Sign in to follow this  
panzergrenadier3

Panavia Tornado

I think he meant that you've mis-labelled the pictures. The picture labelled "High drag" shows Snakeyes with airbrakes undeployed and the picture labelled "low drag" shows Snakeyes with airbrakes deployed. Should be the other way around, no?

No, lowdrag is with deployed brakes. Because.... if you are in low level flight and drop the bombs (low drag) the brakes have to be deployed that the bombs fall slower. So you have enough time to get far away enough with your plane to don'T take damage. If the brakes aren't deployed in low level flights, the bomb falls in normal speed, hit the ground and explodes. But you are not far away enough and get damage on your plane from your own bomb.

Lol, I understand the low and high drag concept.

High drag = higher drag => airbrakes deployed (air brakes cause drag, slowing the fall of the bomb leaving the aircraft more time to get out of the blast, allowing it to drop from a lower altitude)

Low drag = lower drag => airbrakes undeployed (the bomb is just like a normal iron bomb. It has the same ballistic pattern. It flies at almost the same speed as the aircraft which dropped it and therefore the aircraft has to drop it from a higher altitude to escape the blast)

The picture which you labelled "high drag" depicts a Snakeye being dropped with air brake undeployed = low drag

The picture which you labelled "low drag" depicts the Snakeye being dropped with the air brake deployed = high drag

Low altitude = low drag = deployed brakes

high altitude = high drag = undeployed brakes

No, the high- and low-drags are right. In low-flights you have to use the low drag bomb (with opened "wings" that works like airbrake) that you're not hiting your own plane. If the bomb falls in normal speed, you'll take damage on your airplane in low-level-flights. Take a look here .

Well Panzer, I took a look and how I read it, it's pretty clear the fins pop out for increased drag, just what you need at low level. Of course, you can always release the package as a beta and wait for the posts to flood in telling you how you got it wrong, or you can accept that Shashman and I are right, and we we're only trying to save you the embarrasment. confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The cluster bombs cannot be changed by me. I'm not able to make a new model (can only modify existing ones). But I think for the Tornado the priority is to have the cluster bomb effect, not a 100% perfect realistic bomb. If there is someone out who will do the right cluster bomb, I'll add these off course.

I might look into this smile_o.gif

Now the saudi arabian pilot is finished. Has needed some more time because I was searching for the solution of a problem with headgear was visible in vehicles. Was an old, knowen solution but was hide deep in my head.

Pilot 1

Pilot 2

At the moment I try to implement the "sound barrier brake effect" from the F/A-18 from Hudson & PennyWise. Hope this will work.

Edit:

sound barrier brake effect doesn't work. Resulting of my unknowlegde of scripting. Is there anybody out there who can help me on that?

Edit2:

It works now. Tried it again.  yay.gifPicture

You really should use the old BKM pilot with the oxygen mask for your the base of your pilot....they look ALOT better then a retexture of the BIS pilot.  I believe originally the pilot was released with their SU-27.

My mod uses that pilot as the base for our mod's pilots.

Here is a pic of one of our Egyptian pilots:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/LoBoEgyptMig21_1.jpg

Just a suggestion.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Good that the drag issue got solved... yeah drag is the resisting force, like friction (well, it is friction, partially). Lower the drag, less power to more speed.

Looking good... eeeh lost count, how many variants will there be? And are they "switchable" (weapons loadout scripts)?

Ah and about the 30000 ft... I think the game "stops" somewhere between 7 and 8 km flying-wise.

@Miles Teg: Yes, this one is very nice! Going to search for it. Who I have to contact for permission?

@BlackScorpion:

There are the following Versions now:

- A.M.I. dark grey

- A.M.I. desert

- A.M.I. ADV grey (one with tiger paint)

- german MFG (new, camo)

- german green (two with tiger paints)

- german grey (one with tiger paint)

- german WTD61

- RAF light grey

- RAF dark grey

- RAF two tone grey

- RAF snow

- RAF desert pink

- RAF ADV

- saudi arabian

There devinitive will follow:

- saudi arabian ADV

Maybe will follow:

- an other german tiger skin

- RAF black

- RAF ADV with black rudder

- RAF ADV with red rudder

ADV variants will all have one weaponary. All the others will come with multiple weaponarys. Differences in nations off course. But this is not made by scripts like ACES. Sorry, but this is far beyond my horizon.

The Tornados colorchanger has made will be remade too, to exclude the weapons from PBO and add new features and weapons:

- A.M.I. (green-grey camo)

- RAF (green-grey camo)

- MFG (grey-white)

Following weapons are done:

- Mauser (from original)

- AIM9 (from original)

- Skyflash (from original)

- Kormoran (from original)

- AS30 (from original)

- Brimstone (from original)

- Seaeagle (from original)

- JP233 Bombletlauncher (from original)

- MW1 Bombletlauncher (from original)

- Flare (from original)

- Mk82 (from original with changes)

- GBU24 (from original with changes)

- Mk84 (new)

- KEPD Taurus (new)

- WE177 (new)

- CBU52 (new) (hopefully soon as BL755?!?)

- HARM (new)

Planed are the following:

- Stormshadow

- ALARM

Weapons now all excluded from the planes PBOs and placed in an own PBO. Most scripts also in this PBO.

What's missing? Aaah,... "what's to do List":

- finnishing the weapons and implement to all Tornados

- implement to "sound-barrier-brake-effect" to all Tornados

- implement canopy glas from RAF Tornados to german and italian ones.

- implement cockpit form the RAF Tornado to italian Tornados

- add some missing texture parts to all Tornados

- making new pilots smile_o.gif

- make the afterburner shining in the dark (bugfixing)

- update the readme

- upload to rapidshare

Not so much. But Most time of my freetime is for my wife and my kids. Hopefully I can release it on my birthday.

Last day of july. But I can promise that I'm ready then. But I do everything I can to be ready then.

Edit: Sorry has to be "can't promise" not "can promise".

Now I have sighted the following pilots:

Vectorbosons Pilot (from LoBo2)

Rezins Pilot

FischKopps Pilot (from FFUR)

Every pilot looks good. But I think I have to make a new one from all this three. FischKopps Pilots have the best suit. Vectorbosons Pilot has the best oxy mask for Tornado helmets and Rezins japan Pilot has the best helm for the Tornado (with a little change). It will not be so much work, but I don't know if I can get every permission to change. Going to try it.

Edit:

Here's the pilot that maybe going to be the tornado pilot:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Sorry, no progress atm because of real live stuff. You can look at my homepage (see my signature) to see when the work goes on. I hope I can return to work as soon as possible. Eurofighter is not planed. But there is a very good from Hardrock.

Ok, I was able to do some jobs on the Tornados wich needed some time in my holidays. But I'm not able to release it tomorow. Final release will still take much more time, but I hope I can do a pre-release soon. So it is possible to correct not seen bugs on the final release.

cya

Well i'm waiting to get those Tornados finally in the air and fly some low-level supersonic ground attacks and reconnaissance flights. wink_o.gif

Is it possible sweep wings (25, 45 and 67 degrees) when flying?

No that is not possible because you cannot move the wings and all the things under them (weapons etc.) together. Take a look at colorchangers last Tornado (the british one), there you can see what "my" Tornado can do or not. Again: It is only a re-work from those Tornados... some new textures, new weapons and implemented soundbarrier brake effect. Nothing more.

First release will have all the new textures and the soundbarrier brake effect. On this you all can take a look, hopefully finding no bugs wink_o.gif

Second release will have the additional weapons like ALARM, WL177 etc. (and some last texture corrections) whistle.gif

Ok guys, bad news.... In the next weeks I'll have a move to another house and after that I'm returning to my job. So there will be very less time to work on the Tornados. They will not be stopped, but it will take much longer than I was thinking.

To make the waiting time easier, I'm going to make a pre-release. The Tornados are not finished, there are still some bugfixings (textures, cfg, weapons etc.) and additions (weapons) to do.

Stay tuned....