Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

UNICON warfare for ofp.

Hows is the soldiers going ? looking forward to your alpha release smile_o.gif

after a long time, some pics of the new vehicles (the textures are not finished)

this is the Anath-Apc md2 (it is like a tunguska but more powerful against the tanks)

md2ut9.th.jpg

md2bmx2.th.jpg

md2cxr7.th.jpg

the weapons

md2doc8.th.jpg

sorry, i had promised a release, but after my problems with the animations of the soldier, i stopped all ofp stuff (i was fed up with oxygen).

for the moment, the project of the new soldier is always stopped. i need also an agreement of Inquisitor to make some modifications in the cpp of the OICW. the weapons of the soldiers are provisional.

smile_o.gif

thx, i spent 4 hours today to make a gun, i hope to finish it before sunday (i mean in wings3d-3dsmax).

it will be like an oicw, i need also a new AT launcher. smile_o.gif

Cool, good that your keeping the OFP Faith smile_o.gif

the gun with basic texturess, now its shape is more visible

fsl15hj1.th.jpg

i have yet modified the flying troop carrier, but this time that was the last time. uvmapping now.

trspab9.th.jpg

smile_o.gif

ps: some details of the troop carrier are not visible in this picture.

btw: now i wouldn't stop this project until its end. sorry for the previous inconveniences

Thanks for the hard work, D@nte! It is appreciated! I for one can't wait to get my hands on these goodies! notworthy.gif

an update of the gun. what do you think about the textures? this is the first time, that i make textures for a gun, so be cool tounge2.gif

fls15ajt4.th.jpg

fsl15byj1.th.jpg

Hi D@nte,

the rifle looks good to me colours match ur other units and the design looks functional but sleek, i say go with it.

Really looking forward to these units i think they will go well with those Terran troops and vehicals that cam out awhile ago, have u desided what side to put them on, could i suggest the Res side so that way they could be friendly or hostile.

Keep up the great work! smile_o.gif

hey! thx, yeah, i have in mind now to match the MrDuck's addons.

Quote[/b] ]could i suggest the Res side so that way they could be friendly or hostile

i had the same idea wink_o.gif

smile_o.gif Good to hear, let me know if i can assist with any config writing or testing for you, anything i can do in my limited abilities to expedite their release count me in wink_o.gif

fslrk8.th.jpg

fsl2wq4pb6.th.jpg

fsl3vc9.th.jpg

the gun in game, the textures are not finished. i just wanted to see it in game, and change some little things to match with the animations. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] i can assist with any config writing or testing for you, anything i can do in my limited abilities to expedite their release count me in wink_o.gif

yes sure. i finish the textures and after that; a lot of problems with the cpp, and the memory lods will need some help. tounge2.gif As you can see the gun has some problems with the memory lod sad_o.gif

thx wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]As you can see the gun has some problems with the memory lod sad_o.gif

yeah!! problem solved yay.gif

yes so i see, dont really know how mem-lods work im affraid, what kind of weapon did you want the rifle to be? projectile, energy,sonic etc? Im assuming the grey section just forward of the trigger group is a mag or power cell?

BTW liking the look of the helmet on the soldier what else will you be changing? the webbing im assuming to something abit more futuristic?

Quote[/b] ]Im assuming the grey section just forward of the trigger group is a mag or power cell?

yes this is a mag for ammo like in the oicw (20 mm HE) wink_o.gif this one use a 35 mm.

btw: i have change the story. now the story takes place on earth in a future. the Earth is became a desert after that the moon has changed its orbit around the Earth. that happened after a war.

so now, there are some little countries (in some mountains around oasis) and a imperialism-commercial company (the center is in Argentina) which want to control the last ressources (water, oasis etc etc). so the country of Thyria is invaded by the company (UNICON). then you must defend your country with the help of some allies.

this is futuristic, but without lasers etc etc. smile_o.gif

about the soldier: currently I rework the soldier made, there are 1 or 2 month ago

wip pic:

thsolex8.th.jpg

the ammo pouches are not visible in this screenshot

Yeah that models much btr, in regards to the rifle; a 35mm round give one heck of a recoil, not to mention the rounds are quite weighty meaning you wouldnt be able to carry much ammo, just a though but maybe a 10mm caseless penetrator round would be more realistic as a future development of todays weapon technology. Please dont think im trying to sound like a know it all, but i use weapons regularly in my job and know how much a guy can carry with a normal combat loadout.

Like the story line too BTW smile_o.gif

yeah, i don't know anything in weapons. I have only imagined that in the future, the ammos will be better and smaller tounge2.gif

the idea comes from the french Papop. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Like the story line too BTW

thx for the moment, this is just a basic story line.

Quote[/b] ]caseless penetrator round

could you explain that, please? smile_o.gif