Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

GRAA Modpack 3.0

There is too much modification in the anim classes to write down exactly what to change, especially in the case of the ww4 mod in which i even lost track of all i modified.

So here is a simple way to implement either GRAA3 or WW4 (test4 version) animations.

First be sure to have either GRAA3 or the WW4 (test 4) mod depending on which anims you want to implement to another mod.

---If you want the GRAA3 anims, from the @GRAA mod folder take the files :

sancanimcr.pbo from \@GRAA\Addons\

Anim.pbo from \@GRAA\Dta\

And put them into \Whatevermodname\Addons\ and \Whatevermodname\Dta\ respectivelly

---If you want the WW4 anims, from the @ww4test4 modfolder take the files :

ww4_modanim.pbo from \@ww4test4\Addons\

ww4_pistolanim.pbo from \@ww4test4\Addons\

Anim.pbo from \@ww4test4\Dta\

And put them into \Whatevermodname\Addons\ and \Whatevermodname\Dta\ respectivelly

Note : if you have a sancpistol.pbo or a dmapistol.pbo in \Whatevermodname\Addons\ , delete them, and if you have the locke anims in that folder too, delete them.

But back them up before in case you want to reinstall things like they were.

---- Now download this file

http://www.mediafire.com/?3mgdyruuhkz

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B0LFW7MC

http://depositfiles.com/files/f6k111s6u

http://www.zshare.net/download/71775575d7aa568f/

http://rapidshare.com/files/342110672/cfgmovesclasses.rar.html

http://www.badongo.com/file/20056083

Inside the cfgmovesclasses.rar you will find 2 text files :

Take the one that correspond to the anims you want to implement in \Whatevermodname\

Now , after backing up the file of course, open the config.bin (transform it into a config.cpp with BINVIEW) or config.cpp file from \Whatevermodname\Bin\

Look for

class CfgMovesMC

There , if you know what you are doing delete the whole class CfgMovesMC.

If you don't know what you are doing, rename this into

class CfgMovesOldMC

Now open either (depending on your choice) graaCfgMoves.txt or ww4CfgMoves.txt

Click on Edit, then Select All (or just press CTRL and A)

Click on Edit, then Copy (or just press CTRL and C)

Back to your modified config.cpp

If you deleted the whole class CfgMovesMC, put your cursor where it was and click Edit then Paste (or just press CTRL and V)

If you renamed class CfgMovesMC into class CfgMovesOldMC, put your cursor just a line before class CfgMovesOldMC and click Edit the Paste (or just press CTRL and V).

Now, if the config was a config.bin instead of a config.cpp, look at the beginning of the file, and after all the lines beginning by

#define blablabla

Copy/Paste the following :

enum
{
DestructNo,
DestructBuilding,
DestructEngine,
DestructTree,
DestructTent,
DestructMan,
DestructDefault
};

enum
{
ManPosDead,
ManPosWeapon,
ManPosBinocLying,
ManPosLyingNoWeapon,
ManPosLying,
ManPosHandGunLying,
ManPosCrouch,
ManPosHandGunCrouch,
ManPosCombat,
ManPosHandGunStand,
ManPosStand,
ManPosNoWeapon,
ManPosBinoc,
ManPosBinocStand
};

enum
{
CPDriver,
CPGunner,
CPCommander,
CPCargo
};

enum
{
UnitInfoSoldier,
UnitInfoTank,
UnitInfoCar,
UnitInfoShip,
UnitInfoAirplane,
UnitInfoHelicopter
};

enum
{
ManActStop,
ManActStopRelaxed,
ManActTurnL,
ManActTurnR,
ManActTurnLRelaxed,
ManActTurnRRelaxed,
ManActReloadMagazine,
ManActReloadMGun,
ManActReloadAT,
ManActReloadMortar,
ManActThrowGrenade,
ManActWalkF,
ManActWalkLF,
ManActWalkRF,
ManActWalkL,
ManActWalkR,
ManActWalkLB,
ManActWalkRB,
ManActWalkB,
ManActSlowF,
ManActSlowLF,
ManActSlowRF,
ManActSlowL,
ManActSlowR,
ManActSlowLB,
ManActSlowRB,
ManActSlowB,
ManActFastF,
ManActFastLF,
ManActFastRF,
ManActFastL,
ManActFastR,
ManActFastLB,
ManActFastRB,
ManActFastB,
ManActDown,
ManActUp,
ManActLying,
ManActStand,
ManActCombat,
ManActCrouch,
ManActCivil,
ManActCivilLying,
ManActFireNotPossible,
ManActDie,
ManActWeaponOn,
ManActWeaponOff,
ManActDefault,
ManActJumpOff,
ManActStrokeFist,
ManActStrokeGun,
ManActSitDown,
ManActSalute,
ManActBinocOn,
ManActBinocOff,
ManActPutDown,
ManActMedic,
ManActTreated,
ManActLadderOnDown,
ManActLadderOnUp,
ManActLadderOff,
ManActLadderOffTop,
ManActLadderOffBottom,
ManActGetInCar,
ManActGetOutCar,
ManActGetInTank,
ManActGetOutTank,
ManActTakeFlag,
ManActHandGunOn,
ManActN
};

If the config was already a config.cpp, you don't need to do that, it should already be done by the original modder(s).

Now if you installed the GRAA version of the files and anims, just after the pack of #define , copy paste this too :

////////////////////////////////SANC OPTIONS SYSTEM///////////////////////////
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

/////////////////////////////////Gameplay Options/////////////////////////////

//#define ENABLE_FDF_RECOIL
//#define ENABLE_WAVERING
//#define ENABLE_FREEAIM
//#define ENABLE_HD_BATTLE
//#define ENABLE_DELAY_AISMOKE
//#define ENABLE_LARGE_FOV
#define ENABLE_3RDPALT
#define ENABLE_LARGE_FORM
#define ENABLE_AIAWARE

/////////////////////////////////Animation Options//////////////////////////////

#define ENABLE_SANC_LEAN
#define ENABLE_SANC_CROUCH
#define ENABLE_SANC_RUNAT
#define ENABLE_SANC_CRRUN
#define ENABLE_SANC_STANLYAT
//#define ENABLE_SANC_ALTSTAN
#define ENABLE_SANC_NORG
#define ENABLE_SANC_PAT
#define ENABLE_SANC_CRPUT
#define ENABLE_SANC_RELAX
#define ENABLE_SANC_CRGREN

//////////////////////////////////Visual Options//////////////////////////////

#define ENABLE_VEH_REFL
#define ENABLE_WEA_REFL
#define ENABLE_BIS_FACES
#define ENABLE_HYK_ACU
#define ENABLE_HYK_OPFOR
//#define ENABLE_ALT_RESIS
#define ENABLE_SANCNVG
#define ENABLE_BURNING_VEH
//#define ENABLE_DESTR_VEH

//////////////////////////////////Sound Options//////////////////////////////

//#define ENABLE_RADIO_VOICES
#define ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND

/////////////////////////////SANC AI AWARE STANCE OPTION//////////////////////
//Important note
//Only one type must be enabled by removing the 2 comment
//And the other types must be disabled by adding the 2 comments 
//Forgetting that can lead into errors ingame

//type0
//#define AISTANCE "\sanc_animcr\savarestanistat0.rtm"

//type1
//#define AISTANCE "\sanc_animcr\savarestanistat1.rtm"

//type2
#define AISTANCE "\sanc_animcr\savarestanistat2.rtm"

//type3
//#define AISTANCE "\sanc_animcr\savarestanistat3.rtm"

//type4
//#define AISTANCE "\sanc_animcr\savarestanistat4.rtm"

//type5
//#define AISTANCE "\sanc_animcr\savarestanistat5.rtm"

//type6
//#define AISTANCE "\sanc_animcr\savarestanistat6.rtm"

//type7
//#define AISTANCE "\sanc_animcr\savarestanistat7.rtm"

That should be all, if you made no mistake, it should work.

Important note : some mods have their vehicles own animations defined in the main config instead of being defined in their addons config.

This means by pasting the CfgMoves from the downloaded files, you will overwrite them, leading into anims problem for when you will use such vehicles (soldiers driving or in cargo not using the correct animations).

No solution easy other than you looking for exactly what define those exact animation in the original config of such mods, and try to add them.

Good luck as that's not easy.

Hopefully most mods do not do that. But replacements mods that replace vehicle (like ffur,e:ecp,y2K3) usually do that, so if you are not prepared for an headache in fiddiling with those animations classes with those specific mods, do not waste your time trying, as it will not work as easily as i said in this tutorial.

Anedoctal bug report: The Graa anims interfere with mig chickens. I got a bug while trying to play the Anjou campaign for the INV44 demo. I reinstaled the old NGanims and played with that with no problems.

The animals from Farmland/Mig/Teacup dogs are incompatible with the majority of mods that have extra-animations (i mean that do not just replace the original but add a bunch of not existing features, like WW4 do with lean, climb, roll etc...)

They have even problems with some addons (like by example the Bambi black ops or Nephilim mercenaries) that are horribly disformed if they are in the same addon folder as those units.

Why ? no idea as zombies from Farmland, Horror and recent Zombies pack are perfectly compatible.

So just use the Anim.pbo (and miss all the ww4/graa extra-anims features) if you want to play with those kind of animals.

Edited by Sanctuary

One thing i found whenever i try firing in land from a watchtower than i die,is this a bug of this mod.

If a soldier is standing and than he shoots the area near his legs he always dies.

I guess that's linked with the ammo indirectHit

the indirectHit BIS values for bullets is 2 and for silenced bullets is 1.

The indirectHitRange is 0.1, not sure if it is in meters though.

That is certainly what is killing people that are shooting for some reason near their own legs and on a wall/watchtower despite they are very close to it.

Try to add

burst=3;

to the hunter rifle class (don't remember exactly the class name of the weapon, look in the Hunter class to see the class name of his weapon)

I mean that whenever hunter fired kozlice shell than 3 shell he fired not 1 shell out of 21.

So i want that hunter fire 1 shall whenever he fire,not 3.

Do I need to install something like Llauma in my addons for this to work? Been trying with the heads option on/off but I cannot get the player head to look correct. The texture is wrapped around it weird.

Non-player characters look fine and have a new head model. If I create a soldier as a non-player in the editor and right next to it create a soldier as the player, the non-player looks fine but the player is messed up looking.

Also if I try to do a multiplayer game, all players have messed up head textures as well.

The GRAA modpack can't be used with addons that are using BIS head.

If you want to using addons that have the BIS head, use the light version of the GRAA modpack.

-the GRAA "light" version was created for people wanting to play with addons that does not have the Llauma head but want to use the GRAA option and animation system and so does not feature any of the models and textures replacements/options .

It is pointless to use this light version if you use addons featuring the Llauma head as the full GRAA modpack support them totally.

Refer to the readme.txt inside the "GRAA light config" folder

how to change cameo from white to woodland,iam trying to change your advice but it is not working

The GRAA modpack can't be used with addons that are using BIS head.

If you want to using addons that have the BIS head, use the light version of the GRAA modpack.

Refer to the readme.txt inside the "GRAA light config" folder

Thanks for the reply on this. I'm only using the original game units for this. It works for non-player characters. They have the correct head. It just doesn't work for players when selecting the same unit.

Make sure you're not using a custom face texture, because it's most likely using the old mapping compatible only with the old head models.

Hmm, I wonder why I'm getting this if it works for other people. Is there something I can look for in the config.cpp to try changing maybe?

Here is what I am seeing:

faceTexture.jpg

The player (me) is on the right and the left is an AI unit I added. As you can see the right texture is not correct, but the left one is. I tried using a downloaded unit with the BIS model and the opposite happens. Then the right one is correct and the left one is wrong. Seems like I can't have both :).

At first I tried installing the GRAA/ECP version, however after I noticed this problem I went and recopied over GRAA fresh and started the game with the mod without any changes made to the files but problem is still there.

Commenting/Uncommenting ENABLE_BIS_FACES seems to have no effect either.

Wonder if re-installing OFP would make a difference?

Hmmm.

I have some addons that I've downloaded but a mod is the only thing that can replace the default faces correct?

In the screenshot I'm using WEST-Officer. And as shown it is working on the AI unit that is the exact same unit. Looks great btw :).

Do I need to use a custom face or is this mod supposed to replace the defaults?

As a test I went through every unit on the west side and tested it. A few of them are addons with default BIS head and when I use them, the AI is messed up and the player looks normal. All others the player is messed up and the AI looks normal.

It is as though the player has the BIS head and all other units are using the new one.

I'd be willing to test out things in my config if I knew what I was looking for :).

Does OFP cache anything to do with mods. What I mean is since I first tried the GRAA+ECP and then switched back to GRAA default, would ofp have saved anything permanently to make my game different? It just seems strange that it's only affecting me when the files should be exactly the same that I downloaded....

Hmmm.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

In case it helps, I used a script to get a front shot of the player and AI:

faceTexture2.jpg

As you can see they are both the same unit, however the player (left) is using a different head than the AI unit.

I tried, and i don't see your problem on my screen, so i have no idea what can be the reason of your problem if you don't use custom face for yourself (as from what you showed in screenshot the mutant face is yourself).

I don't use any custom face for myself , only the one you can select in the profile in the OFP menu, and as you see neither me or the AI has any garbled face :

clipboard02p.jpg

A few of them are addons with default BIS head and when I use them, the AI is messed up

Of course, as previously posted, the full GRAA3 version is not to be used with addon using the default BIS head model.

All i can say is that you can test this :

Be sure the default OFP \Addons\ and Res\Addons\ folder are clean, meaning you have only BIS pbo in there, no custom addons installed here.

That's very important.

In the OFP menu, click on "Player : whateveryourname"

Then click Edit and select a default OFP face.

Ok and exit the game

See if that is fixing your problem.

Re-download the GRAA modpack 3 to be sure you start without anything that could have modified the mod, install, modify the options you want and launch OFP with -only- the GRAA3 mod activated.

In t

See if the problem occurs again for you.

edit :

As you can see they are both the same unit, however the player (left) is using a different head than the AI unit.

model is different from texture.

In the screenshot, unless you use different addons, both soldier are using the same head model, what is different is the face texture.

Edited by Sanctuary

faceTexture3.jpg

Yes, I got it!

Thanks so much for your help! Your last explanation helped a lot.

The problem was I was confusing face texture that is set in options with something in the addons directory. Once I realized that I went and changed it to default texture in the options and it worked. I dunno if I was using a custom or it was broke or what (it's been years since I've ran the game!), but it's working now :).

Cool, well if you'd like anything for your troubles, I can offer hosting space for your mods if you like. ..or a free card from my site (http://thecardchest.com/) :eek:!. Would like to pay back for your help as I've been messing with this for days!.

It's great you are still supporting your mod, I wasn't sure if anyone was left still playing OFP :).

ENABLE_HYK_ACU

Allow the user to switch between Hyakushiki ACU soldiers and Hyakushiki Woodland BDU for the west side, for every soldiers of it.

ENABLE_HYK_OPFOR

Allow the user to switch between Hyakushiki OPFOR soldiers and RHS GRU for the east side, for every soldiers of it.[/Quote]

i am trying to implement this animation,but not getting succes?

i am trying to implement this animation,but not getting succes?

that i will told you.in GRAA bin folder a config there.

Find visual options there.

Than find #define ENABLE_HYK_ACU.

Just put // in front of this line #.

In 2nd line #define ENABLE_HYK_OPFOR put again // before starting of line.now west have green and some change in east cameo.bingo.

On 7/9/2007 at 1:37 PM, Pillage said:

You're not the only person who wanted something like that SamotH. I wanted the swift reaction time of no radio voices but I also wanted to know when friendly AI has been issued or completed an order. So, to that end I replaced 99% of the contents of both Voice.pbo and VoiceRH.pbo with correctly named but empty files.

Now if I (silently) tell my men to move, they respond with 'roger' or 'moving on' and then 'waiting' or 'ready' when they reach their destination. If I have a man on hold fire and tell him to target someone he'll respond with 'ready to fire'. I haven't, however, got it so you can hear enemy position.

Both files are only 3.6mb and will work with any OFP install. If anyone's interested I can upload it somewhere.

Lol I unpacked the voices.pbo from arma 1 and placed the voices on the ofp voices.pbo... now I have arma 1 voices (much better) with the extreme cool "bip bip".

I replaced even the musics. I took them mostly from arma 2 and a few from arma 3 for example "this is war"...

The feelings of dying in ofp and hearing the arma 2 death theme... BEAUTIFUL.

By the way, ofp can support even 1 GB of voices... the only issue is that when someone speak for the first time (after opening the game) the game freeze for 2 seconds... then you're fine.

Sorry for my english

• Like 1