Sign in to follow this  
panzergrenadier3

Panavia Tornado

@-=FW=-Platty:

Green grey Tornado? Do you mean this one? Than it will be included like all Tornados Colorchanger has done (adding new weapons etc.).

And where is the difference between my MFG Tornado an this one?

I was thinking of a saudi Tornado and have asked for the need of it in this thread. Now I got an answer, thanks! I can make it, but I need some help for the saudi markings. I think there is a need for this plane, because saudi arabia is the only country wich uses this plane apart from the building countrys (GB, I, D).

@CENKCNK: No, there'll be no missions and no campaign. But I have to look for beta-testers in a later phase. Maybe there'll be a guy (or girl) who can do missions or promo video or something like that. You can get this planes when I have released it. Should not take to much time, but can't say exactly when because of real live.

@-=FW=-Platty:

Green grey Tornado? Do you mean this one? Than it will be included like all Tornados Colorchanger has done (adding new weapons etc.).

And where is the difference between my MFG Tornado an this one?

I was thinking of a saudi Tornado and have asked for the need of it in this thread. Now I got an answer, thanks! I can make it, but I need some help for the saudi markings. I think there is a need for this plane, because saudi arabia is the only country wich uses this plane apart from the building countrys (GB, I, D).

@CENKCNK: No, there'll be no missions and no campaign. But I have to look for beta-testers in a later phase. Maybe there'll be a guy (or girl) who can do missions or promo video or something like that. You can get this planes when I have released it. Should not take to much time, but can't say exactly when because of real live.

Panzergrenadier3, thanks for the link to the 'original' Tornado, I couldn't find it on any sites I usually use. Not downloadable though.

There is no difference with the MFG Tornado you showed, it's just 1 of 2 possible patterns you could have chosen to make. But as you're finding out, anyone who's interested wants to see there personal favourite, and those are always different confused_o.gif

I now found this though, that shows Colourchanger already produced this version: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=3614

RSAF Markings comprise a roundel, appearing in the same positions as RAF aircraft: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....rce.svg

- A National Flag, mid-way up both sides of the vertical fin: http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/sa.html

- The last 3 numbers of the aircraft serial number in Arabic over European numbers, above the generator exhaust ducts in the vertical fin;

- "ROYAL SAUDI AIR FORCE", again in Arabic with English below, beneath the canopies toward the bottom of airframe, both sides;

- "RSAF" at outer end of wings, opposing the wing with the roundel, top and bottom.

Unfortunately the RSAF variant is probably the least photographed of all the Tornado operator countries, but their insignia shouldn't be that dificult to re-produce. Besides, I wouldn't worry about it being 100% accurate, OFP isn't a flight sim, and it's not like you're going to make us pay for this is it? biggrin_o.gif

@-=FW=-Platty: Thank you for the saudi markings. If all needed things on the Tornados are done, I'll start the saudi one. Maybe it's a thing for the second release.

For the MFG Tornado there are 3 possibilities:

1. MFG1 Patch

2. MFG2 Patch old

3. MFG2 Patch new

Wich one should be on wich MFG Tornado?

Next special print is ready. This time from the JaBoG 32.

Markings for the saudi arabian Tornados are ready. Now I only have to create the body skin for IDS Version. Saudi ADV skin is the same like UK light grey. Hope I can post some screens after the weekend (if nothing is going the wrong way this weekend).

The older patch should appear on the 'old' camouflage (grey/white), and logically, the new patch on the grey/grey/green variants.

Looking forward to the screenies thumbs-up.gif

I always felt this was one of the best looking planes for OFP. Would be great to get an update. thumbs-up.gif

looking impressive smile_o.gif

WTD 61 Tornado from Manching.

Have forgotten to change the cockpits from the A.M.I. Tornados to the newer one form the other ones. That's will take some time (hope just a few days).  confused_o.gif

Are there some suggestions wich weapon can be added? Atm there are the following one:

Mauser Gun  wink_o.gif

Sidewinder

Skyflash

HARM

MK82

LGBU

CBU

Kormoran

AS30

Seaeagle

Brimstone

JP233 Bombletlauncher

MW1 Bombletlauncher

Flare  wink_o.gif

Planed are the following:

Alarm

JSOW (edited to StormShadow)

KEPD 350 Taurus

Any other wishes?

Awesome work Pzrgdr.!

I'm very impressed thumbs-up.gif

The WE.177 free fall nuclear bomb was carried by the Tornado, a 100-450kt tactical nuke. Would be interesting.

Yes, this are the answers I'm waiting for biggrin_o.gif . Will see what I can do. Maybe I can implement the explosion from the existing B61. Thanks alot for this great idea! notworthy.gif

What about some British 500 & 1000 lb GP bombs, and BL-755 Clusterbombs for the RAF/RSAF Tornado? And could we get some Snakeye/AIR low level delivery bombs for all?

Oh and don't forget the ASRAM and Meteor. Sidewinder and Skyflash replacements respectively.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Oh and don't forget the ASRAM and Meteor. Sidewinder and Skyflash replacements respectively.

Tornado will not be fitted with Meteor.

Mk82 Snakeeye LD are there. I've decided to take the low drag variation, I like that more than HD. BUT: There is no difference in firing the weapon, only the other model for the released bomb.

For now I use this cluster - bombs . These are not in final position and count.

ASRAAMs would not be implemented but maybe AMRAAMs. Meteor would also not be a weapon of my tornados but maybe IRIS-T. Maybe because there are some weapons like that. The only difference are the name for OFP. Sorry, but don't want to make this addon to much complex. That's the reason why I want to make the 1000lb bombs but not the 500lb.

What's about a napalm bomb and Maverick? I don't know if napalm could be used with the Tornado but Mavericks can be mounted for sure on the Tornados. Ok, no country using this, but it is possible.

P.S: The Mk82 will be changed. They will be as HD and LD on the Tornados.

This is shaping up to be an awesome release!

Great work mate thumbs-up.gif

One minor niggle I have is the comparison between the weapon textures and your retextured Tornado. The weapons' textures look too bright compared to the Tornado's texture

That's a thing, that can be changed in a few minutes. But thanks, I didn't have noticed that.

Some new pictures:

KEPD Taurus 1

KEPD Taurus 2

Build as anti ship weapon. But it is funny to attack bigger tank groups  pistols.gif   rofl.gif

edit:

WE.177 is ready. Now all bombs are that brightness wink_o.gif . Here are some pictures from the nuke:

nuke 1

nuke 2

nuke 3

nuke 4

Used are the nuke scripts form Xenom & Indy. Good night!

AHA! biggrin_o.gif

That's awesome pistols.gif

What sort of range can targets be engaged from, with the Taurus?

This form the cfgAmmo of the Taurus:

minRange=3200; minRangeProbab=0.3;

midRange=7400; midRangeProbab=0.9;

maxRange=12000; maxRangeProbab=0.5;

I don't know if this is realistic, but I think it's ok for a taurus in OFP. Or are there better ideas?

Now only left:

- ALARM

- Stormshadow

- Position correction of the Mk84

- Some basic corrections on the Tornados itself

- Maybe a few new skins for german and british Tornados.

This gets better smile_o.gif

Although, the CBU's you've shown are CBU-58s I think. BL755's are quite different. Here are 2 shots of a Tornado carrying them in Wings Over Europe:

Clusters 1

Clusters 2

And the pics of the hi-drag and lo-drag snake-eye deliveries are reversed - the hi-drag picture is described as lo-drag, and vice-versa.

Still a great job though, Panzer.

Taurus & Stormshadow can be dropped from ~30 miles/45KM, but range is dependent on altitude. I think Panzer's ranges are sensible given the size of maps in OFP, and that we're unlikely to ever need to get to 30,000 feet biggrin_o.gif

No, the high- and low-drags are right. In low-flights you have to use the low drag bomb (with opened "wings" that works like airbrake) that you're not hiting your own plane. If the bomb falls in normal speed, you'll take damage on your airplane in low-level-flights. Take a look here .

The cluster bombs cannot be changed by me. I'm not able to make a new model (can only modify existing ones). But I think for the Tornado the priority is to have the cluster bomb effect, not a 100% perfect realistic bomb. If there is someone out who will do the right cluster bomb, I'll add these off course.