Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

ArmA Public Beta Patch 1.05.5143

It says the choppers will engage targets now. I was hoping this would fix the AH-6 problem that exists, mainly it doesn't engage anything. Guess what, it doesn't do jack shit. Just flies over the enemy tank/infantry being a target itself.

banghead.gif

US release is near - we need to hurry to run public beta test!!!! yohoooo yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

But anyway thx - still better than nothing...

It's amusing that no matter what BIS does, someone always has to bitch about it. They release a beta patch that has lots of cool features, and inevitably you have someone make snide comments about it. Wonderful.

The lamest thing about comments like that is that they think it's incredibly clever and hilarious when in reality it's just pointless, semi literate bashing that's not impressing anyone. Basically you could just replace posts like that with random keyboard mashing and it would be just as insightful.

US release is near - we need to hurry to run public beta test!!!! yohoooo yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

But anyway thx - still better than nothing...

It's amusing that no matter what BIS does, someone always has to bitch about it. They release a beta patch that has lots of cool features, and inevitably you have someone make snide comments about it. Wonderful.

Relax D, people have been complaining about everything for as long as human beeings have been around, it's a part of human nature.

Besides, the guys name is "ubernoober" icon_rolleyes.gif

On topic:

Been playing for some while now and I'm loving the viewdistance, seems like there's improvement on performance.

Will try and report bugs as they pop up. smile_o.gif

Ok tried a third time and still get:

1.05.5143 PUBLIC BETA VERSION is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.

This is after you try to open the setup file.

Could a Mod please confirm that this Beta is not compatable with Sprocket versions so I can stop downloading and start weeping tounge2.gif

It's NOT compatable with Sprocket version.

I've had 2 CTD's with the beta patch and some wierd occasional graphical bugs! crazy_o.gif

Got 1.05, retail UK version etc..

This thread could actually be usefull if it was used to post feedback on the beta patch.

Quote[/b] ]Seriously if i hear this paid for betatesting thing one more time i get spasmic reactions...

I said ALPHA-testing, in capital to serve you :-)

What reaction would that trigger?

boecko created the related build in the BTS the related version so now you can test/re-test and register new bugs with that build or hopefully verify that some old bugs are gone.

Please make a short "add note" if you tested a certain issue and state if/how you tested and if the result was positive or negative.

That is the best help for BI, fast feedback which issues are really solved in the field.

i still think the sole reason dev's release public beta's is to laugh at the ensuing arguements. -- hell, i would.

Did some test with view distance and graphic settings as well as the effects on performance. View distance can now be scaled very well, you see the fog disappear as you pull the slider up. Though i wont set it any higher than 2500m, cause i'm an infantry player. even 1200 is enough for me. Performance of course decreases a bit when setting higher view distance, but as mentioned, it can be scaled quite well. Tried to go down with other settings to have a higher vd, but only setting shaders from high to normal was effective. Visual difference is not that drastic, but gave me 4-5 fps. Post Process performance killer seems to be fixed, though i leave it off. Still takes some frames ( 1-3), but no longer divides the fps count.

Overall, very nice patch. Keep up the good work BIS, good luck for the final patch!  thumbs-up.gif

I'm currently at work. Can anyone tell me if the playerlist when you hit "P" on an MP game is actually visible now? The player names are insanely light pink/green with the white backround and is impossible to: A. See how many players are in the game. B. To see the player name without actually highlighting their name.

The installer asked me if I want to update public beta version to version 1.05?

crazy_o.gif

Well I hit "Yes" of course!

Jokes aside. I have no problem to test a beta patch, if someone has a problem then don't touch it it's as simple as that.

Overall another nice patch. Can't wait for the final 1.07 version (What happened to 1.06 then?).

But I really beg of you to include a server-config option to turn off "Auto-Slot-Selection"(The process of the server automatically putting you into a slot when you join). This may be all fun and charming for your DM types , but for organized gaming this is just a major PITA.

I would be very grateful.

it has been said a million times but what forces you to buy the first release.

Why not wait for a finalized product and buy it then to not be a beta tester?

Seriously if i hear this paid for betatesting thing one more time i get spasmic reactions...

Maybe some of us belives that a product IS finalized when it is released!?

And what do YOU consider to be the the "final release"?? Version 1.07? 1.15? 4.67? What?? How would anyone know when to buy anything with that kind of argument?

Kind of stupid remarks in my eyes.

Just a heads up for those with the German downloaded version. You will once again have to activate to play this beta. So I can't test it because I've run out of activation tries. Seriously don't buy this version its such a hassle. icon_rolleyes.gif

Hello

Just a heads up for those with the German downloaded version.  You will once again have to activate to play this beta. So I can't test it because I've run out of activation tries. Seriously don't buy this version its such a hassle.

I have the German download version and had no problems patching nor was any activation required.

<s>On the other hand, I'm experiencing serious texture-loading issues with this beta build (P4 3.2 GHz, 3 GiG RAM, 7600GT AGP).</s>

[edit]

Fixed, had done something wrong, though I don't know what.

Great patch thanks! Performance is boosted, nice!

the sound dissapearing hasnt yet been fixed .

the vertical view centering sucks.

ah6 fired rocket,not m134

uh60 didnt fire ffar

ka50 didnt attack infantry.

av8 gbu doesnt do anything.

that and a lot of other stuff. but good to see progress

I can once again run ArmA with everything on 'very high' now. Thinks alot BIS! smile_o.gif Have not encountered anything strange, but I only tested it for 15 minutes.

Hi all

Just been testing a bit on both laptop and desktop.

2 minor intermittent bugs spotted

On the Desktop, I had no sound at one point in MP turning EAX off solved it. I could turn EAX back on afterwards and EAX sound was working again.

Also saw a copter with none spinning main rotor. It happened once while it was landing but disappeared quickly and I have not seen it repeated but it may have been LOD related as I trebled my view distance.

I suspect these bugs may be caused by beta client on a standard 1.05 server or a wild MP bug. I have not been able to repeat them in SP.

Major improvements to FPS, View distance, and graphic improvements! yay.gif I managed to treble view distance on my desktop and still get a higher FPS crazy_o.gif but biggrin_o.gifyay.gif

Smoke and flame look less cartoony.

HDR seems improved even on my laptop less or even no LOD problems going into houses, pupil dilation seems more correctly adjusted.

Over all a major improvement.

Kind Regards walker

overall this beta runs very nice...

so now i can hope for fixes related to audio ...

- soundwave modeling (i really not need hear helicopter starting at 3km distant airfield behind 3 hills)

- more than 16/16 simultaneous sounds played

- more than 16/16 simultaneous sounds played

I agree, that limit needs to be increased to at least 32. Maybe limit it to 16 for onboard soundcards, but for the rest of us I think 32 or even 64.

I too am having trouble installing this patch. It's telling me that my version is corrupt or not installed.

I guess the CZ Sprocket version is not compatable with the new Beta patch............. banghead.gifcrazy_o.gifhelp.gif