Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V1.0 Large scale respawn coop

Evolution IceEdit-5 now has players spawning with LAWS and m9's as well as a satchel.

enjoy or dont.

169th_Ice, pimp your mission in your own thread.

I was gonna add my two cents here, but I think Hoz covered it.

Except for the fact it's not HIS mission. crazy_o.gif

Bloody nice mission KilJoy, good quality. thumbs-up.gif

@ May 22 2007,00:02)]GranQ Yes there is a difference between the 1.07 harrier and the 1.05 harriers bomb ammo name. Causing an error in all evolution versions when reloading gbu bomber in beta 1.07 on the airstrip. I think I may have an alternative and simpler solution but if i cant get it to work i will use the get from config method for the very reasons you mentioned for the compatible to 1.07 release of evo.

I think the 1.07beta fix file fixes this problem.

I'd like to suggest something to make the high-value equipment wasted less often:

1. "Train-up" station where you have to sit in a chair for 3-10 minutes before being allowed in high-value vehicles (AH-1, M1A1, AV-8B). Every time you die/ lose the vehicle you'd have to train up again. To someone who's going to live a long time and take care of a AH-1 for example this is only a minor inconvenience. But to someone who's crashed their 6th helo in an hour this will be unbearable.

Maybe even have an actual film running, reading material, or interactive quiz :P

2. Spawn times based on:

A: How long it's been since your last death.

B: How expensive the vehicle was you died in.

Also a "vehicle magazine rearm station" would be very very nice.

Roll up in a depleted Mk19 HMMWV and choose "Add 100 rnd M2 magazine" would be really nice, especially if it let us load up 1000 rounds on the gun before leaving on a long mission.

Does anyone know if there are organised or non-public servers in Australia running this mod? (and if so, could you point me in the right direction?)

It is incredible fun when played with like minded people, but unfortunately everyone wants to do their own thing in public servers sad_o.gif

Thanks for your time.

I'd like to suggest something to make the high-value equipment wasted less often:

1. "Train-up" station where you have to sit in a chair for 3-10 minutes before being allowed in high-value vehicles (AH-1, M1A1, AV-8B). Every time you die/ lose the vehicle you'd have to train up again. To someone who's going to live a long time and take care of a AH-1 for example this is only a minor inconvenience. But to someone who's crashed their 6th helo in an hour this will be unbearable.

Maybe even have an actual film running, reading material, or interactive quiz :P

2. Spawn times based on:

A: How long it's been since your last death.

B: How expensive the vehicle was you died in.

Nice idea.

Also I think a very loud Radar Warning Receiver BEEPING LIKE CRAZY whenever you fly near the edge of hostile (i.e. Shilka dominated) airspace would save a lot of helicopters....

What u r asking for is simply a esier way to

use the matrls..

Learn HOW to fly with map/kompas/gps

and be CAREFUL. Not going a round

acting like RAMBO the XII...

One more thing to considder, try to

comunicate more. Its a COOP is it not??

@KilJoy

The "HARD" setting that looses the compas, gps and

map in vehicles. That IS NOT realistic..Sorry

The fact that you cant see markers moving is

ok. Unless someone is marking the map with

intel about E movements.

use the matrls..

No, I am asking for a short cut to prevent noobs from trashing valuable choppers before they finally realise what the red no-fly zone on the map is for.

It doesnt matter how careful a pilot I am if a bunch of ARMA virgins have trashed our entire fleet.

Noticed a few problems with 1.5f test version this morning Kiljoy. Didnt know where else to tell you so posting here.

1. No Humvees or Civilian vehicles respawning. (not sure about support trucks)

2. Picked a Destroy 10 mission, went to waypoint and was a convoy mission. When convoy moved Destroy Armour waypoint moved with convoy. Somone else not in my squad also had same waypoint at same convoy. When convoy destroyed both got 10 points.

3. Picked 24 hour MH-6 Respawn option and time flew as if it was on 1 hr day option. Picked this as 500 respawn option had the humvee respawning problem and wanted to see if it was a problem with just that parameter or with mission. Humvees not respawning on this parameter either.

However the server load seems to have improved from 2 or 3 fps to 7 or 8 fps which is what the improvements you have made was intending to do.

use the matrls..

No, I am asking for a short cut to prevent noobs from trashing valuable choppers before they finally realise what the red no-fly zone on the map is for.

It doesnt matter how careful a pilot I am if a bunch of ARMA virgins have trashed our entire fleet.

That is why im constantly asking for the ability

to LOCK vehicles.

That would prevent the"noobs, virgins" not

to !!STEAL or CRASHING!! the fleet.

use the matrls..

to LOCK vehicles.

Maybe lock a vehicle away from base but not in the base. This can be exploited by someone to deny them from everyone.

use the matrls..

to LOCK vehicles.

locking vehicles wouldn't prevent a newbie from getting in one before you do, locking it, then trashing it. it would just prevent them from getting an a vehicle which you are already in control of.

@ 169th_Ice: Just because you can steal doesn't mean you should.

As I said before thieves are masters at justifying their actions so they can continue to do what they want: steal.

Did you use to play SWAT3 Slippery?

kiljoy, you never commented on my suggestion a couple of pages up and i'd like to hear your opinion about it:

Quote[/b] ]i would really like to see the revive script in evolution, that would make for a much much improved teamplay.

(...)

however, i understand that leaving the ability to revive only to medics makes them much too important for gameplay. so here are my suggestions:

let everyone revive each other, but ...

a) give medics a higher score for successfully reviving others

b) let soldiers who have been revived by a non-medic spawn in a wounded state (but able to walk)

c) let the killed player (who is in waiting/spectating mode) decide if to respawn at base or not after a given timeout (say 1 minute)

thx

kiljoy, you never commented on my suggestion a couple of pages up and i'd like to hear your opinion about it:
Quote[/b] ]i would really like to see the revive script in evolution, that would make for a much much improved teamplay.

(...)

however, i understand that leaving the ability to revive only to medics makes them much too important for gameplay. so here are my suggestions:

let everyone revive each other, but ...

a) give medics a higher score for successfully reviving others

b) let soldiers who have been revived by a non-medic spawn in a wounded state (but able to walk)

c) let the killed player (who is in waiting/spectating mode) decide if to respawn at base or not after a given timeout (say 1 minute)

thx

How long are you willing to wait for somone to come and revive you? 5min, 10min, 30min an hour??

How long are you willing to wait for somone to come and revive you? 5min, 10min, 30min an hour??

as i said, i think a 1 minute penalty would be ok for me, but that could be left configurable to the admin. in the end it isn't really that important and could be even left out completely (it's just a figure to adjust the fear of death for an additional kick). everyone should decide for himself whether it's worth to wait or to respawn back at base.

however, for an improved teamplay the respawn timer could be made global and at fixed intervalls, so that dead soldiers can respawn in groups.

dunno, its just an idea but i like it.

I like this too.

I think its seriously whort consideration.

I recommended this about 30 pgs ago and nobody really liked the idea. I do like the option to respawn back at base if noone is able to revive you or have the dead respawn back at base after a certain timelimit automatically. It would certainly stop newbies crying about how long a drive or chopter ride it is to the far towns.

Respawning with your current weapon loadout would be nice also.

Great mission Kiljoy!!

No one has the right to say "Do Not Edit MY MISSION" Period.

If The developers wanted missions to be locked they would have made security features. Even then they would know full well people would edit them anyway.

The community as a whole should not support this pirating - If none of the community sites offer this "edited" edition for download, the most downloads that could be expected at his freewebs site will be his 4 friends

If none of the community sites offer this "edited" edition for download, the most downloads that could be expected at his freewebs site will be his 4 friends

Yes, of course mod and map thieves don't have websites of their own to host from and they don't know how to post links in forums (sarcasm).

About revive. Being an ex joint opps player I understand the attraction to revive. Ill try a few things out and let you all know how it goes. Im still on the fence about personal vehicles and the ability to lock them and the impact it might have on balance.

Please KilJoy...I have played numerous games

and the "Stealing" is horrible...PPL just take what

they can and try to get away. Even if there is

someone inside (AI)..Imagin you have loaded a

Hummer full of gear to use at a mission, couple

of AIs, and of it goes with some stupid BF rambo

behind the weel...And i tell you, it happens more

then once during a single game.

Having played your latest test versions I would like to suggest the following.

1. There needs to be more spawn points for the Destroy 10 and Ambush 10 missions. At the moment you have 3 or 4 around the same area just SW of the airport. Unfortunetely I've seen an increase in people "camping" these spawn points and killing other peoples missions. There excuse being "I have a mission near here also" I think you either need more spawn points or spread them out a bit more.

2. I would like to see no ai recruitable options on the game starting options. When I admin the server I am becoming increasingly fed up of people abusing these ai. Either by putting the ai into vehicles they cant fly or drive or as above havng 3 or 4 AT ai camping spawn points killing other peoples missions while they fly overhead in there mh-6. On top of this is the ai problem of TKing players at the airport. It would be nice just to be able to turn em off biggrin_o.gif .

I think that the 500 lives total for the entire mission is a good idea, and gives the added dimension of being able to lose the entire campaign. Saying that you do get idiots still tking and stuff.