Sanctuary's GRAA modpack 3.0 release

snap117bb2.jpg

IMPORTANT :

To play with this mod you must have OFP Resistance patched to 1.96

You must have the official BIS camel addon available there :

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/addons/addons.html

EDIT (24 April 2007) :

IMPORTANT 2 :

Never enable the option ENABLE_DELAY_AISMOKE, it can lead into some CTD, if there is an update in the future this option (fortunately disabled by default) will be removed.

Download Mirrors (any help on this would be very appreciated) -- 63mo

-------------------------

Filefront mirror

Rapidshare mirror

OFP.info mirror thanks to ofpdeadeye

BIS 4P mirror thanks to Imutep

OFPEC mirror thanks to Artak

What is it

----------

the GRAA modpack is before anything a big animation and option mod , my biggest and most comprehensive OFP mod work so far in term of hours spent on this.

In the same spirit of the simple and light on ressource infantry replacement pack "dma naval" or "dma army" modpacks, the GRAA modpack 3.0 features as a bonus only infantry and weaponry replacement to stay lag free on even huge missions.

Major features of GRAA modpack 3.0

-----------------------------------------

-options, you want to customise your game ? that's exactly what you will be able to do with the 32 options you can enable or disable to your liking from the config.cpp in a very simple and user friendly way as you just need a text editor (like Notepad/Wordpad) and no modding skill.

That's the major and primary feature of this modpack.

-totally new animation replacement pack made specifically for the units of the GRAA modpack, and on top of this is coming along a lot of new additional animations linked to the mod options, allowing more different movements possibilities than in default OFP, that is the second major feature.

-every units, military or civilian are using the Llauma new head model, and so every face textures are replaced by new face textures or BIS reworked face textures to avoid the need of having the face scripts running and lowering performance, basically you have the good head without any performance hit or bad face in vehicle. This is just a bonus serving to enhance the option system.

-Thanks to the options system, you have a choice on who replace who: choose between HYK ACU us soldiers, HYK Woodland us soldier for the West side, RHS modern russian GRU and the HYK OPFOR for the east side, all tweaked to offer a smooth performance in framerate terms.

-Comes with an ECP version , a Light version (if you wish to play with addons not featuring Llauma's head model) and a MP version (untested but should work)

How to install

--------------

If you already have a @GRAA mod folder in your OFP install directory, delete it before anything.

Now once done, to install, just extract the @GRAA mod folder (the one you find by opening the downloaded sancgraamod3.rar archive with WINRAR)

(You can download WINRAR there for free and legally, "English WinRAR and RAR release" despite it is called "trial version", in fact it is not really limited)

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Then put this @GRAA folder inside your OFP install directory.

Usually, it is there :

...Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@GRAA

Now you can launch the game with the -mod=@GRAA in your shortcut to play, but i suggest you strongly to read the "OptionFAQ.txt" file to see how to setup your options in the config easily and customise your game.

If you have no idea on how to do add the -mod thing, just create a shortcut of your FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE

Once done, right click on it and select "Properties"

Look at the line near the word "Target" , you should see something like this at the end of the line

.....eration Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe"

After the " , just add a space , type -NOSPLASH

Add another space and type -mod=@GRAA

So the end of the target line will look like this

.....eration Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -NOSPLASH -mod=@GRAA

you should not need -NOMAP as the content is not really huge enough for the memory to crash without -NOMAP , but some modern computer seems to be unable to run correctly OFP without -NOMAP , so it is up to your decision to use this or not :

.....eration Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -NOSPLASH -NOMAP -mod=@GRAA

That's it, click OK and launch OFP using this modified shortcut to play with the GRAA mod activated.

Changelog

--------------

Quote[/b] ]Version 1.0

------------

First release

experimental animation mod heavily based on options to allow a maximum of user customisation.

as a bonus it replaced several soldiers and weapons.

Version 2.0

------------

Second release

>>removed<<

**REMOVED : the dma lean pack is removed as i made new roll and lean adapted to the new anim pack.

**REMOVED : Ti0n3r soundpack to cut down the download size, after all anyone can get the soundpack they want.

You can find again the nice soundpack from Ti0n3r there :

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=52126

>>fixes<<

**FIXED : east and resistance crew helmet bug (HYK and RHS based) appearing in view when the unit was in vehicle.

**FIXED : east and west officers hat bug (both HYK and RHS based) appearing in view when the unit was in vehicle.

**FIXED : east spetsnaz (RHS based one) hat appearing in view when the unit was in vehicle.

**FIXED : various minor model fixes due to odolexplorer "mloding" bugs.

**FIXED : using wrong pbo reference for the new crouchwalk as i forgot one.

**FIXED : Camel pilots face bug

>>improvements<<

**IMPROVED : crouch walking while aiming is now subject to a higher aimdispersion to reflect that it is less easy to aim.

**IMPROVED : rolling animation should make the player tired after a while to avoid an abuse of it.

**IMPROVED : redone roll and leaning to interpolate with the new animation pack smoothly

**IMPROVED : player or AI cant kill themselves anymore while sprinting and unfortunately hitting the fire key.

**IMPROVED : with AIAWARE enabled snipers,pilots,specops are more aware of surrounding than regular units

>>additions<<

**ADDED : whole new animation replacement pack specially done for this, total rework of the .

**ADDED : an ECP version so the mod can be played in the latest version of ECP.

**ADDED : an SLX version so the mod can be played with the latest version of SLX

**ADDED : option allowing running with the AT on shoulder on 4 directions, AI capable of running forward.

**ADDED : option to have a larger field of vision

Version 3.0

------------

Third and probably final big release as i am totally fed up with this

>>removed<<

**REMOVED : the SLX version of the config , the SLX mod is too unstable on my system.

**REMOVED : removed the SANC_ALTRUN and SANC_ALTSTEP , those 2 options serve no more purpose.

**REMOVED : removed the tweaked RHS VDV models for the east alternative, tweaked RHS GRU takes the lead.

**REMOVED : FacePlant civilians , as their textures were too different from the civilians they were replacing

**REMOVED : the foot step sound played when the player was leaning or AT stance changing.

>>improvements<<

**IMPROVED : reworked a bit some of the animations to fix some visual problems.

**IMPROVED : the burn script create now 1st an explosion in the case you use the non destroyed model option

**IMPROVED : reworked the visual parts of all the soldiers models from west,west alt, east, east alt and resistance.

**IMPROVED : when using the patrol option the soldier is now able to get the rifle in hand a lot quicker

**IMPROVED : new intro for each island, lighter

>>fixed<<

**FIXED : forgot NVG proxy on some LODs in several models

**FIXED : shadow on several soldier models that i just forgot to enable in their correct lods

**FIXED : removed the line legs="legsNo"; in some anims (like the leaning) that prevented legs to adapt to terrain not flat

**FIXED : some minor bugs in the ECP and light versions of the GRAA modpack

>>additions<<

**ADDED : the content of each 6 bonus update that were done for the GRAA modpack version 2.0

**ADDED : option allowing to use a run&gun possibility or to run with weapon pointing down (new anims)

**ADDED : option allowing to use "weapon on back" stance or "patrol" stance without having to change the Anim.pbo

**ADDED : RHS GRU models reworked a bit to be the alternative east forces according to option selected

**ADDED : option allowing to use MAP weapon sounds or BIS (or any Sounds.pbo) weapon sounds

**ADDED : BIS civilians are back, but all have now Llauma head model to fit the mod.

**ADDED : and so civilans have now wound textures back to them.

**ADDED : option to allow put/take from the crouch position without having to stand up first

**ADDED : new option allowing to use a 3rd person view closer to the player

**ADDED : new option allowing to launch grenade from crouch stance

**ADDED : new option allowing to lower the rifle / go relax stance when crouch and standing

**ADDED : new option to use a second resistance set or the one already implemented, the difference being the camo

**ADDED an ECP , a light and 2 MP versions of the config.

Credits

-----------

All credits to those guys , without them there would have been no GRAA Modpack 3,

I just tweaked things here and there smile_o.gif

Hyakushiki --> both alternative West troops and East alternative OPFOR

Laser, Earl, Suchey, DKM VIT, DMA --> Weapons

RHS --> East alternative GRU troops

Ebud, williec --> both alternatives Res troops and textures

Llauma, Offtime --> Heads model.

Offtime,Ag Smith, Sputnik Monroe, GR, Hyakushiki and everyone who that contributed to facetex2 --> face textures

MIG25_Radek, Ebud --> how to implement new faces format in config in a correct way instead of being scripted

ECP, WGL, SLX ---> how to have options in config

Sanctuary --> Animations, config and model tweaks

Fab. --> help merging AT reload anim with a previous one, it allowed me to speed up the whole process.

BIS --> OFP

Just have fun and enjoy the modpack

Sanctuary

GRAA 3.0 OPTIONS DESCRIPTION

------------------------------------------

ENABLE_RADIO_VOICES

Allow the user to enable/disable the radio voice. When radio voices are disabled, OFP continue to display them, but the really good side is that the AI does not wait until the slooooow speaker finish his voice acting to really do something, noticable immediately in tank battles, and town combat as a squad leader ordering AI around is enojoyable.

ENABLE_FDF_RECOIL

Allow the user to switch between the BIS recoil system, and the new one introduced by the FDF mod, the AI is influenced by this exactly like the player.

ENABLE_WAVERING

Allow the user to play with the extremely stable weapons from BIS system, or with more weapon "wavering" simulating it is not that easy to aim and shoot, the effect is done on the AI too. the wavering is not high enough to make the game harder for the player, but it is enjoyable as you are really happy when you score a very long distance shot now.

ENABLE_VEH_REFL

Allow the user to have light from the sun be applied on vehicles, or use the default BIS setting that does not apply it.

ENABLE_WEA_REFL

Similar to the previous options, in the difference it is for applying light of the sun on the weapon, or not like with the default BIS setting.

ENABLE_BIS_FACES

Llauma head need different texture format, so far all the faces that were done for the Llauma heads were using a strong influence from Ghost Recon or Wolfenstein textures, recently Hyakushiki came with all the BIS faces converted to use the format necessary for Llauma's head model. This option allow the user to switch between the GR/Wolf inspired face textures or the BIS converted to Llauma's head face textures.

ENABLE_FREEAIM

Allow the user to use the "free aim" zone that is in the default OFP, or block his gun like most of the FPS available, not only the game can play differently like this but i may be crazy but it seems there is a performance improvement when fixing the aim zone and using ironsight in some environment.

ENABLE_LARGE_FORM

BIS formation space between soldiers was rather small, as it was possible to kill nearly a whole squad with a mortar. Enabling the large formation use the double of space between soldiers to prevent this mass killing problem. Another good side effect is that it doubles the battle front, making actually you think with great pleasure that the AI is flanking you.

ENABLE_AIAWARE

BIS default AI, as you know it, can't see anything beyond a certain distance, play the mission Ambush and once you are in the small hill you can see easily the AI but the AI can't see you at all. Or you can crawl at 30m from an AI without it being able to see you in open space.

With that option enabled , the AI is now capable to see (and hear) you from longer distances, nearly the same as the distance a player can see an AI.

ENABLE_HYK_ACU

Allow the user to switch between Hyakushiki ACU soldiers and Hyakushiki Woodland BDU for the west side, for every soldiers of it.

ENABLE_HYK_OPFOR

Allow the user to switch between Hyakushiki OPFOR soldiers and RHS GRU for the east side, for every soldiers of it.

ENABLE_SANCNVG

Allow the user to switch between the BIS nvg system and my improved NVG textures , my NVG texture can support DXDLL nvg system from what i was told.

ENABLE_SANC_LEAN

Allow the user to lean and roll when pressing the turbo/sprint key, (by default SHIFT i think), and the direction left or right, or remove the lean/roll ability to go back at BIS default.

ENABLE_SANC_CROUCH

Allow the user to crouch walk in every direction, or go back at BIS default that make the player standing up. The AI can use this by themselves.

ENABLE_BURNING_VEH

Allow the user to have all the destroyed vehicles in the game to burn with fire and long smoke, fire does not hurt if one is near of it as the AI is unable to deal with or understand the concept of "fire is burning, stay away".

ENABLE_HD_BATTLE

Give JAM-like HD dispersion to every weapons of the game, making firefight longer and affect the AI accordingly. Good thing i gave every soldiers 2 more magazines already .

ENABLE_DELAY_AISMOKE

Allow the user to play with BIS smoke grenade that does not do anything to the AI and the "impact" grenade, or use smoke that are actually blocking the AI view and grenade that explode after a small delay instead of impact.

ENABLE_DESTR_VEH

Allow the user to play with BIS "melting" destroyed vehicle, or remove the "melting" effect to have them just be darker when destroyed, it is recommended to activate the burning option in that case.

ENABLE_SANC_RUNAT

Allow the player to actually run and walk while having the AT weapon on shoulder, or go back to BIS setting of just walking (and then getting killed if your AT fail as you are too slow while walking to run for cover)

ENABLE_LARGE_FOV

Allow a larger field of view instead of the default BIS one. It allows you to see more on the side, just a matter of preference.

ENABLE_SANC_CRRUN

Allow the player to run while being in crouch position, use this to move fast to a position while keeping a low profile. The AI can use that by themselves, or go back to BIS default that force you to stand up.

ENABLE_SANC_STANLYAT

Allow the player, when having the AT weapon on shoulder to go prone or to stand up with the AT weapon (and fire from there) when presing the turbo/sprint key (SHIFT i think by default) + your "moving backward" key , or just pressing your "moving backward" key.

ENABLE_SANC_ALTSTAN

Allow the user to use either the new animation replacement pack that is made specifically with the GRAA modpack models (or any Anim.pbo he may use instead) , or to use animations that comes from one of my NG serie of anims as they are very different visually. Just a matter of preferences

ENABLE_SANC_NORG

Allow the user to move in every directions , jogging with the weapon pointing down, or with the possibility to "run and gun" (very inaccurately though), just a matter of preference.

ENABLE_SANC_PAT

Allow the user to either play with the old BIS "weapon on back" stances, or with that stance replaced by the popular "patrol" one without having to change the Anim.pbo to another one. Just a matter of preference again.

ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND

allow the user to switch between the Marine Assault Pack sounds for the weapon (and hits, fly, impact sound) and the BIS weapon sound (or any replacement Sounds.pbo you may want to use).

ENABLE_SANC_CRPUT

allow the user to be able to put down / take any object/weapon from the crouch position without having to get up first like in the default OFP , disabling this get back to the default OFP behaviour (when crouch and want to put/take object , your soldier stand up first)

ENABLE_3RDPALT

allow the user to have the 3rd person view (external view) to be closer to the player model, or to use the BIS default if prefered, it is just a matter of preference, with this enabled you can't cheat by looking over a wall while using 3rd person though nener.gif .

ENABLE_SANC_CRGREN

allow the user to launch grenades from the crouch stance without having to stand up first, or to be forced to stand up before launching a grenade like in BIS default gameplay.

ENABLE_ SANC_RELAX

this option allow the user to go in relax mode , like only the AI could do in default OFP, when pressing BACK key + Sprint Key while standing aiming , crouching aiming and lying aiming. This allow to lower the rifle and offer more field of view while you continue to look at a specific target. Disabling this go back to default BIS behaviour that forced you to look down when wanting to lower your rifle.

ENABLE_ALT_RESIS

Enabling or disabling this option will change the camo pattern for the resistance model from Williec and Ebud, matter of preferences, one is yougoslavian camo, the other is russian flora (simulating the fact the resistance got their uniforms from what they collected when fighting Guba's forces)

and the 32nd option , allowing you to select which AI "aware" relaxed animation you want to use.

Glad to see some OFP gurus still around... amazing piece of art!

I wonder how many hours have been spent in setting up all of the options.

regards,

TB

Impressive work and much appreciated! I used the DMA Army/Naval packs exclusively with WGL and found it to be the perfect solution for OFP. Is there any chance of having a WGL config for GRAA? That would just make my day.

Thanks

Excellent work Sanctuary!  I think my favorite aspect of GRAA 3.0 is the new camera angle for 3rd person.  It gets you closer to the action while not ruining your peripheral vision.  Gives you that GR:AW on the Xbox 360 kind of feel.  The best part of it is that you can now kill  the enemy in 3rd person.  Before the bullets would not land where the crosshair was pointing because of the camera angle, but now they are almost spot on!

EDIT:  I have a strange, but minor problem when running the mod.  I am using the light config with my addons located in a mod folder.  When I load up the mod, I get an error message, "Cannot load mission, missing addons: bas_repairh."  The wierd thing is that I have the bas_repair pbo in my addons folder.  Also I do not have any missions that require it because I do not have any extra missions in any folders.  I tried loading the game with the full GRAA config as well with the same results.  I can get rid of the error message by simply removing the bas_repair pbo, so it is not a big deal at all, but figured it was worth the post incase anyone else encounters such an issue.

Quote[/b] ]I can get rid of the error message by simply removing the bas_repair pbo, so it is not a big deal at all, but figured it was worth the post incase anyone else encounters such an issue.

all the versions of the GRAA mod use nothing coming from BAS and as i checked all the island cutscenes just to be sure after looking at your message, there is indeed nothing at all related to any BAS work there.

So why is the bas_repair making an error is beyond my understanding, i guess one of the BAS addon has a wrong (or lack of) addon dependancy in its own config requiredAddon section.

Edit : as i guessed there is nothing wrong at all with the GRAA modpack, and there is indeed a problem with the bas_repair.pbo

Check this message from Killswitch to see why the bas_repair.pbo is faulty.

BAs just forgot to have bas_repair to declare its dependancy on the BIS AH64 in its own config, and by failing to do so in ANY mission or cutscene featuring a BIS AH64, if you have the bas_repair.pbo in your addon folder there will be this error message.

And the island cutscenes used for the GRAA modpack feature a BIS AH64 , and so that is why you have an error when you use the faulty bas_repair.pbo in your addon folder.

Fortunately you can get the corrected bas_repair.pbo from there

http://files.filefront.com/fixedbas_repairzip/;7060955;/fileinfo.html

Thanks for that quick and thorough post and fix for the bas_repair.pbo Sanctuary. Strange that I never heard about that problem before.

Thank you all for the appreciation, i hope this modpack will offer you a more interesting OFP experience than my previous works.

A note as i forgot to write this in the readme :

You are free to modify or use only some parts of the modpack without having to contact me before, just remember to give credits to the authors (from the GRAA credit list).

The same if someone want to use the GRAA config as a basis for his own mod, you have my permission, no need to ask me before, but by courtesy remember to mention the authors (from the GRAA credit list).

Nice MOD however i keep getting CTD's *crash to desktop* will there b a patch fixing this. This problem happends every 10 min

Quote[/b] ]Nice MOD however i keep getting CTD's *crash to desktop* will there b a patch fixing this. This problem happends every 10 min

When using only the GRAA modpack there is no crash. I played hours testing this and never experience any CTD, i even completed the whole CWC campaign and never exeperience a single bug, and none of the people that have tested the mod ever reported any CTD.

So you can't patch what is working correctly.

If you experience crashes, i can only guess it may be because :

-you are using addons that are faulty (check you Addons and Res\Addons folder to see what kind of addon you installed there)

-you are using different mods together and one of them is not compatible with the GRAA mod (try to launch OFP only with the GRAA modpack, not any other mod)

-you somehow have corrupted files , try to download again from another link.

-there is something wrong with your computer.

Are you using only the GRAA mod , and installed it exactly as instructed ?

EDIT : Do you have the option ENABLE_DELAY_AISMOKE enabled or disabled ?

actually i found out the problem sanctuary my graphics card aint too friendly with flashpoint. I took away the Weather reflections, gun reflection, and vehicle reflection. Since then i didnt expierence any CTD sorry for troubling ya.

Can u make updated armor too that would b nice

JK JK JK JK JK Wonderful MOD Sanctuary ur the best wink_o.gif

Glad to see what was the problem, as none ever reported a CTD with the modpack, maybe it should help people to know that some graphic cards are not compatible with OFP light system if applied on weapon or vehicles (there is no weather reflection in the gRAA modpack ?).

What kind of graphic cards do you have ?

On the older of my system, that has a simple GF2 it seems there is no problem with the light effect (while it is not compatible with dxdll).

I have used quite a bit of your work and it is always flawless and bugfree, which is quite an accomplishment. I don't know how you do it. When I run OFP with my addons I ALWAYS run it with GRAA light. Whenever I want to play the campaigns, I alternate between GRAA and FFUR/SLX. Definately a must have mod.

Glad to see what was the problem, as none ever reported a CTD with the modpack, maybe it should help people to know that some graphic cards are not compatible with OFP light system if applied on weapon or vehicles (there is no weather reflection in the gRAA modpack ?).

What kind of graphic cards do you have ?

On the older of my system, that has a simple GF2 it seems there is no problem with the light effect (while it is not compatible with dxdll).

With weather affect i mean the thing with the sun reflecting off vehicles lol. Anywho my graphics card is Intel graphics media accelerator 900 224 mb. It's not too friendly with flashpoint and i am forced to use direct 3d instead of direct 3d HW T@L. Cant have reflective water that usually shows up in vanilla ofp. My PC is a VAIO

but what if I just want to play GRAA3 only with vanilla OFP?Without new soldiers, new weapons llauma....

With weather affect i mean the thing with the sun reflecting off vehicles lol. Anywho my graphics card is Intel graphics media accelerator 900 224 mb. It's not too friendly with flashpoint and i am forced to use direct 3d instead of direct 3d HW T@L. Cant have reflective water that usually shows up in vanilla ofp. My PC is a VAIO

Ah, now it is more clear

The OFP light you see are in fact HWTL graphic card functions. So if you do not enable HWTL with OFP, you can't have those lights.

It is exactly like the sun reflecting on the sea in the default OFP, without HWTL you can't see it.

but what if I just want to play GRAA3 only with vanilla OFP?Without new soldiers, new weapons llauma....

It is simple, just use the Light version of the config.

I have no sound with this mod... no sounds play at all sad_o.gif

Congrats Sanctuary, I just wanna be saying farewell to you and your addons because im getting Arma next week, so until you get Arma and start making my favorite mod wink_o.gif (With Marines this time whistle.gif ) So long....

I have no sound with this mod... no sounds play at all sad_o.gif

I wonder why i wrote a description for the options...

Enable the radio voice option to get radio sounds back, but note that you will lose the immediate responsivity of the AI that is allowed by having no radio sound.

i prefer immediate response, so much better the ai actually do as there told for a change smile_o.gif

Indeed, the "squad AI" is so much improved when it can act immediately to your orders, that i have no remorse in removing the radio voices, gameplay for me is always better than eye or ear wink_o.gif candy.

I wish there was a way to have both the immediate AI response and the radio voices though, but unfortunately it is not possible.

At least i made this under an option , to allow people to choose their way to play.

But if you never tried to play without the radio voice, do this simple test :

Enable the radio voices , and in the mission editor put 2 Abrams platoons vs 2 T80 platoons in Montignac on Everon, and get yourself as a tank commander.

Play this tank battle.

Once you are done, save your mission in the editor, quit OFP, disable the radio voice, launch OFP and play the same tank battle, you will understand why removing the radio voice add so much to OFP squad AI.