Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Yet another ArmA sound modification

Well I finally got my ArmA to work and have changed the sounds in it cause , like everyones knowledge ArmA stock are shabby. I did check out some of the ones posted already like the FDF and some other one but some of the weapons were too too metalic like, too much reverb and too glassy. I did use some of the stock, I just switched them around cause they were stuck in the wrong place. You know, for BI wanting a very close to real combat sim, they sure didnt do a very good job in making the sound effects much more real. But i have to hand it to them some are very close, a small amount though. The 249's were almost close but all I did was use the same sound and touched it up a bit with some real echo in it and changed the reload. Still a little more work in progress cause ArmA has a ton of sound wavs and I have 3 kids to take care of and work crazy_o.gif

almost forgot to post the url:

I'm going to make 2 versions. 1 thats more echoy and one more of pops and stuff, like a day time echo around open feild, like desert.

Chammy I loved your sounds in OFP and am eagerly awaiting this one inlove.gif

-in a straight guy kinda way huh.gif

awesome work mate, probably the best sounds yet, ofp and arma.

cant wait to use em.

they sound really, really good, can't wait, the silenced m4 sounds a little wierd if you ask me, don't care though I don't like silenced weapons anyway.

Sounds are very good and splitting your mod into 2 different mods is a great idea.

Btw, is there any "wav-entry" or "config-entry" for bullet flying-by sound (wizzing sound)? That's exactly what misses arma vanilla, so do others sound-mods. And i guess it's not possible to add it sad_o.gif, this "wizzing-sound" is quite immersive and rather impressive.

Other question, Is your mod just a weapon sounds mod or a total convertion mod (engine, environnement replacement...)?

Well, just my 2 cents (and sorry for my english).

Heh heh, thanks froggyluv, don't worry I don't think things wrong. tounge2.gif

Well Yeb, I can make a total conversion, lots of work though since BI used so many sound samples ( like 5 to 10 different sound wavs for one action ) but I can do that. I am working to make an actual mod rather than a regular "unzip and overwrite" just in case , but i just don't know what is best to use.

Right now Iwant to figure out the config. files so I can do this, though, I'm not sure what tools to use yet. wink_o.gif

sounds VERY good m8!!! I love the saw and m16/m4 sounds.

If u have americas army, u should checkout how the silenced sopmod sounds like. IMO Americas army has the best sound for it.

Maybe you could change the "supersonic crack"-sound into a bullet-whizz-sound? would make things more intense.

Maybe you could change the "supersonic crack"-sound into a bullet-whizz-sound? would make things more intense.

it's supposed to be realistic, isn't it?

Yeah, thats true, I guess for some its the almost surreal that they like. I can do both.

I really like your sounds, hope you release them soon. Would it be possible to also release a PBO overwrite version? So it doesn't prevent us fron using other mods at the same time?

I really like your sounds, hope you release them soon. Would it be possible to also release a PBO overwrite version? So it doesn't prevent us fron using other mods at the same time?

that shouldn't be a problem, just create a folder in the mod folder called Dta (If the mod doesn't have one) then you just put your sounds in there. should work.

only sound i dont like is the M136 sound....

irl it doesnt fire a rocket, and thus it dont have a rocket sound (with rocket i mean, the grenade dont have a engine)

it´s just a big BANG when you fire it...

there are plenty of videos on the net wich shows what i meen...

heres one

even though the video shows the "new" AT4 CS it´s the same sound..

will see if i can dig up a better example

and whats better then the manufacturer itself?

AT4 video from Saab Bofors Defence

and yes, i have fired it myself so i know how it sounds...

Yea, I'm also one of the ppl that are bothered by the rocketness of the AT4 in arma, also the reloadability.

On the sounds tho, they sound great except the hollywood ricochets...

Yup, I know what you mean, I'll show you the video where I got the AT sound from. You see, there are several types, I figure this is closest but if you want one where its just a bang, i have one in the pack as well cause ArmA has like 5 different sound effects for the one event, though it just uses one , which is silly.

Carl Gustav

hmm... i have never actually heard that "swoosh" sound when standing close by...

i think that it might actually be a echo of some kind....

or just the shell goeing through the air...

atleast it´s noting like the rocket sound bis have biggrin_o.gif

Its actually the propellant and the projectile flying through the air, yes, sometimes u do not hear it in real life unless you're standing a good hundred feet back. And even then yes, its more of a nice pleasant bang, feels good in your chest.

Quote[/b] ]

...and whats better then the manufacturer itself?

<a href="mms://qstream-31.qbrick.com/01580/01580_1344_1_wis_l.wmv" target="_blank">AT4 video from Saab Bofors Defence</a>

Those Swedes have got no idea how to use those AT4 HEs!

We ArmA veterans all know that after firing they should sling

the empty tube high up on their left shoulder, lie down, flap

their arms about spastically for about 4 seconds like someone

having a fit and then pull their rifle out.  tounge2.gif

I wish someone could make a good M240/GPMG sound. It has

a distinctive metallic sputtering sound when you fire it that

I've not heard any of the sound packs adequately capture

yet.

I always loved your soundmods chammy, looking forwards to this smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

...and whats better then the manufacturer itself?

<a href="mms://qstream-31.qbrick.com/01580/01580_1344_1_wis_l.wmv" target="_blank">AT4 video from Saab Bofors Defence</a>

Those Swedes have got no idea how to use those AT4 HEs!

We ArmA veterans all know that after firing they should sling

the empty tube high up on their left shoulder, lie down, flap

their arms about spastically for about 4 seconds like someone

having a fit and then pull their rifle out. tounge2.gif

I wish someone could make a good M240/GPMG sound. It has

a distinctive metallic sputtering sound when you fire it that

I've not heard any of the sound packs adequately capture

yet.

the m240 sound in chammy´s vid is pretty darn close i think...

Thanks for the kudos guys. Thanks Blanco, how's it been lately?

Well Col.Faulkner, The time u might hear the metalic sound is with ear plugs and you have your ear or head planted down on the rear breach. The one thing I'm trying to do with the samples is make them an in between close and far. You'll see the difference. Here's another clip of sounds for both OFP and ArmA, it has a 249 sample there as well as a SMAW.