Sign in to follow this  
Kombat01

Question about language policy

I'm new here so hello to everyone wink_o.gif

I have a question about BIS language policy.

With the 1.05 You can change the language of Your ArmA to english, but ONLY if You have CZ or GER versions. I have Polish version and would like to change it to english asweel.

Mainly because the polish translation is horrible, especially in mission editor, there are even differences in terminology between the manual and the game. Also, most of the mission editing tutorials are made in english.

So question: Why only Czech and German versions can change the language and the rest of the world can't?

Quote[/b] ]English subtitles enabled for Czech and German versions

I would like to see this question answered (or much better: fixed) as well. huh.gif

Report it to the ArmA bug tracker. It shouldn't be too hard to fix.

I'm not exactly sure if this is a bug or intended. That's why I'm asking a question hoping for some official reply.

I seriously doubt that that's intended.

As MadDogX said: file a bug. The best and fastest way to get it noticed and fixed.

Quote[/b] ]English subtitles enabled for Czech and German versions

This is quote from official readme that came with 1.05. That's why I'm not so sure if this is a bug.

Meanwhile, I can't seem to be able to create an account in bugtracking system - there is no "create new account" link:

My login screen.

Tutorial login screen.

English language is not supported in Polish and Russians version of ArmA.

Please note that there could be some more differences between ArmA editions.

This primarily relates to the fact that there are several publishers, several publishing methods and also pricing in different regions is completely different.

While you of course can file this as a bug, there's no reason behind such description. Polish version never intended to be in English, nor Russian was.

We found a good solution for those people that bought Czech or German versions early on and that's also the only reason why we invested a lot of effort in making this possible (before that, all these early supporters used unoficiall language patch which could cause them quite headaches about compatibility. This was not case for Polish or Russian releases).