Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V1.0 Large scale respawn coop

i still am not sure if its me or not but, I kept getting CTDs occassionally, with the in server save its fine buta buddie and I both were having the issue with this mission.

both while trying to do the very first mission, could just be us, but the problem is I've played for 13 hours straighht and never a crash... I will keep working to make sure its nothing on my end, but i just wanted to get it out there.

d3dsh33p seems i have had the same experiance. at the moment im looking for the problem. Its a client crash so the server stays up which is a good thing. I think it might be happining when the last player in an uncleared city zone (black marker) dies.

If thats the case i think i know whats causing it. When you say it happins trying to do a mission. Where are you and what is happining specificly. Is it when you die? Is it the moment you select the mission? please be specific it really helps to spot the pattern.

1212PDMCDMPPM yes as i have said for now at least there needs to be more respawning humvee. next version

I like the idea of ai making you some points. Personaly i send them off on to do my missions for me biggrin_o.gif then i get the completion points. but a better system would be to somhow get some of there points. meny times ive thought of all the scores i lost cause i let the AT guy go rambo on that bmp.

But after 200 points it didnt bother me at all.

Also ive mentioned before you cant save things to files in arma by script so you cant permenently save a users rank or score. banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think it might be happining when the last player in an uncleared city zone (black marker) dies.

I'm pretty sure it happened to me yesterday.

Easy solution: don't die !! tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]I like the idea of ai making you some points. Personaly i send them off on to do my missions for me biggrin_o.gif then i get the completion points. but a better system would be to somhow get some of there points. meny times ive thought of all the scores i lost cause i let the AT guy go rambo on that bmp.

That's exactly the situation that made we think "oh, my AT guy is costing me some score!".

It's really sad you can't save the state of a server.

ok now that i know you guys are having some of the same issues

it happened to both me and a buddy riding in the same humvee, first we selected the very first mission from hq, then we both proceeded to get into the humvee that privates get to use, from there we went to just about in front of the barracks at airport and i crashed first, he then proceeded to get out of the humvee and laugh at how i was driving not knowing i crashed.

he watched the humvee drive in circles mabey twice then he CTD'd

Tbh I cant remember if anyone else was in the server at the same time at that point tho

New version released link is in the first post.

I strongly recommend upgrading for more stability.

oh man, thanks, this is definately our favorite coop mission updating now. I wont be able to test for a little while tho...

ok got some bugs and here the scenario...

been playin for 2 hours... i alt tabbed out for too long at one point so arma was running a bit funny, restart the game, same mission, same soldier and i cant get into the helis, so i say ok and get into a humvee...

we all pile in the humvee and get to the never ending ambush mission we had already destroyed (must have been something to do with me leaving during it as squad leader) and the damn humvee is locked after we all exit the vehicle lolol... so we all killed each other

the end..

seems things get locked , and i think it had something to do with my leaving and coming back in mid mission or something.

1 strange thing we found. 1 of our players was flying around in a little bird that had been repaired.

For him it was fine, for us it still looked burned out with no sound and when he got into it he disapeared biggrin_o.gif He was flying around in the ultimate stealth machine.

I shot it with my m16 and it changed back into a regular chopper again.

I think this happened with another unit later.

Also, the hut where u join a team was invisible when I joined the game but my team mates could see it. 1 of them destroyed it then it reappeared for all of us, I still had the option to join a team tho.

Minor points, the mission is very nice smile_o.gif

Really nice Mission.

Maybe you can think of a Public-Safer: Degrade Privates if they have negative score to something without weapons, so they can only gain points by transporting to get weapons again ?

happened me yesterday twice ... i disco and reconnect and my rank/points are gone ....

normally server remembers it ...

glitch ?

i have played armed assault off and on since it's release, since i first got to play this evolution mission i have now been hooked. i absolutely love this mission and it brings life to the game. this mission alone beats the entire campaign ten fold! please make more of these.

Ran into a new bug yesterday.

I take a side mission with 2 human players as my squad. I get an instant mission success message, the two guys in my squad get the points...I get nothing and some guy NOT in my squad gets promoted for completing the mission! crazy_o.gif

Next mission went w/o a hitch..

Then, I leave for awhile and reenter. Rank and points are all good.  Another guy forms a squad with AI and gets like foor or five instant mission success (selects mission and it gives Objective completed in about 3 or 4 seconds) and I got promoted everytime and wasn't in the squad!

Was cool though  yay.gif

I got the Cobra and pretty much single handedly cleared Cayo and Delores...In Spite of that freakin Fog  icon_rolleyes.gif

Still love it though  firefoxlover.gif

Nixer6

Quote[/b] ]I take a side mission with 2 human players as my squad. I get an instant mission success message
Quote[/b] ]and I got promoted everytime and wasn't in the squad!

-Both these issues should be fixed in version 1.1. Were you playing that version?

=Grip=

Quote[/b] ] i absolutely love this mission
-Thanks biggrin_o.gif

Dwarden

Quote[/b] ]happened me yesterday twice ... i disco and reconnect and my rank/points are gone ....
- I am aware that there is an occasional problem with the server recording a players score for now. Looking into a soulotion.

Schwab

Quote[/b] ] Maybe you can think of a Public-Safer: Degrade Privates if they have negative score to something without weapons
- There is a form of negitive score punnishment in the mission. I like the sound of your idea but would be difficult to code, you would have to prevent them picking up weapons and getting in gunner in vehicles.

december

Quote[/b] ] 1 strange thing we found. 1 of our players was flying around in a little bird that had been repaired.
-Its an arma dedicated server bug. When you shoot it the update in dammage resyncs it to all clients near it. One shot is enough and not at the glass or tail rotor please biggrin_o.gif
Quote[/b] ] Also, the hut where u join a team was invisible when I joined the game but my team mates could see it. 1 of them destroyed it then it reappeared for all of us, I still had the option to join a team tho.
-Even if its destroyed it should still work. There is however a bug that If the leader of the group you want to join is in a vehicle they wont apper on the list they have to be on foot.

d3dsh33p

Quote[/b] ] never ending ambush mission we had already destroyed
-If your leader and reconnect mid mission the mission you are on is failed. But you can select a new mission. Waypoints will reflect this in future.

d3dsh33p

Quote[/b] ]

seems things get locked

-The only vehicles that are locked on the map are the opfor mission vehicles. I noticed that if no menu comes up for the vehicle I want to enter if i wait a short time it will apper eventually. seems to me to be an arma bug in general as i get it on a lot of maps.

vehicles abadoned for more than 15 minutes (damaged and left somewhere on field) should be respawned on airbase ...

or at least MH-6

Great mission ,but is it or will it be possible to leave squad ,and be leader again?

I remember, me and my teammate were injured in the middle of nowhere, he killed me and all of a sudden both of us got ranked up (we hadn't gotten any or many kills at that point)

vehicles abadoned for more than 15 minutes (damaged and left somewhere on field) should be respawned on airbase ...

or at least MH-6

this guy was telling me that when the vehicles blew up they were respawnin in the same spot they crashed...

It would help tremendously later on in the mission for the vehicles to be at the base (people tend to get a bit bored waiting on others or ai to fix / fetch these vehicles

or at least MH-6

this guy was telling me that when the vehicles blew up they were respawnin in the same spot they crashed...

It would help tremendously later on in the mission for the vehicles to be at the base (people tend to get a bit bored waiting on others or ai to fix / fetch these vehicles

No thats a good thing.. makes it so people should be such noobs and crash and if they want to fly again they have to go and repair and refuel there chopper where it crashed.. Respawning Vehicles back at base gets borining its in all teh coops..

your prolly right, but you have to remember this mission can easily run 24 hours, some people just wont chase some other guys (who prolly had to leave for w/e reason) 4 hour old broken shit down...

on that thought tho, mabey make it so the vehicles respawn if the player who was driving it leaves, or is that too much?

Hi Kiljoy.

I was playing 1.0 when the bogus mission success thingie happened. Sorry about that.

Any possibility of an earlier start than 0700? More like the crack of dawn. 0530 or thereabouts??? We need more daylight to finish. At least I do, as the NVG's in Arma for helos are.ermmmm.less than optimum.

I'm a daylight kinda guy...at least for Arma currently. help.gif

Any Idea on when the next version will be released??