors, not working (I was lazy) tounge2.gif

thx for your comments thumbs-up.gif

oh! btw, I have the agreement of Acacyn to use his awesome script for my fighter thumbs-up.gif

oh! ok. I made the wheel guard like that, for to have a retro futuristic style smile_o.gif

Nothing wrong with it, but instead of being 90 degree angles at the bottom, you could make them like the bottom half of an octaedron, or hegaxon, or something like that (since round shapes are much more polygon-intensive than angular ones), and it would still maintain a futuristic look - that's just a suggestion of mine though...  thumbs-up.gif

np wink_o.gif but in fact i don't want to change it. because if i want to change it that means, make again the uvmapping and the texture.

yeah, i'm a little bit lazy.

btw, if I can have the agreement of Laser to use his old rangers (1993 rangers), i'm going to release an alpha.

my soldier is not finished for the moment. whistle.gif

new weapons (well not really new, just some modifications whistle.gif )

this was difficult to change the model without destroy the uvmapping. hurrah! me biggrin_o.gif

1- Fsl14

2- Fsl14 LMG

the other weapon is the Fsl15 with 20 mm ammo as the OICW.

fslmgyk5.th.jpg

Nice looking rifles, i have my own scfi project in the works, will share with the community once university work is out of the way smile_o.gif

thx smile_o.gif

hey! this is a excellent news. wow_o.gif ; more we have scifi stuff better it is. thumbs-up.gif

an update of the Fsl weapons (textures still need a lot of work)

fslupns5.th.jpg

btw: 1 weapon = 1 texture

hey d@nte i have found some of my really old models there is a fighter a gunship and a assult rifle to

if you want them give me a buzz and ill send them over

thx, to have a thought for the mod. but I have already these kinds of vehicles.

but thx again. wink_o.gif

not really an important addition :

cratesav3.th.jpg

crates2zf4.th.jpg

1st crate: medikits crate (health point), in the cpp attendant=1.

2nd crate: ammocrate with gun on the top (transport weapons and ammo)

3rd crate: ammocrate: (transport weapons and ammo)

smile_o.gif

Nice crates and weapons, D@nte! biggrin_o.gif Can't wait for that Alpha Release... thumbs-up.gif

Snowballrules, could you turn those models into addons? The more there'd be the better... yay.gif

i can only do models mate i cant for the life of me get them ingame (im ok with cars thats bout it) lol im just looking for someone to finish them

I really really like that fighter smile_o.gif, is it going to be a fighter or fighter/bomber ?

one will be AA (2 missiles) and AT (4 missiles), the other one will be only AA with different guns smile_o.gif

I use a model given by Snowballrules to make the bomber smile_o.gif

All looking really good D@nte, except the tail fin of the fighter REALLY bothers me, just a suggestion but on the trailing edge of the tail fin where its a verticle line i would give it a curve like a slight convex curve more like a shark fin. Just my opinion of course wink_o.gif

now you can see the gusnhip with the Steele's minigun biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif (textures not finished)

helwd5.th.jpg

hel1dz2.th.jpg

the gunship has 4 textures smile_o.gif

looks sweet d@nta do you have anyscreens of my models facelift i would love to see your handy work on her (plus im very happy that your using it smile_o.gif )

not yet, I am currently finishing before the needed addons for the alpha, the bomber the other vehicles, and my soldiers will be in the second release wink_o.gif