Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

ArmA Public Beta Patch 1.05.5143

Feel the love..

Just alt-tabbed to say 'kudos' to BIS on the night time lighting levels (had fun changing the days in the month).

'BooYa!' on the performance increase, have more details/distance/textures/shadows aaaannddd (drumroll please) FPS.  Well done!

I have a sneaky feeling -and several scorched airframes- that says you guys tweaked the Cobra's again.  They feel weighty, not bad at all, just don't fly away like the leaves in the wind they were in 1.05  I like it.  Just have to get used to the fact I can't dive as steep as I use to and be able to pull out.

Now for the helpful feedback.

Sound:

It seems the tank sound is a bit messed up again (will confirm with other vehicles), I was up on the airfield, and had 20 or so tanks on the other side of the drink down by Corazol. (it was wierd that I could see them that far away.. Cool!wink_o.gif  The sounds were not occluded in 3rd person in my cobra.  It is possible the camera was high enough to be clear of obstructions, but either way thay were IMHO too loud.  Sounded like they were going to climb the rise and assault the airfield.

Also, when a sound plays, it seems to step on or muffle other sounds (rifle firing steps on engine sounds on nearby vehicles).  When the sound stops playing, the other sound comes back at a higher volume than it left off at, then settles to its normal.  Sounds wierd.  (rummmble*PAFF*RUUmmmble... Wish I had a graphing tool)

I believe stereo seperation is a bit off.  Firing my rifle when I'm using freeaim to the right a bit, I can't hear it in my left ear.  Same with vehicles and other sources, but to a lesser degree.  Might be distance/angular related.

One last question to everyone: Has HDR been turned off? or so limited that it's not noticable at 16bit resolution? I have seen it in a very few orientations, but never where I'd expect it, like staring into a light at night, or into the sun in the daytime.

Downloaded the bta patch 2times, both times got an error that IFC22.dll was missing an game would'nt load. Downloaded a replacement IFC22.dll off internet an when i start game using beta icon I get the following No entry'.profilePathDefault'. ArmA must close. Any ideas or suggestions?

you are trying to launch the game from the arma.exe inside the beta folder instead from startbetapatch.bat in the main directory smile_o.gif

Downloaded the bta patch 2times, both times got an error that IFC22.dll was missing an game would'nt load. Downloaded a replacement IFC22.dll off internet an when i start game using beta icon  I get the following No entry'.profilePathDefault'. ArmA must close. Any ideas or suggestions?

Run the game through the startbetapatch.bat file, not the normal executable and a -mod tag. This should work. I was having the exact same issue.

- dRb

Also, when a sound plays, it seems to step on or muffle other sounds (rifle firing steps on engine sounds on nearby vehicles). When the sound stops playing, the other sound comes back at a higher volume than it left off at, then settles to its normal. Sounds wierd. (rummmble*PAFF*RUUmmmble... Wish I had a graphing tool)

This sounds like their high dynamic range sound solution. When a very loud sound is played, it will play at the maximum volume allowable, and other sounds will be scaled to suit the new sound level maximum. I guess it's sort of a psychoaudial sound compression scheme. What you describe is exactly what is advertised.

love the beta patch.

my game runs so much better, its like a compleat different game.

i did find a nasty bug, and i wonder if anyone else gets it.

when using a tank (T72 or M1A1) on you own(no AI), when you switch from driver to gunner or commander, or just not in the driver seat, the tank starts to move on its own. also the engine no longer turns off, and it doesnt matter what seat your in. i hope they get that sorted out befor making it an official patch.

other then that, i havent noticed anything else.

i love the view distance now, and the game runs alot smoother at these higher VD settings.. the game LOOKs the way it should now.

its something else comming down the road to Corozel with the mountains in the far distance ahead.

last night i am using almost all setting to high (only shadow is at normal), FPS still fine(even in forest i could easily go up to 40 some +AIs units etc), but i still have some random freeze when changing display and LOD problems which all texture and shads are not loaded, seems worst after flying around the island with 5000 VD, lower it back to 3800 its seems better but sometime the texture still wont load back to high, ATL+TAB still a death trap and i must close ArmA with task manager, but all in all, it still runs fairly stable, but dunno how to tweak it as smooth, i might post some spec here later when i get back from work to see if that help

basic are as fallow

E6600 standard non O/C

Asus P5B deluxe bios version later

Chaintech 8800 GTS 320MB standard non O/C

currently running on 1024x768 32bit but tested running mostly the same at a 32" LCD

2x 1 GB kingston 800 running on auto

(ran memtest already, and no problems find)

1x 160GB seagate SATA HDD

2x 80GB seagate ATA100 running on a MagicPro AT-133 Raid card (forgot what chipset it is using BTW)

what the HELL, why can't users with the sprocket version install this? That's bullshit. First we get the crappy customer care from Softwrap... and now this. Jesus christ banghead.gifpistols.gif

what the HELL, why can't users with the sprocket version install this? That's bullshit. First we get the crappy customer care from Softwrap... and now this. Jesus christ  banghead.gif  pistols.gif

read Mr.Zig post b4 you rumbling about that ok

read b4 reply damn it

what the HELL, why can't users with the sprocket version install this? That's bullshit. First we get the crappy customer care from Softwrap... and now this. Jesus christ  banghead.gif  pistols.gif

If you would read through this thread, you would find a solution.. icon_rolleyes.gif

I just did read the whole thread. Sorry i must've missed that post...

can you please point it out, or quote it here? smile_o.gif

cheers

edit: Got it. Thanks. biggrin_o.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>FOR ALL THAT ARE HAVING INSTALLATION ISSUES WITH SPROCKET VERSION!!!</span>

1: Rename ArmA.Exe to ArmA.Exe.Bak

2: Rename ArmA.locked to ArmA.exe

3: Install patch

4: Rename ArmA.exe to ArmA.locked

5 Rename ArmA.Exe.Bak to ArmA.Exe

6: Launch the beta thingie and reactivate ArmA

7: Profit

here you are

I am not sure if this beta made AI smarter, but I was testing the MFCTI mission, and a civilan drove up in a truck about 100m from my base, he got out and looked around.

LoL I decided to run to him and steal the truck but he turned around after he saw me coming and jumped back in his truck and took off. smile_o.gif

Have they fixed the TOW Missiles so you can guide them ala that wonderful mod some chap did (sorry forget his name)?

You are referring to sa8gecko (from MCAR)?

And no, the TOWs are still unguidable.

The Activation Code has already been used in a successful activation or purchase. It can not be used again. Please e-mail support@softwrap.com

now what....  confused_o.gif

send Email to softwarp to tell them that you need another activation because you install a new patch, i know its annoying and i am sure those dumbass at softwarp would say something like "plz make sure your PC is in working order" or shits like this but since BI patch would have their .exe changed and starf@#k wont give a shit to the fact that its only a patch and you are using a legal copy so its what you could do for now, meanwhile, hope BI really imporve that, and blame those clone makers s##m

I tested the new beta patch, I'm really happy to see more FPS and stabilty....

Now I get 40/55 fps in every situation.

Tnx for your work BIS.

but people are still getting LOD/Texture memory corruptions though eh? that's the #1 bug I wanted fixed sad_o.gif it's so annoying

(and do NOT tell me that has to do with system settings, I have tried every friggin setting under the sun and nothing fixes it)

Have they fixed the TOW Missiles so you can guide them ala that wonderful mod some chap did (sorry forget his name)?

You are referring to sa8gecko (from MCAR)?

And no, the TOWs are still unguidable.

Thanks for checking!

One lives in hope because at the moment they are bloody useless. confused_o.gif

Is the Player now able to holster handguns...?

AI can do it already!

No. And I am very sad about this. sad_o.gif

but people are still getting LOD/Texture memory corruptions though eh? that's the #1 bug I wanted fixed sad_o.gif it's so annoying

(and do NOT tell me that has to do with system settings, I have tried every friggin setting under the sun and nothing fixes it)

no i think its a draw back on the huge scale of the game

lets hope BI solve it one day

"goods comes to those who wait"

hope this old phrase works

Tested it with my UK hardcopy version of ArmA.

P4 D950 3.4Ghz

4GB Kingston RAM

Club3D ATI Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCIe

Soundblaster Audigy 2

Asus P5WDG2-WS

WinXP Pro 32bit SP2

all latest drivers

Pretty much all functions as advertised as far as I can tell, but one thing is noticable for me... and not in a good way. sad_o.gif

My FPS have dropped by about 10-13 FPS with this beta patch. (Didn't change around settings, just left them at what I use all the time and find acceptable. Most things set to "normal", VD set to 5000m.)

Tested it with my UK hardcopy version of ArmA.

P4 D950 3.4Ghz

4GB Kingston RAM

Club3D ATI Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCIe

Soundblaster Audigy 2

Asus P5WDG2-WS

WinXP Pro 32bit SP2

all latest drivers

Pretty much all functions as advertised as far as I can tell, but one thing is noticable for me... and not in a good way. sad_o.gif

My FPS have dropped by about 10-13 FPS with this beta patch. (Didn't change around settings, just left them at what I use all the time and find acceptable. Most things set to "normal", VD set to 5000m.)

make sure that your PC handle all those 4 GB of ram correct, there are numbers of report that XP couldnt handle 4GB of ram when ram usage came intensive, try tune down to 2 GB to see if this works, 2GB is more then enought to handle the game

I was walking through the hell, continuously blaming the HW and drivers of my new rig, but with this build 5143 ArmA runs now over HOURS! stable.

It seems that I have to send a big SORRY to the 2 HW shops COMPULAND and MIX computer, which send my GPU after GPU and took back the "old" 8800er without moaning about the broken packages. I will pay at least for the parcel costs since they were very cooperative.

I was bothering ASUS support as well as GAINWARD baggin for help.

Now I see 1.05 and 1.05+ side by side, I installed the complete 4GB RAM back as well as the FW800 card which I blamed.

1.05 crashes, 1.05+ runs like hell.

I am afraid you still misunderstand the nature of problems like this. Game running on a computer is actually very complex system, with a lot of this which may be wrong. Sometimes a small change in any part of the system can cause the system working / not working without any obvious reason.

With a game like ArmA the whole system is running near the borders of possible in many areas (address space, bus bandwidth, CPU power, GPU power). Any behaviour of the system which even slightly is out of specification can lead to seeming random instability.

The major change we did in this beta patch is we reduced virtual address space usage, which makes the whole system more forgiving to errors other system components may have in this area. While this is a useful workaround and it may be a solution for you now, this still does not mean your system is error free - once it will become stressed in this area again, it may break down again.

We know of other users experiencing problems similar to your caused by insufficient power supplies, malfunctioning motherboard chip-sets, broken hard drive DMA, overheating CPUs or GPUs - and every time it is the same story "my system is stable because it runs game XXX , YYY and ZZZ fine". The problem is because workload of ArmA is somewhat different from other games, the game is sensitive to problems in the system configuration which other games can happily live with.

I reported that I did not had any primary weapons in game, this seems te be cause by MAP_Misc.pbo addon. Just to clear things up smile_o.gif

But I do get the sound bug where only menu sounds are playing NOTHING else, but this bug varies in states; sometimes bullet impacts and shots are hearable, or only engines etc.