Sign in to follow this  
smiley_ie

Catalyst 7.3 final released

Hmm, interesting.. could anyone give me a quick tut on how to do this? I'd like to try the cat 6.7... as im getting the leak on my X1950

Yeah I'd like to know how too. If someone cant explain how to edit this i'd appreciate it!

Well, I will try... This works for me (E6300/X1950proAGP/XPpro)

First download the 6.7 display drivers (I used only the display drivers pack and did not install CCC at all. Maybe it makes no difference whether you use CCC or Ati Tray tools in regards the leaking-handles â„¢)

Then I (you) start installing the drivers but after it has extracted the files to, e.g., c:\ATI\Support\<driver version> STOP the install by choosing CANCEL when the setup asks whether to start installing or not.

Next step is to go and open the DEVICE MANAGER.

click open the Display adapters -> right click on the first adapter (if you have secondary adapter repeat this procedure to that adapter also after this is finished without rebooting in the middle)

and choose "update driver..."

window opens --> choose third option: "No, not this time"

press Next

then choose second option: "Install from a list or specific location" (Advanced tounge2.gif))

press Next

choose second, i.e., last option: "Don't search. I will choose the driver myself because I'm a l337 nerd and want to be able to choose myself icon_rolleyes.gif"

press Next

Press "Have Disk..."

new window -> press Browse

Now find the folder where the drivers were unpacked just 5 seconds ago. I have them at c:\ati\support\6-7_xp-2k_dd_34826\2kxp_inf

Choose the file C2_35119 (upper one) and click Open

in the window "Install From Disk" click OK

Now you should see a list of adapter models on the Hardware Update Wizard -window

for X1950 cards choose Radeon X1900 Series ( for the secondary adapter choose the Radeon X1900 Series secondary, respectively) It is quite in the middle of the list.

I am not sure if X1650 user can use the X1600 Series??? Anyone?

Then press Next

window opens "Update Driver Warning" plaplapl

click Yes, if you feel like Advanced User wink_o.gif

wait until it finishes copying and then press Finish

If you have secondary adapter also in the Device Manager list do not reboot/restart but repeat the above to the secondary and only then restart

so first choose "No" when asked "Do you want to boot, sorry restart your computer now?"

Anyway I hope it works for anyone who needs it, but I will take no responsibility it anything should happen to you or your computer or to your files in you computer.

biggrin_o.gif

Hmm, first time I checked handles with 7.3 drivers, ATI X1900XTX and E6700 with 2Gb 800MHz. Handles were over 26700 after 20 min of play!

That was sure thing to go back to 6.7 and now handles are about 270...

peeps , did anyone chek DirectX diagnostic tool? chek it out for dispaly test, i bet u , u never sow this cube spin so fast.

BIS is not responisble for the ATI driver leak. You need 7.4, not 1.06 wink_o.gif

lloooll

ArmA has LOT of problems with Ati cards, Nvidia cards, all the cards of the universe

I think that the game code is very very very far to be optimized... the video cards drivers are only a drop in the sea

true, we need ati 7.4 or 7.5 or 7.6 drivers, but sure also 1.06, 1.07, 1.08 ArmA patches... and quickly please: i have paid, I WANT TO PLAY!!

llooll? huh.gif

Anyways... Yes, it is a challenging game to run. I'm wondering how bad it really is in terms of optimization. It seems to display quite a lot of polies and billboards. I would make sure your computer is up to snuff and that you're not encountering any other problems. They may optimize the game further but they're not going to squeeze a coal into a diamond.

When ever i quit the gave after i installed this it goes to the Blue Screen about some error with this.

GFX:ATI X800XT-PE 256MB

ATI Catalyst 7.3

RAM: 2GB TwinMOS

CPU: Intel P4 HT 3.4GHz

Handleleak present: YES

After merely 10 minutes of deathmatch play I've got 14000 handles. What is normal though? 200?

Hi,

I have a Sapphire Radeon x1950Pro AGP and have tried the 'Driver only' install of 6.7.

I have installed my card as a Radeon x1900 series (both primary and secondary) and cleaned out ALL ati driver related files prior to doing this.

The Gfx bug has now disappeared but the game now crawls to a halt after about 30mins forcing me to kill Arma.exe (if it doesnt commit suicide first!wink_o.gif

Im now back on 7.3 so i can play other games. Arma is on the back burner for me now until ATI address tis issue.....

Hi,

I have a Sapphire Radeon x1950Pro AGP and have tried the 'Driver only' install of 6.7.

I have installed my card as a Radeon x1900 series (both primary and secondary) and cleaned out ALL ati driver related files prior to doing this.

The Gfx bug has now disappeared but the game now crawls to a halt after about 30mins forcing me to kill Arma.exe (if it doesnt commit suicide first!wink_o.gif

Im now back on 7.3 so i can play other games. Arma is on the back burner for me now until ATI address tis issue.....

I'm sorry to hear that it did not work for you.

I know that you "gave up" for now, but I was just wondering, because we have the same Crap-hics Card and intel CPU and stuff - why is it starting to crawl with your setup. Did you install Ati tray tools? I use ATT and I have in "General" AA & AF application controlled, Texture & MipMap Detail at High Quality, V-sync off

and in "Additional" I have ticked Support DXT, Support BumpMap, Trilinear FO, GeometryIns.., but NOT Anisotropic FO?? Maybe it had bad influence on FPS I dont remeber.

In arma I can now run everything very high or high except PP low and Terrain verylow, FPS ca. 30-60 mostly over 40 @1152x864 16:10 aspect (wider FOV smile_o.gif )

Also with ATT you can monitor the GPU temp, Memory etc. which was very high in my setup until I upgraded the case.

I also had CPU temp too high at first and the game was going very slow. But you said that you can play other games just fine, so I think the above babel wont help you to better your gameplay banghead.gif

It is better to wait the real solution - driver w/ sealed handles

Hi Android,

Im really not sure why it isnt working for me, i only installed the driver and didnt bother with CCC.

Cpu temp is ok under load (AVG 52Deg) but i will keep my eye on the GPU temp to see if cooling is an issue.

To be honest im now a little bit sick of spending the early hours stoned out of my face fiddling about with drivers and dodging atiaug.dll related BSOD's :P

I was toying with the idea of putting my Radeon 9800 back in :P but decided to buy Medieval Total War 2 to tide me over instead!

BIS is not responisble for the ATI driver leak.  You need 7.4, not 1.06 wink_o.gif
 I would make sure your computer is up to snuff and that you're not encountering any other problems.  They may optimize the game further but they're not going to squeeze a coal into a diamond.

I work in the PC world an you can be sure that my PC is ok, with XP well optimized, well defragged and with all the lastest drivers and updates

I have NO ONE problem both in 2D than in 3D, with other games (battleground europe, BF2 project reality, America's Army etc etc...)

ArmA is the ONLY problem for my pc...  confused_o.gif