Sign in to follow this  
igor drukov

MP Boot-Camp with Shooting Ranges

Hey there

This mission is my vision of the US Army's base in Sahrani and of the facilities created for training there.

It has been designed for MP gaming from the bottom up and features:

<ul>[*] a realistic base lay-out;

[*] three shooting ranges adjustable via a dialogue (see picture below);

[*] Score display after completion of a given range;

[*] The possibility to have all ranges work at the same time;

[*] one AT range.

Credit: DOA =ASP= for giving me access to a dedi server.

Mirrors: <ul>[*]==>here<== (courtesy of Big from ArmAholic)

[*]==>here<== (courtesy of Imutep from BIS.4players)

range_dial.jpg

rge0.jpg

rge1.jpg

rge2.jpg

Serious players willing to train together on all infantry weapons available in the game should hopefully enjoy this!

All feedback is welcome and thank you in advance for your interest.

Regards,

Igor.

Looks well made Igor Drukov, I'll upload it to our server and let you know how it goes smile_o.gif

Thanks for your interest, Infam0us and 1212PDMCDMPPM.

1212PDMCDMPPM, can you be more specific and tell me what missiles you are talking about?

Regards,

Igor.

I'm talking about the fire and forget missiles (javelin, stinger, may be others).

Moving targets would be nice too smile_o.gif

Hey 1212PDMCDMPPM

Well Javelin and other AT weapons are available either at the armoury or at the AT range.

No AA weapon training is available though.

Moving targets I find hard to implement because I want to keep a realistic feel about it all, and I hardly think having AI loons driving around in tanks to be blasted into thin air will look too realistic. But I am considering adding some sort of tank training, though I don't really know how yet...

Thanks for your suggestion,

Igor.

I linked my clan leader to this and would like to, on his behalf, ask for your permission to use bits and pieces of your mission on our clans personal training map that is, if our clan leader wants to use any of it.

Why can't I use the Blackhawks ... bit of a drive to the Long Distance range you know tounge2.gif

looks like an awsome map there and just to make it officall i request permission for parts of ur map to be used to impliment into ours to improve our own training map smile_o.gif

If you haven't got anything relevant or constructive to say, please refrain from posting here

I just want to post my opinion. I don't think this is a bad mission i always wanted something like this.... banghead.gif

Hello

looks like an awsome map there and just to make it officall i request permission for parts of ur map to be used to impliment into ours to improve our own training map
I linked my clan leader to this and would like to, on his behalf, ask for your permission to use bits and pieces of your mission on our clans personal training map that is, if our clan leader wants to use any of it.

Thank you for your interest. You can of course modify anything you want according to your needs without asking for permission (well, as long as it's not for commercial or military use). I hope your squad will enjoy it!

Why can't I use the Blackhawks ... bit of a drive to the Long Distance range you know

Only pilots can fly, and only crew can drive armoured vehicle... Again, feel free to tweak this as you want!

Kinda like Americas Army...........

I'll trust you on this one as I've only played the game once for about 10 minutes.

Thank you for your interest. You can of course modify anything you want according to your needs without asking for permission (well, as long as it's not for commercial or military use). I hope your squad will enjoy it!

Thank you, and while we could have been sneaky and used parts of your maps and scripts without asking permission, I feel that it's a common courtesy that should be done whenever you use another persons mission, or part of it, afterall, we're all in this together and a bit of politeness doesn't hurt and doesn't take much effort either.

I am more than confident that you will be more than welcome anytime in our server to see how we've implemented your mission

Thank you, and while we could have been sneaky and used parts of your maps and scripts without asking permission, I feel that it's a common courtesy that should be done whenever you use another persons mission, or part of it, afterall, we're all in this together and a bit of politeness doesn't hurt and doesn't take much effort either.

I am more than confident that you will be more than welcome anytime in our server to see how we've implemented your mission

I definitely appreciate your courtesy, KJAM, cheers!

If you don't have a dedicated server; this mission is available to be played on the ArmA server here:

Igor Rocks!

Tested it and got an error message on the long and close range area, when i started the range.

In my opinion there are too many players available for too less ranges. But nice for the basics smile_o.gif

Tested it and got an error message on the long and close range area, when i started the range.

In my opinion there are too many players available for too less ranges. But nice for the basics

Hey -SWAT-

Thank you for the feed back.

Do you remember what the error message said? Did it prevent the ranges from working?

I left many slots open for the sake of convenience and because some vehicles have restricted access. Also, in my mind, there's a stryker platoon on Sahrani... I told Big from ArmaHolic to classify the mission for 10-max players, even though more than 50 playable slots are available.

@DOA

Well thank you mate for the server again!