Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

ArmA Public Beta Patch 1.05.5143

nice patch some much needed improvements in there , i am glad to see the fanboys who beat up on every bug reporter havent hindered the progress of arma and bis still manage to give arma what it needs.

must admith tho, pls could you refrain from comments like this without prior warning "it is a betaversion and not proper tested release." . i was drinking coffee at the time i read that and nearly ruined my lcd screen. if it would have read "unlike patches 1.01 -1.05 this patch hasnt been propperly beta tested" i think i would have died on the spot from coffee on the lung.

i dont know who does your betat testing but i have a piece of advise for you, sack` em , there shite. some of the things that got thru your ealier patches have been diabolical.but i gues you already know thathence the new style of release.

inastantly noticeable major bug. mass of some objects are making tanks fly in air and spin like washing machines. i.e the jeep wreck at ne corner of rahmadi town when a moving tank colides with it , the tank goes crazy spin and becomes a flying fortress.

also do go back to 1.02 or 1.05 wichever is your previous preefernce , you have to re install the old starforce shite.not a bug , just pointing that one out.

With this patch, ArmA runs very well from what I can tell right now.

But I have a good feeling about all this.

Viewdistance fix is great and looks fantastic.

Good fps even with higher viewdistances.

Good job so far BIS Team!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

I seem to be able to turn my viewdistance setting higher with this patch. 5k now where previously I had 3k.

One thing that still bothers me is the texture loading issues. It's not that bad, but still gets a bit annoying. Seems to be better with this patch than it was before.

Also, it seems like this may have been introduced in the beta patch. When I order my squad to get out of a flying (AI) blackhawk, the blackhark will go lower so they can get out. Problem is that they jump too soon and get injured or sometimes even killed because of the height! Before this patch they seemed to disembark just fine.

I do not know if it's a bug or a feature, but when we are on a height (high moutain for instance), there is no more wind sound (well, just ear-candy).

um... IA seems to be more intelligent, just put two squads in ramadi, then exec the troopmon and have fun. I tried it 5 times and each time the squads takes different actions

Final result: USA 3-2 OPFOR :P

It was also incredible when i placed two bmps going to the center of the town in ramadhi, first one were destroyed after he killed two guys, then the rest of the squad moves surrounding the town, two of them goes to the south and one to the north, then they destroyed the bmp2 from his back. Was amazing... nice job BIS notworthy.gif

so.. this ISN'T compatible with the sprocket version? What about the English sprocket version?

That sucks royally.. these glitches are piling up to the point where I can't even play for more than 10 minutes at a time without rebooting (i don't know why, other games continue to work fine, including Oblivion at max settings).. and that's with ArmA on low/very low detail... what on earth reason could there be for it not to work?

Well, I'm going to try it when I get home, and see for myself unless somebody can confirm this :\

First time I started the beta;

No primary weapons sad_o.gif

I'm gonna start it the second time but had this ones more with a 6thSenseMod update was fixed though and happened to everyone what now does not seems to be the case

So far beta is much faster even after enhancing my view settings. I notice this difference especially in the town scenes in the openning animation. The cobra seems much easier to handle now aswell.

to these who keeps saying that 1.00 to 1.05 weren't tested etc :

i was hired or volunteer tester for more than 4 dozen titles in past 10 years that includes titles prior release prior so called "public open beta"  ...

and trust me even after release there was STILL present huge list (in small title 1 - 5 thousands in complex titles tens thousands, some MMos over 100k) of known bugs ...

this is same for titles done by huge rich dev studio or just small indie group in "garage"

reason why that happen are "deadlines set by publishers" , "cash issues" (fundings goes too low so sales are only way how donate patches) or simple "burned out dev team" ($ from sales fix that too) ...

ih this light i can only understood complains about "game breaking" major bugs ...

another important factor is what happens after release -

with ArmA

> so far "new content, features, fixes and improvements"

i seen nothing wrong with that ... and You ?

in short please stop whining in way "omg i paid for alpha/beta version" ...

noone forced You to buy this game and You got enough time to return it for refund (i can't speak about sprocket) ..

hell i know that some bugs are VERY iritating, i'm plagued by some myself but best way how get them solved > post on bug tracker or report directly via email to BIS)

my 2 cents ... and keep this polite and to subject (beta patch)

i get the following message diretly after starting with the patch enabled:

"Error compiling vertex shader VSTerrain".

I've installed on Vista 64 bit and tried to start also on Windows XP. I'll now try to install again on XP, maybe it is/was a UAC problem on vista.

System is GF 7900 GTX, MSI Neo8 mainboard on Vista and XP

update Just deleted the folder and reinstalled on XP but no luck, error still persists huh.gif

I think poor players use bugs to vent their frustration at. Bugs happen, they aren't a big deal. This is a sim. Fun time. A hobby. If some small bugs [that will most likely be fixed] bother you in the context of a large, complex, well made sim - spend some more time outside.

You're going out of your way to waste your time and and make this less enjoyable for the whole community. Report bugs once. They'll probably be fixed. Don't split hairs. thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]noone forced You to buy this game and You got enough time to return it for refund (i can't speak about sprocket)

thats the last time i will fucking read that shite , i am out of here , hae fun every one

i dont waist my life to listen to bullshit or be part of some absolute pathetic statement like that.

Deanos out..

Quote[/b] ]noone forced You to buy this game and You got enough time to return it for refund (i can't speak about sprocket)

thats the last time i will fucking read that shite , i am out of here , hae fun every one

i dont waist my life to listen to bullshit or be part of some absolute pathetic statement like that.

Deanos out..

Deanos is feeling sensitive today...

to these who keeps saying that 1.00 to 1.05 weren't tested etc :

i was hired or volunteer tester for more than 4 dozen titles in past 10 years that includes titles prior release prior so called "public open beta"  ...

and trust me even after release there was STILL present huge list (in small title 1 - 5 thousands in complex titles tens thousands, some MMos over 100k) of known bugs ...

this is same for titles done by huge rich dev studio or just small indie group in "garage"

reason why that happen are "deadlines set by publishers" , "cash issues" (fundings goes too low so sales are only way how donate patches) or simple "burned out dev team" ($ from sales fix that too) ...

ih this light i can only understood complains about "game breaking" major bugs ...

another important factor is what happens after release -

with ArmA

> so far "new content, features, fixes and improvements"

i seen nothing wrong with that ... and You ?

in short please stop whining in way "omg i paid for alpha/beta version" ...

noone forced You to buy this game and You got enough time to return it for refund (i can't speak about sprocket) ..

hell i know that some bugs are VERY iritating, i'm plagued by some myself but best way how get them solved > post on bug tracker or report directly via email to BIS)

my 2 cents ... and keep this polite and to subject (beta patch)

i think you could save that Dwarden

these ppl are just too clever that they think everybody else is dumbass, just dont really need to give a damn with it

still DL ing with a crap slow speed..........damn i hate this kind of waiting

hi im back again. So it seems you CAN still use the collective while holding down the ALT key. But i still dont fancy the auto-centering.

Anyways an old problem came back again and that is the texture/lod issue. On my PC what happens is that the game hangs for about 5 seconds and then BOOM.. everything is in weird offset-ed textures and fields of bushes appear and reappear and soldiers look like camels. But this has happened much lesser than the original 1.05 patch. i can now play the game for about 3 - 4 hrs before this bug appears. But just noting that the issue is still there.

btw is it just me or does everything look more contrasty now?

Deanos out..

+1 WL and 48h PR for swearing, name calling etc.

Use the time to cool down.

I've been having some fun with the boats, nice one smile_o.gif .

An important thing.. a.i. changes are not in the patch log but so far their uber sniping capacities seem toned? I'll have to test them real well.

btw is it just me or does everything look more contrasty now?

Well I had an odd feeling that something had changed in the graphics, I don't know what it is. Maybe the green ground (grass is disabled) looked better when looking from a distance, I think it was somehow smoother or softer than previously. But I might be just imagining.

Performance might have been improved. I have to play more and try better settings to confirm this.

after a couple of small tests it seems as this patch gave ArmA a kick in the ass performance wise...

must hav added atleast 10fps for me

and looks a little better, though i cant put my finger on exactly WHAT looks better....

havnt tested the boats yet though.... maybe tomorrow

Can 8800 owners confirm if the "fog" bug was removed. Not the view distance past 3400 meters. It appears that has been solved. But the bug specifically affecting the 8800's. I've been contemplating an upgrade, but have not done so because of the haze / fog issue as it relates to that specific card.

LeeHOswald, you have an 8800 right? Can you put your VD up to 5000 and see all the way now?

My installer first off tells me it doesn't recognise my distribution and gives me a list to select mine from (Which is actually german morphicon download patched up to 1.05).

If I choose Deutsche Online Version, the patch installs a Beta folder, I click the new Arma icon and get the error:

This application has failed to start because IFC22.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

If I then delete the beta folder and reinstall using the Sprocket option, I am given a locked beta ArmA icon that asks me to "activate my product".

Fuck that shit. Really don't need hassel like when trying to test a public beta. Anyone else having similar problems?

The performance is good with this Patch.

The performance of AI chopper gunners and pilots is noticeably better, also the Minibird attacks infantry with FFAR and gun, what they didn`t do before. smile_o.gif

But relatively often the choppers crash, because of the stunts that the choppers do to get an aim on the target. huh.gif

They crash into each other, or crash into ground and obstacles.

Not working with sprocket version...

Nice Catch 22 : I want to install the patch but it keeps telling me that Arma Public Beta Patch is not installed...

crazy_o.gif

fun... somehow...

Can 8800 owners confirm if the "fog" bug was removed.  Not the view distance past 3400 meters.  It appears that has been solved.  But the bug specifically affecting the 8800's.  I've been contemplating an upgrade, but have not done so because of the haze / fog issue as it relates to that specific card.

LeeHOswald, you have an 8800 right? Can you put your VD up to 5000 and see all the way now?

yes it is biggrin_o.gif