Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Medieval II: Kingdoms

http://www.totalwar.com/index.h....4

Quote[/b] ]·    Four new, epic campaigns – The Americas, Britannia, The Crusades, and The Teutonic Wars.

·    23 playable factions including Aztec and Native Americans.

·    Over 150 new units, including the devastating Greek Firethrower

·    Control multiple armies in battle – command reinforcement armies.

·    New hero characters with powerful new battlefield abilities

·    A huge array of historical characters and events.

·    Build permanent forts to garrison troops or seize control of key strategic points

·    New technology trees influenced by Religion and Prestige

·    New Mission types

·    6 New Multiplayer scenarios and 20 new Custom Battle maps

·    Compatible with the new Hotseat multiplayer mode

They plan on releasing in Autumn '07.

Guest Ti0n3r

I bet the whole game is a 1st of April joke tounge2.gif

i'm not sure that this is a 1st April joke. since i got my Total War newsletter about this at 30/03/07 2 days ago

It's real they anounced several days ago. Personally I will not by the expansion pack unless they finally release a 1.2 patch that makes the original game work finally.

I have not played Medieval Total War II since November as it is litterally the buggiest game I have ever played in my life. Troops attacking up a hill get the advantage as the troops up hill swing over their heads, shields subtract from total defence value instead of adding to it , diplomacy doesn't exist and finally axe men and bill men don't attack cavalry do to a missing animation. How painfully obvious stuff like that got through testing unnoticed is beyond me, it's like they hired mod beta testers from our OFP community. The game looks purdy though and that's all that matters these days.

Its sad because Medival Total War (the first one) is still one of my top 5 favorite games of all time. This game has a lot of potential but if they do not fix the game I will not shell out more money for an expansion pack.

Did anyone else see the part about being able to play the campaign in multiplayer?!?

It's just 1 vs 1 hotseat on a single computer, but at least that's something, considering how long this series has been out. I certainly hope they mean two human players + a bunch of AI factions.

The other thing I seem to recall seeing was something about numerous multiplayer maps.  Hopefully there's at least one with a (very) low number of territories.  That way you can actually finish the 1 vs 1 hotseat game with your buddy.

Imagine playing the regular game map with all gazillion territories in multiplayer ... you'd never finish! tounge2.gif

Hopefully Lithuania will be included. Someone needs to keep those warmongering Poles occupied while I unite central Europe under the fleur de lis! notworthy.gif

"New hero characters with powerful new battlefield abilities"

considering they already have a traits system and character development this sounds a bit odd to me and makes me thinks of some click fest of an rts. All the game breaking bugs Sputnik Monroe mentioned are an open secret on the games forums and its sad to read the upcomming patch feture list and not see fixes for things like the uphill bug mad_o.gif

sounds awsome. Im playing the RegionsMod at the moment becuase i wasnt saitsfied with the amount of provinces. The british isles campaign will be fun.

Apparently Patch v1.2 has been leaked and works quite well if you patch the 1.0 versin of the game with it but has problems patching from 1.1 to 1.2. Many bugs (shields, AI, billmen) are said to have been fixed and it works quite nicely.

I'm trying to find a download link but no luck so far...

Quote[/b] ]Hopefully Lithuania will be included. Someone needs to keep those warmongering Poles occupied while I unite central Europe under the fleur de lis!

Here's a detailed list of the campaigns and factions:

Quote[/b] ]Americas Campaign

7 playable factions – Spain, The Aztecs, Mayans, Apachean Tribes, Chichimeca, Tlaxcalans and Tarascans.

The Americas…a land of mystery, great riches and exploration, but wrought with treacherous terrain and terrifying inhabitants. Cortes arrives in 1519 with a small, elite force of conquistadors and must rely on his motherland of Spain for the reinforcements and supplies that will help him survive and explore these new lands. Earn the support of Spain to help you explore the mystery and riches of the New World, or take control of the Aztec or Native American factions and call on the Gods and your vast armies to see off this new threat.

Britannia Campaign

5 Playable Factions – England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Norway.

The year is 1258 and England has emerged as a superpower, with a firm grip on the provinces of the British Isles. However, as the English, your forces are spread thinly with the threat of rebellion looming large. Wales and Ireland are poised, ready to rise up and exploit the exposed English provinces. The Scots meanwhile, are squeezed between England’s expansion to the North and the growing Viking presence that threatens their shores. These five kingdoms are set to battle for supremacy in a fast-paced, war strewn campaign that delivers huge battles for high stakes.

Crusades Campaign

5 Playable factions – Kingdom of Jerusalem, Principality of Antioch, Egypt, Turks, Byzantium.

Recreate the epic Crusades in the Holy Land, leading the Crusade States to reclaim Christendom or the defenders of Islam to drive out the infidels. It’s 1174 and the Kingdom of Jerusalem and Principality of the Antioch are united in their struggle for the Holy Land against Egypt, the Turks and Byzantium.

Teutonic Campaign

6 Playable factions – Teutonic Order, Lithuania, Denmark, Novgorod, Poland and the Holy Roman Empire.

In 1250, Northern Europe is locked in a bitter struggle between Paganism and Christianity, once ordained as a Crusade, it is now an unholy slaughter by the dreaded Teutonic order. Take up the black cross and carve out a new empire in the North. Construct mighty fortresses, train powerful Knights to destroy all that lies in your path, or adopt the cause of the Pagan factions and seek to withstand the vengeance of the Order, inspired by your powerful Gods.

So yea Lithuania is in.