Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

Board idiosyncracy

If I go to page two of any forum, then leave that forum, when I go back and re-enter that forum for some reason it puts me back into page two instead of page one. Like it remembered I was there and put me back to the page I was viewing.

This means that often unless I'm alert I can miss the new posts/answers because I'm looking at old pages.

This happens while on the boards, if I leave, go elsewhere in the internet and return, and if I close the browser and then come back later.

Well, click to page 1 again, and stop whining about it?

How hard could it be, just check what page your on?

Especially on this forum, almost all subforums have pinned topics, so you'll see if you're on the first page...

Especially on this forum, almost all subforums have pinned topics, so you'll see if you're on the first page...

They should make you a moderator, you are so skilled at it. smile_o.gif

Ahw. Thanks.

Nah, I'm just tired of random bitching...

If I go to page two of any forum, then leave that forum, when I go back and re-enter that forum for some reason it puts me back into page two instead of page one. Like it remembered I was there and put me back to the page I was viewing.

I think that's exactly what's happening.

It's supposed to be a "feature" of the board, and there's not much you (or the admins) can do about it.

The only workaround would be to turn off cookies for this site.

hehe if this is "problem" for your then i really wonder on what "level" must be missing feature to improve search feature

to handle simultaneous search for user name + text string

to show not only whole threads but single posts including various sorting (most relevant, time order etc) ...

oh well i gues i'm way too used to noble IPB or VBuletin boards smile_o.gif

* ps no try to flame i just badly missing this feature here for years ...

I mention it because it's unusual behavior, and there's no real place to express possible technical issues. It's indeed not a biggie, and it's no trouble at all to check what page I'm on.

I mention it because there's no real place to express possible technical issues.

Got it?

I think that's exactly what's happening.

It's supposed to be a "feature" of the board, and there's not much you (or the admins) can do about it.

The only workaround would be to turn off cookies for this site.

Hmm, well if it's a feature then it's a somewhat unusual one smile_o.gif I expect there might be an option somewhere in the admin bowels of the board.

I beleive it goes to whatever page you got too...

If you read page one. You're on page one when you go back on the topic.

If you click over to page two, you get put on page two next time you visit the topic...

If you skip it all and click right to page six or whatever, I think you're put on page six, even if you clicked back after visiting six.