Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V1.0 Large scale respawn coop

This is an excellent idea. It was very enjoyable. I will upload 1.2 to the [CTU] UK Fun Server!

We need more like this (like a well thought out Team V Team CTI)

Just wondering if we can have the option to change the start time of day/whether etc? Or can we already, maybe I'm just being stupid.

Outstanding work KilJoy [sFG] on an excellent Coop notworthy.gif

I have not been playing that long multi but this is kind of how i envisioned Armed Assualt to be. What i like:

Teamwork is required

Map navigation is required

A sense of the unknown every time you enter an occupied city

The AI are bloody challenging

Using the whole map. Only now do i realise wat sterling work BIS did there so much detail thumbs-up.gif

After roughly 8 hours play i am still learning

Only1 thing is frustrating...Base teamkilling when there is no message saying who killed who sad_o.gif

I find version 1.2 lags alot more and crashes the SES server than Version 1.1, adding more stuff to 1.1 was a bad idea in my eyes, the dynamic weather is a big lag issue moving icons all over the map is alot of processing for a server with 30 players on it.

My 2p worth  wink_o.gif

Kiljoy,

a "Data Storage software" has now been released. If I got it right it lets you save stuff in files:

Quote[/b] ]2. This allows a mod maker, mission creator, server admin to store data outside of Armed Assault in a live manner. All file access is limited to the main Arma folder where the server or arma was executed. At first I limited it to a special folder but I removed that by request to the main folder as to modify the MPMissions folder.

If it's true couldn't that be useful for you?

Check out the news at http://www.armaholic.com/ (2nd from top).

would love to use something like this if it works

Thanks for this excellent mission. The guys at TacticalGamer have been hosting private and public server games essentially 24/7 since we got version 1.0.

A couple of wishlist items:

1. Potentially using the "data storage" to allow saving of user scores outside of a single mission.. (I know this is unlikely, but would be cool to allow scores to last over a week allowing some players with less time to invest to play with a rank)

2. Move the ACOG to rank 0.. right now guys are just begging others to drop them this gun.

3. Remove fog and extend view distance.. this may be performance hurting so I would understand if not possible.

I have had a look in the logs and found a pretty heavy bug. no doubt causing a lot of problems. There will be an emergency style up date soonish. But the good thing is its found.

About data storage of player accounts over long periods of time, as long as it can save and read data to and from variabils in the game it should be possibil. My last project was an RPG stats over months thing for GTA SA online. It got pretty bitchy over levels , are you all sure you want to go down that route? Would you wait months to have the privilige to sit in an m1a1? or a cobra? how about 2 weeks before you can hold a m16 with a scope? Interesting concept an army rpg, cant say I know any games like it.

What would be nice is if we could affect stats like health endurance aiming accuracy, but as soon as a player posses an ai all skill levels are raised to maximum hence you are always an expert in the briefing. pity

Id be interested to hear peoples ideas on acceptabil upgrades for units for each rank in a realistic mode, such as sniper starts with Private:m16 acog Corp:m24 Sarg:spr Lutenent:m107. Or keep 107 for colonel level? Seems the score to rank up for each class would have to be different or the pilots / crew are going to own the map.

Shiner: in the next version you can set your own view distance and terrain detail (grass) localy. Seeming its coop this is acceptabil I think.

KICK ASS beste coopmission ever

But AI is very stong , a bit toooo strong , i move 10 minutes to battlefield and than 1 shoot from far and im dead very frustrating

and 1 question

When i want choise a mission i can see only Numbers and not what the Mission are , so how i know it bevore i confirm to take mission

and next question/bug

i was landing with my helicopter near a house and my AI soldier was in house but he cant move out(only in the house,maybe a shitty bug)

so he was useless for me , is there a way when im back in base to kill him or choice respawn a new one?? i try it but doesnt work :-(

is there a description about the points i get ?? how many points a need for to get AI soldier and fromm what i get how much points?

Ohhhhh Kilroy.......

I forgot something I found.  huh.gif

After looking at your artwork (de-PBO'd file), I saw that you use invisible H's, I'm guessing for side mission locations/spawning.

Well it backfired on me yesterday. I had a bot coming to pick myself and my squad up South of Cayo. I ordered him to land, and he made a beeline for the invisible H in Tiberia, and crashed the BH and killed himself in a tiny courtyard between some buildings.

The BH was in a spot where even if you could get a repair and fuel truck to it, you'd never get it out.

FYI.

@ April 12 2007,21:42)]I have had a look in the logs and found a pretty heavy bug. no doubt causing a lot of problems. There will be an emergency style up date soonish. But the good thing is its found.

About data storage of player accounts over long periods of time, as long as it can save and read data to and from variabils in the game it should be possibil. My last project was an RPG stats over months thing for GTA SA online. It got pretty bitchy over levels , are you all sure you want to go down that route? Would you wait months to have the privilige to sit in an m1a1? or a cobra? how about 2 weeks before you can hold a m16 with a scope? Interesting concept an army rpg, cant say I know any games like it.

What would be nice is if we could affect stats like health endurance aiming accuracy, but as soon as a player posses an ai all skill levels are raised to maximum hence you are always an expert in the briefing. pity

Id be interested to hear peoples ideas on acceptabil upgrades for units for each rank in a realistic mode, such as sniper starts with Private:m16 acog Corp:m24 Sarg:spr Lutenent:m107. Or keep 107 for colonel level? Seems the score to rank up for each class would have to be different or the pilots / crew are going to  own the map.

Shiner: in the next version you can set your own view distance and terrain detail (grass) localy. Seeming its coop this is acceptabil I think.

Definately not IMO.

Its not really an 'RPG' map... i like to play the map because it stops noobs stealing the choppers etc and it requires teamwork and support roles to take over the objectives.

All i think we need is to increase the points required for the blackhawk transport, IMO its too low and people just fly and crash/leave them at an OBJ instead of using them for mass transport. Im glad u added respawn of the MH6's. or if u do not increase points of UH60's then could you add a long respawn to it? (10-15 mins?)

Just my two cents smile_o.gif still playing ur great map dude.

p.s. I would support your RPG style play in another map, a much larger, longer map with more complex objectives (dynamic/random maybe?) and i think that would be quite popular.. lot of work though... but i read somewhere the map only took u 8 hours to make :O so u could breeze through something like that lol. If it was a long term map then datastorage + long term RPG elements could be really good.

I'd like to see the Vulcan and maybe a couple of the Stryker's have like a 30 minute respawn time or something... cause while I know that "working to repair everything" is part of the whole mission, it can get old after 4-5 cities in.

the dynamic weather is a big lag issue moving icons all over the map is alot of processing for a server with 30 players on it.

Must agree with Junker, the dynamic weather is really an asthetics item, that the mission could do without. IF it meant that pilots couldn't fly through the rain then possibly a good idea to keep them on their toes, but from experience it simply reduces visability.

I'd vote to drop the weather system and get some random placement scripts running, I could almost plot the location of every shilka on the map and the direction their facing!

A little more action from the SLA would be nice, patrols, road blocks, infantry camps were you might find some fancy SLA weapons and supply convoys you can ambush and use.

The respawning MH6s do seem to work, like others I was a little worried about the balance of the game, but it keeps the pace of the mission going for longer.

The weapons tied to class and ranks would be nice, but again you will have to balance it. I'd keep private as it is and only start to branch out classes from corp so everyone regardless of points or rank has the basic arsenal requirements to start and finish.

There is one thing that is disappointing, the dictator in pita, he just stands in the middle of the park on his own. would be nice to have him hidden in one of the buildings surrounded by spec op, make a real challanging final assault out of it. (a few more points for the kill would be nice aswell)

Possible Bug, I had a flash of rambo to the smoke stack, planted my C4 set the timer and got shot, 30 seconds later I was back at base, it blew but I got no points? confused_o.gif fair play if thats on purpose, I sure wont be ramboing again.

Completed 1.2 this morning on the OGN Australia COOP Server with a small group... took 534 mins..

Noticed that you don't get any points for transporting people any more?

Also the mission where you have to contact the informant for info on the terrorists had an error... got a giant error code on the screen when I selected it an the informant was located 14km south east of the airbase floating in the water way past Ramahdi.

Oddly, I wasn't getting points for killing tanks in the Missile harrier, and when I was gunner in the Cobra the pilot (who was squad leader) was getting all the points. When we swapped roles he still got all the points for kills.

Can't think of anything else right now... don't you dare remove that roving rain/fog.

I would LOVE to see a version of this mission that restricts weapons/vehicles depending on the role you take from the start...

ie.. Spec Ops get all the cool weapons by moving up ranks but can't pilot aircraft or drive anything armed

crew don't get the real cool weapons but can drive/gun armed vehicles.. better vehicles depending on rank

pilots get hardly any weapons but can pilot aircraft...

AI should try retake (e.g. para drops from copters) some cities ...

or reinforcements same way (more often)

there should be some boat patrols around Corazol and Dolores

more enemy helicopters ... two Kamovs hunting our vehicles ? smile_o.gif

some arty on hills around Corazol (more bonus missions)

more patrols around cities ...

Version 1.3 is out and you can download it from the first post. Some nice things added but its mostly to correct a very cpu consuming bug.

Splendid thanks, now I just need to last longer than 2 minutes per contact, not easy playing it on your own wink_o.gif

Kiljoy i love your work, i was wondering can u look at implementing as an option the spawn at squad leader script that Squeeze and myself have put together. Its fully tested and works for spawning at your selected squad leader in and out of vehicles. I think as an option it would be a great addition to the gameplay and promote joining a squad and keeping your squad together, similar to BF2.

The release version can be found here

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=61199

had a blackhawk crash into the hangers.........chain reaction of everything exploding looked cool.......never ended.

I do have another suggestion.

We play this map often with a few friends and since we are most married men with little time we would love to have a serverside variable.

Would it be possible to give joining members a starting rank which is determined by the server ? Of course only if they still haven't got a rank yet.

I know it could mean that heavy weapons would be available right from the start, but it would be nice if serveradmins would have that choice themselves.

If it's not much work: yes please smile_o.gif

Monk.

@MonkWarrior

If you know scripting well enough, you could just unPBO the file and try to mess around with the files to optimize it a bit. Probably not easy, and not advisable if you'd be playing on a public server, but for your own private group of friends I don't see why it couldn't be possible. smile_o.gif

Since score is the variable used to determine rank, to make it easy you could probably just pop something in the onPlayerConnected.sqs (or equivalent) which addScore-s the appropriate amount.

Good luck at any rate wink_o.gif

(you might want to ask permission from the mission maker first though, but as I said, for private use I don't see any trouble with it!wink_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

Hi KilJoy,

Thanks for the continued support of this mission, been awesome fun the past week. Just one request which I assume has been asked, is it possible to give the medic points each time someone heals at him? Bit unfair that the medic gets smaller inventory and chases people around yet doesnt get points for it.