Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V1.0 Large scale respawn coop

Killjoy hate to say it but the WaterPatrol mission bug is back in 1.4e again.

I know alot of players that love the -1 pen. and time-out for 60sec. for team-killing.

After all this is an Co-op and not and deathmatch. We have on our server in NZ, players getting into Littlebirds with-in 30minutes of joining the game. You just have to remember there are other ways of getting points up fast than assualting town.

Keep up the good work Killjoy, don't let the negitive post get you down. All us realistic players lover your mission.

Dragofire

I would like to see added, players getting points for repairing/refueling or rearming vechicles.

Thanks for such a great mission.

I was playing on 1.4d a few nights ago. The one with MH-6 Respawn.

Seems like they dont respawn at all.... back at base, at least.

1.4e has been running fine for about 11 hours now.

Apart from the boat patrol mission, no problems.... apart from that it's difficult to find abandoned birds that are still ok.

Could we get a marker for any bird that has not been occupied for 15 minutes or something like that?

//Control biggrin_o.gif

Could we get a marker for any bird that has not been occupied for 15 minutes or something like that?

yeah its planned that if a chopper has no fuel, or is left abandoned for along time a marker will appear, currently its only if it was destroyed and respawned half damaged for repair. also a marker saying it is repaired once it is repaired.

Ill check out he boats again.

Lo killjoy, i got the 3 weather scripts, 3 markers rainy, rainy2 and so on and i still cant get it to work :S

oh and the 3 triggers.

Where is my pistol again KilJoy? Ill continue to ask untill you put the fecking weapon at start..

BUG:

Last error message in our game, you were there.

I know people who were playing the same mission for 14 hours!

Yes, the mission started at 12:00 PM and stoped by "crashing" 14h later.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Unexpected message data (message struct NetworkMessageUpdateHelicopter, item pilotGear)

Before (0x0000014e): 00 00 48 42 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3a 8e c3 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 01

Current (0x0000016e): 9e

Creating debriefing

Its a bug with an helicopter that made us crash this night after 14 hours.

dunno if this helps ya. confused_o.gif

Suggestion: Keep penalizing when dieing but the banana ring phone is buggy and stupid, especially when we dont have points and die in a mission by mistake of other team lad.

Matt I made a tutorial on dynamic weather you can read about it here.

Dynamic Weather Demo

bravo 6 thats interesting because my client log showed no error. So you broke it, no pistol for you pistols.gif . nener.gif

Were you near a chopper or interacting with one at the time?

I really need to see the server log..

About the banana thing, There was a version of V1.4e out for a small time that would allow you to have a negitive score if you died while your score was less then 2. ses has the wrong version for now. and should redownload. If any server ops experiance a crash of the server I would appreciate it if they post the last few lines of there arma_server.rpt.

@ April 23 2007,02:46)]

bravo 6 thats interesting because my client log showed no error. So you broke it, no pistol for you pistols.gif . nener.gif

Were you near a chopper or interacting with one at the time?

I really need to see the server log..

About the banana thing, There was a version of V1.4e out for a small time that would allow you to have a negitive score if you died while your score was less then 2. ses has the wrong version for now. and should redownload. If any server ops experiance a crash of the server I would appreciate it if they post the last few lines of there arma_server.rpt.

God damnit! <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>i want my pistol!!!</span> ARF =^^=

anyway.. an enemy chopper just passed trough me moments earlier the "crash". I was near the town BASBETE on the IF33 Hill.. I had just killed a hole squad on that hill and i was aiming a strange sniper hiding in a bush in that same hill, i noticed very well that when i fired to hes face the image just frozen.. after few secounds i lost seccion and puff server crashed.

I did not interact with any chopper.

Did i crashed the server by killing a sniper? and destroying a 14h mission? nener.gif

Hey Exodus, sorry for dropping out, but I got a blue screen of death, and I had to head off for the night. Sorry bud.

In 1.4e:

If I "captured" an enemy unit (Shilka, BRDM, BMP2, etc) by getting it's men to jump out and killing them - I can "keep" the unit by repairing it.

Ok, that's normal..

But if the unit is then driven by me, and "killed", it seems it can't ever be accessed again. IE, I can't re-repair it to a useable state. Intentional?

(PS, very happy you made the MH6 optional. Kudos.)

One additional very minor thing that we saw yesterday:

If the enemy has abandoned a vehicle say a BMP-2 and someone enters and then leave it, If someone else then destroys the empty BMP, they get punished for killing a friendly vehicle.

Like said, very minor.....

//Control

One additional very minor thing that we saw yesterday:

If the enemy has abandoned a vehicle say a BMP-2 and someone enters and then leave it, If someone else then destroys the empty BMP, they get punished for killing a friendly vehicle.

Like said, very minor.....

//Control

I can confirm this bug also. Another player and I attacked a T-72 and knocked out its tracks. After we killed the crew that jumped out, I jumped in it and used the turret to take out a nearby BMP. I exited, and the other player finished off the T-72, but got negative points for destroying the "friendly" T-72 (which apparantly "became" friendly after I jumped into it).

I noticed some requested that a player get points for repairing and refueling vehicles. Would it be possible to add the ability for a 5t truck to tow a disabled vehicle back to base or a FARP and have the player(s) receive points for doing so?

Could you make it possible to respawn in the captured towns? It's not funny to travel hours to the next target and then ending up dying and need to do it again. sad_o.gif

Could you make it possible to respawn in the captured towns? It's not funny to travel hours to the next target and then ending up dying and need to do it again. sad_o.gif

i disagree!!

in solution to your problem, you only have to do one thing...

Don'T Die!

Is this bug or soldiers are like zombies they just respawn all the time, so taking town is endless :s

I just blew up a ural, and it nearly took out my Humvee too and as i got in my humvee it blew up, when i spaned i got a 60 second penilty for a minus 1 score, once the pelenty was over i died and it started again another 60 seconds and then it happened again and i couldnt move or even press ESC.. and it was just a contunues pelenty.. i had to Alt-F4 ArmA lol

about repairing vehicles ...

RTS-4 got nice feature to hitch vehicles (trucks, hmmwv) by helicopters ...

could be useful addition to Evolution so u can lift damaged ones and transport to repair loc

also ... what about instead "static" FARPs adding mission to build FARP (static or predefined locs or completely dynamic)

that way it please support players wink_o.gif

ps.. my wish smile_o.gif>) bump in player numbers to 64 and nr of . towns and enemy bases to cap

about repairing vehicles ...

RTS-4 got nice feature to hitch vehicles (trucks, hmmwv) by helicopters ...

where can I find that?

Thanks

KJ i wonder what's cause of these periodical desyncs (like each 3-5 mins) ... AI updates on server?

I just played a session where all player experienced something weird with the time-cycle.

It just continuasly shifted through day and night randomly. Like every 40 seconds it would be day for about 5 seconds, then night again.

This happend for all players connected.