Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

RTS-4 ArmA Released

I looked at several methods for keeping script-kiddies off the server, but most of them would severely reduce the number of people who would see the server in the browser, and thus the number who would play.

have you looked at Nutty's Arma DSTS (Data Storage And Transaction System)?

as i understand from the documentation it provides an access method to the player's key from within a mission script (among other useful things) .

that would offer the much requested ability to ban people with fake ID's automatically. check out this thread.

just a thought.

that would offer the much requested ability to ban people with fake ID's automatically. check out this thread.

Not really. Easy enough to just generate a new key with less digits. Not all pirate keys have 10 or more digits.

Easy enough to just generate a new key with less digits. Not all pirate keys have 10 or more digits.

where did you get that information?

I 'playtested' this game with a pirated version at first and upon finding that it was far and beyond worth it I bought my own copy.

There were servers that refused to let me in for having an invalid CD key with the pirated version, so I am pretty sure there is a way for servers to lock out pirates.

Reduces the amount of players available but also keeps the anonymous griefers away.

1.09 should have better anticheats for servers... heres hoping its at least most of what we need.

Easy enough to just generate a new key with less digits. Not all pirate keys have 10 or more digits.

The idiots over at Kentucky Fried Chicken's website talk about it all of the time.

The idiots over at Kentucky Fried Chicken's website talk about it all of the time.

Exactly. Pirate keys can be anywhere between 6 and 12 digits. I have seen a guy play online with a 9 digit ID who admitted to using a pirate copy. He eventually bought the game though.

oh well....  confused_o.gif

i wonder if the new mod signing tools are gonna be useful in order keep off those kids... i very much hope so. and i also hope server admins are gonna switch on signature verification asap.

ultimately i have to admit i have no idea how most of the hacks work in detail. for instance i heard rumours about directx hooking... if that turns out to be an easy thing to do it would mean the end of public multiplayer...

Meanwhile, Crysis MP demo is keeping me busy. - Since ArmA don't work anymore that is.

*Misses RTS* Oh well, Power Struggle in Crysis is kinda like RTS smile_o.gif

Meanwhile, Crysis MP demo is keeping me busy. - Since ArmA don't work anymore that is.

*Misses RTS* Oh well, Power Struggle in Crysis is kinda like RTS smile_o.gif

How's it run on your system compared to ArmA?

ArmA ran pretty great on my system for a massive-distance game [played WW2 Online previously where the same massive distances would be a big hit on FPS]. The only drawback in ArmA was when I'd use a sniper scope and look at some trees which would really kill the FPS.

An ArmA designer said fixing it would be more complicated than they thought [its in a thread in the general forum] so that would have to be fixed in ArmA 2 or such.

So how does Crysis run? The demos I saw looked pretty good...

Hopefully the 1.09 patch with anticheats will be out within a couple weeks... we'll see how long that takes.

In the meantime, there is an anticheat and the ability to exclude nonvalid ID keys from the server.

I played Berserk on a server for quite a while that was using DACS and didn't see any hacker/cheater problems.

DACS Anticheat thread: DACS Anticheat thread

Server update to allow banning invalid keys: Server update

I played it earlier today was great fun smile_o.gif

Got an A10, annihilated a few tanks, took out an MH6 from about 1km with the A10 machine gun thing, and destroyed an enemy factory with it too smile_o.gif

I'll be playing it again tomorrow if someones hosting it! biggrin_o.gif

yeah lets get playing this great mission again - I can remember a time when Karillions server was always full - along came the hacks and cheaters and it went. lets see if we can get a few games going again everyone.

Yeah im up for that, i just cant find any servers which run the newest version sad_o.gif

Yeah, should've installed the DACS AntiCheat on Karillions server...

Hopefully 1.09 will have effective anti-cheats that can be used right away.

I've been hoping for an RTS resurgence with the release of 1.09...

Im gonna put this mission on XR as its cool and abit like cti and was a fan of the RTS3 on ofp  tounge2.gif

I also run dacs on server but it can be bypassed so i run other stuff to detect cheat scripts and have most cheaters ip banned  biggrin_o.gif

Can somone post link to where i can download the latist missions

I see the link no longer works (from first page).

Someone will have to PM Karrillion and see if he's still checking around.

Alternatively you can go to Karillion's server and play the mission, then it should be in one of your folders, so maybe copying it to where the server folder is would work then?

***1.09 BETA HAS BEEN RELEASED*** and it looks great. Give it a try if you havent. Released December 21st (today).

Lets get a 1.09 RTS resurgence going on here!!!

Hmm Karr's bootcamp doesnt seem to exist anymore, maybe he shut it down?

Seems so. Can anyone email me the map or send it on msn? or if you know of any servers that host current map i go download it from there

Or can upload it on http://cr-ofp.dyndns.org/ when loged in

Thanks jack we prob update server toniight as its beening used for berzerk game at moment and seems alot of people didnt no about 109 being out so hopfully everyone will have it by christmas

Ok i put missions on my server and updated to 109 and when i builed buildings with mcu i couldnt get building options so though it mite of been problem with 109 patch. so then i test on 108 on my lann and has same problem. Any idears?

Oh nevermind you click on status menu then double click on building thats ready. Was confused. i except to go to building and it would say light factory options etc. noobs mite get confused

Im also testing some differnt server bandwidth settings which i increased so i hope they dont lag or i restore normal ones  tounge2.gif

Just one question. Does map support JIP? last time i played it and i joined game in progress i couldnt access any buildings. Was along time ago so must of been an old version

Yes, it does support JIP.

The only JIP problem I remember from RTS is that people who have just joined are not able to get all the stuff from the ammo box, they need to create a new ammo box and then it'll be full for them.