Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

RTS-4 ArmA Released

Yes, it does support JIP.

The only JIP problem I remember from RTS is that people who have just joined are not able to get all the stuff from the ammo box, they need to create a new ammo box and then it'll be full for them.

Yup thats right, if you want to access the ammo menu and stuff you have to create a new Crate, so the script gets activated for you on that crate (and all future crates).

And JIP works fine as far as i know, i JIPed in a game last week, worked completely fine. smile_o.gif

Ok thanks. I put my server back to 108 for now as it wasnt geting used on 109. seems most people rather stick with 108 sence 109 is only beta and has few bugs

I haven't been here a while but noticed you were trying to get the latest versions. I tested the link for 1.11d in the first post and it works. Let me know if it still isn't working for you.

I took down my server for the time being since I don't play ArmA and some of my friends begged me to put the OFP server back up so they could play RTS3.

Quote[/b] ]I took down my server for the time being since I don't play ArmA and some of my friends begged me to put the OFP server back up so they could play RTS3

Never new it was back up  biggrin_o.gif RTS3 Still rocks. i got all the rts4 missions on my server now but it can be confusing for noobs how to play it.

if someone want host there is also 1.11e but most likely it's only experimental build so on your own risk ...

removed based on authors response below

tho i would like to see some big 1.09beta server running it smile_o.gif

all credits go to Kar ...

1.11e had a bit of buggy code in it so I wouldn't use it. 1.11d is virtually identical but doesn't have the bug in it.

I scripted RTS to allow for a third side to be plugged in later, but haven't made a decision if/when I'll implement it yet.

There was a 3-way RTS-3 that MrZig and Korax patched together which worked fairly well. If a side lost their base, they became rogues without a base and spawned at random locations. It was interesting...

BTW a 4-sided wouldn't work well since civilians are viewed as neutral to AI, and if you join them to another side, i.e. Resistance, then they would be friendly to that team. Also, you'll achieve rogue status from killing them. So Civ's just don't work well.

BTW I updated RTS-4 to Beta02B along with several fixes/additions. You can see those and the new download link in the first post.

Man, I just saw this. Please, please, please allow this, or tell me how to make it work. My team and I are RTS WHORES, and are dieing for a third "Guerrilla" team. Please!

I am trying to tinker with it myself and make it three sided, but I am having difficulty. I am no scripter, and all I have tried to do was copy / paste the current scripting Karrillion already has done to make it 2 player, using the same lines for the "Guer" team that exist for US / SLA.

Am I going about this the wrong way? So far, I can't stop getting the third guy from spawning in the water. I have other errors as well as I suck at this. This is my first attempt at editing any misssions, and while I can get the third party to be shown at the lobby, everything from there is downhill and moving fast.

Anybody that can help, please? My team is a bunch of RTS whores and we have been hoping this baby would crank out a third team for a long time.

Well, I fixed the errors but still can't get the game to allow a spawn able team. Game goes through the loading phase but fails to load a commander for each side. I am truly lost, any fellow RTS whores out there who can help?

Yes please can we get some games of this great mission going again - I used to love this before the bad ones came.

Hopefully 1.09 will resurrect this game.

More anticheat measures, pirates banned immediately for using pirated keys [i like having the more players due to pirates playing too, but since cheaters/griefers ABUSE this by creating a new key after being banned, then they all must go unfortunately].

so, how it's going there?

will new version of RTS have any new features?

i'd advise new option - fortress building. Only general can build it and when it's built AI soldiers are already inside with big machineguns and cannon smile_o.gif)) So, general can protect resources and general base with such things wink_o.gif

Spawnable third team? Stationary weapons? Bunkers (as noted above)? I think there is a bigger following for this than realized. Come back Karrillion!

btw has anyone tried the latest version with 1.09beta?

it's a shame nobody is playing this mission anymore. simply one of the best out there imho.

i fear that karrillion has moved on to other games/projects like so many other talented mission/mod designers... confused_o.gif

I managed to get a couple of small games going in the past week after going through all the empty servers and actually finding a very few with RTS...most players hadnt tried it before but all agreed it was a great game...however trying to get back onto those servers at more "peak" times was impossibile...yep you guessed it....2+3 man Evolution games going on...gah!!

I hate evolution why do poeple play that when this mission is way better.

I can remember games of this and it really felt like there was a full blown war going on - frontlines sabotage missions the lot all at once it really felt like a dynamic war.

I love the way you can make your own style of gameplay. If you want to create a group of spec ops you can if you feel like flying then spawn some choppers, if you have the resources its up to you how you play.

unlike the tedious ranking system of evo. I dont have time to rank up to get the good stuff.

Used to play this loads on the karrilions server with pantypixy and others before the cheaters came and ruined it.

Please Karrilion come back where are you this needs updating???

i always been interested in trying this map, but sadly no one seems to play it! I remember RTS3 from OFP days it was great fun. We need to get some people and a server going some time!

ohhh!  Karr your sig has links to all of the OFP RTS-3 addons....

Just re-installed OFP and will be loading up the mod folders now! Now I will have something worth playing!

ps  ...I miss you.   wink_o.giftounge2.gif

The GDT server has RTS IV d and have had a few good games here recently and it dont seem to be hogged by Evo players...im not sure but it may not have Evo as a mission choice.I think the GDT guys are mostly Co-op players but are good men..i remember OFP Cti games with them a few years ago.See yas there?

So how's 1.09 looking? I tried to read the thread but it's kinda long.

So how's 1.09 looking? I tried to read the thread but it's kinda long.

i had a few games on 1.09 using 1.11d and

it ran quite stable for about 2 hours. didn't see any new bugs compared to 1.08 either.

btw it's great to see you're back smile_o.gif

I second that. Stay back and keep RTS running man!

There has finally been an update on the patch status, here at

http://www.bistudio.com/develop....en.html

It looks like the reason for the long delay has been in trying to perfect the VoN [voice over network] and anticheats.

There will be another beta patch to check for anything that regresses the game/showstoppers. If there are none, then the final patch should be coming out very quickly.

ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING MENTIONED--

AI BRIDGE PATHFINDING much improved! Very important in RTS as far too often the trucks we sent out would end up in the river instead.

If Karrillion ever does come back to mod RTS for the new patch, I hope we can prevent bridges from being destroyed... it is interesting tactically but it can put quite a damper on the rest of the map until it is restarted, especially when the bridge destruction is NOT done by the enemy but by a saboteur/griefer on your own team.