Sign in to follow this  
Thariir

Realistic and serious gameplay tips please.

Hi.

This game is really superb in many ways. There still is some issues on the multiplayer gameplay and i hope that you people that have played this game the longest can spend some tips and recomendations in helping us combine a list of " This is what you must have " to ensure your gameplay.

When i play online i search for this

1: Mature serious players that dont shoot friendly targets or running around trying to shoot at their own feet.

2: Players that dont steal trucks or choppers they cant handle just to get to another place in the shortest time possible.

3: Good servers with little to no lag and no worthless cheats ( Sadly they will be made )

4: People that can accept that you have a life outside the game and dont yell at you for not spending 10 hours of training ingame every day.

5: Realistic gameplay.

I relly dont want to sit myself in a chopper just to get crashed 50 meters later and die. I dont want to have my squadleader running around shooting at the teammates feet or any of that.

I would gladly chat with an admin and discuss gameplay to get a password to such servers so i can finaly play the game as it should be played.

What i look for other then that would be something to help you choose servers to play on with more choices of filtering and such. I found something before in a thread but i cant get any luck with my search now im sad to say. Other then that i love eyecandy mods and any tip you can give to make this game any better then it is now.

Its simple for or your answers mate!

Join a dedicated clan etc,then you will get to play with like minded ppl! smile_o.gif

sorry another Plug!

as well as various other dedicated co-op clans out there?

Not all clans expect soo much dedicated time! smile_o.gif

Thank you. * You will probably recieve a mail *

Is there any mod or addon that makes the "choose server" screen abit more userfriendly or how you call it. I saw a screenshot from some addon that had alot more choises and a better overview about connection speeds...nr of players... language spoken and such.

You might want to look into the guys over at Tactical Gamer, they're a good bunch that go for enjoyable, serious gameplay in a variety of games - ArmA included. I recommend them - the only server I play BF2's Project Reality mod on is theirs, and I hope to see their ArmA servers become even more popular in the future so that we can do joint ops with them.

Or try 6thsense.eu if you are from Europe. Not a squad, but coop comunity where you will find all you are looking for.

What CK Said. And also there are a few web based browsers that show you whose playing on what server, the latest is

ArmA Monitor

But of course there is also the ArmA Launcher which can show what you ask, not sure about Q-Tracker but I believe that does the same aswell.

Anyhoo good luck smile_o.gif

Thank you so much. Atlast a game with nice people that can give real answers!

I must agree with Thariir with his wish list of players to play with. I just got myself a decent (nowhere near good or great connection. Yet.) net conn'. Playing OFP since 02 and now finally doing multiplayer with ArmA. Pings could be better, but, playing with anyone is better than the AI, untill I joined a game the other night where some of the players had "RM 40*" in their user names. WTF? Then watching them play. It can be done! I felt like I was playing Fulll Spec Warior! But it was OFP engine! (Sorry, I'm a bit old. Besides for the lean and scripts, its the same game but dressed up. Still love it though wink_o.gif.) Best damm multiplayer experience I've had so far. Like with Thariirs' wish list, where is the team/ unit espit de corp and not the "Commando" attitude that prevails in a random game that a punter may join. Just hope I hear back from them! If you enjoy this game and want to work with others playing it, try your best and find them! Whats it going to cost you? Bit of time and a few megs for a game that was good (no matter how cool the SP mission you built in the editor is) to be a game that, well practicaly, draws you in and is fantastic to play. Hope I come across those 40 coy lads soon, untill then, happy hunting yall. pistols.gif

You can play on Passworded Servers wink_o.gif

I never understand why "Public Server" Players always think they have to "join some clan" to get access to "passworded" servers smile_o.gif

In our case, at 6thSense.eu, all you gotto do is make a small introduction post, you will be verified and you can read the password...  Not joining a clan, not having to go through tests and trainings... Just a simple small 'bump' to get access and ur there.

We're probably not alone, so if you don't enjoy playing at our servers, i'm sure there's many many others smile_o.gif