Sign in to follow this  
kosta87

Itwea's Lightsaber released

I'd like to post this forum for itweas for doing such great work on this addon i am fairly impressed on this addon and never seen anything like it. Here is the description of this lightsaber addon

This light saber is "ONLY" experimental ADDON, So has shabby looks.

But as for battle (especially AI vs AI), U may find out that OFP still has many possibilitys.

Try an AI battle, DARKSIDE(set skill 1) vs JEDI(set skill 1), and Watch it!

I hope u can enjoy urself with my experimental addon.

Thank you.

Remember

THIS ADDON IS "ONLY" AN EXPERIMENTAL ADDON!

Is not perfect to play, but u maybe able to see "close combat" is possible on OFP!

Have fun!

Download link for ofp.info

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/itweas_JEDI.rar

HAHAHA very funny addon

Really nice sounds and it looks really good

Congrats thumbs-up.gif

Had a mighty fun yesterday testing these in a 1vs1vs1 and even with larger teams!

Too bad the man's textures are bugged up, but neverthless a great addon!

Looks extremely cool, only problem is the second they take a swing and the other one blocks, I get that eeevil "out of reserved memory" or whatever message, along with a nice and clean CTD. I've set my 'total memory' to the highest it can go, (2048MB) so what can I do?

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind, it was conflicting with another addon or something. When I disabled my other modfolders it worked fine. Really cool addon! Keeping my fingers crossed for some medieval knights! biggrin_o.gif

They tend to get a bit Slash Happy with Civvies and other friendly people after fight off the bad guys though....  whistle.gif

Watch your Backs.... huh.gif

Tread softly and Carry one Heck of a Big and Powerful Gun, It takes more than a few Bullets to take one of those bastards down

This is quite an addon! Especially since there was no initial discussion about prior to release, surprises are always nice. Other than previously mentioned disclaimer about it being an early version, the scripts and animations are extremely well done. OFP's engine after six years never ceases to amaze.

very nice! we really could need some close combat weapons for arma and ofp. but the scripts need to be optimized cuz they cause a lot of lag.

You should take a look at the SLX mod's close combat stuff, and ask Solus if you can use their stuff to improove yours.

Not FFSX (FFURSLX) as that doesn't have close combat feature, but the normal SLX mod.

Any unit can use the weapons (Swords, axes, knifes, shovels ect.)

It reminded me something - looong time ago, in galaxy not so far away i imported as a test Reborn character from Jedi Knight II. I did little search on my backup CDs and was lucky enough to find it. So if is anyone interested here you can find modified Itwea's lightsaber addon with Reborn jedi character.

itwas_reborn.jpg

Awesome I'll change the Newspost. One question the original Jedis are still available?

good job adding jedi characters to this. I hope itwea fixes the error message that pops up in editor soon so we can all enjoy this wonderful addon smile_o.gif

Great job with the reborn, Ian Malcolm! I guess I'll have to redownload all those Star Wars addons now. Well, stormtroopers and that Tatooine object pack at least.

yeah darth maul...so there's just missing his double saber biggrin_o.gif

and he maybe could fight against 2 jedi's

Darth Maul? Nah, that feller is ugly. Darth Vader is a lot more kickass, and he only needs the regular one-bladed red saber.

Darth Maul? Nah, that feller is ugly. Darth Vader is a lot more kickass, and he only needs the regular one-bladed red saber.

Actually Darth Vader would need a new unit model since he's over 2 meters tall! wow_o.gif

Ahh man i justed uninstalled OFP because i got Arma, now i'm gonna have to install all that Star Wars stuff again.

Looks great guys, looking forward to trying this stuff out

I have a problem

If I put on the editor more than 2 guys at same side(2 west jedies, 2 dark sides) the game crashs. sad_o.gif

this is a great addon, works like a charm, too bad of the weird faces and textures though, but that doesn't effect the fun you can have with these. now, a force push script?

A force push wouldn't be hard to do after all, I think I have a jumping/leaping script Philcommando made a while back somewhere, you could tweak it a bit and voila, you can force push and even pull if you wish!

I'm actually thinking of something in the lines of a force drain etc. which reduces the opponent's health by, say, 0,25 and adds the same amount to the user's health. Don't know how the game reacts if you put more than 1 health though, propably you can't "stack" it like that. And of course with as big amounts as 0,25 (meaning that if you use it 4 times on a fully healthy person, he becomes a fully dead one) it'd need to have a very long recharge time, maybe even so it can only be used once in a mission.

I could have 10vs10 fights with the normal saber guys without crashing just fine (though it lagged like hell) but the reborn character causes a CTD every time I hit preview. It also gives an error message saying something about AI.sqs or similar, I'll check it later tonight.