Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

Just downloaded your latest pack - playing around with it.

I guess youi save performance, but effect is far not so goood in flight. start looks far more detailed. Looks great from ground still, but not as good from a plane that is targeted. I noticed that rocket models dissapears after several seconds of flight. Looks like it's same for all even standart missiles (fired from standart vehicles). What's this ?

This has little to do with Mando Missile, it is the way ArmA draws the objects depending on the distance to the observer. Some models are visible only if you are really close to them.

there's some kind of bulletcam with your console - rockets are there for some seconds, but then dissapear ( Maybe it's good idea to try to draw rockets as drop models ?

Very nice Mandoble, that TOW system is just crying out to be implemented onto a Lynx.

As usual m8, superb.

i think there is little overlook in script suite in file

"mando_chaffflaredraw.sqf"

line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_script = mando_missile_path+"mando_flaremove.sqs";

should be

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_script = "mando_missiles\mando_flaremove.sqs";

guess leftover from .pbo variant smile_o.gif

script suite and addon use the very same set of code. mando_missile_path is defined by mando_missileinit.sqf depending on first parameter.

script suite and addon use the very same set of code. mando_missile_path is defined by mando_missileinit.sqf depending on first parameter.

excelent , i see You covered it ... silly me whistle.gif

BTW, forgot to say, your AI units with automatic countermeasure dispensers now will reload caff/flares is close enought to ammo trucks wink_o.gif

Mandoble,

Simply the BEST addon for ARMA so far (and thats taking ECS into account !wink_o.gif

Well done. You addon is SOOO good that I stayed up to 3am trying out all the demo missions !

Is is possible to AUTOMATICALLY override the default missiles WITHOUT changing mission files (via the .pbo) for instance? I never want to use default missiles ever again.

Keep up the good work.

[TAO] Kremator

BTW, forgot to say, your AI units with automatic countermeasure dispensers now will reload caff/flares is close enought to ammo trucks  wink_o.gif

omg amazing smile_o.gif ...

and player vehicles using automatic flares (i know bit weird q smile_o.gif))

and player vehicles using automatic flares (i know bit weird q smile_o.gif))

Too ...

Kremator, you will always need to touch someway the original mission, unless you run a mod which do something for every mission when it is loaded. Later I'll post a basic script to efectively switch all vanilla missiles into mando ones running a single basic script for all the mission.

Well .... I have gone and done it now ... been forced into the world of scripting ... BUT IT'S FUN !

OK sometimes it can be very frustrating but I have just got my first harrier to drop GBUs onto a laser ! I don't think any other addon would make me WANT to script.

Thanks Mandoble. Iam slowly going through all of your mission files etc to see how you did things then copy/paste them into mine ... AND IT'S WORKING.

Keep up teh good work.

[TAO] Kremator

thanks mando, as above I am actually getting into scripting now - I have managed to add a few patriots etc

looking forward to your script that will change all vanila units to the wonderfull world of mando missiles.

looking forward to your script that will change all vanila units to the wonderfull world of mando missiles.

This script is already there, look at the init field of the planes in mando_replacemissiles.Intro demo (mando_missiles\units\mando_onlymandoones.sqf). What I'll provide is a script that automatically executes that replacement for every vehicle in the map (quite easy to do btw).

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// Somewhere inside your init.sqf

if (isServer) then

{

{

if ((_x isKindOf "LandVehicle") || (_x isKindOf "Air") || (_x isKindOf "Ship")) then

{

// For each vehicle, plane, chopper or ship on the map

// Every missile fired against it becomes a mando one

_x SetVehicleInit "res = [This] execVM ""mando_missiles\units\mando_onlymandoones.sqf""";

if (_x isKindOf "Air") then

{

// If it is aerial, automatic countermeasures added with 1 sec reaction time

[_x, 600, 1, 1, false, 1]execVM"mando_missiles\units\mando_missileecm.sqf";

};

};

} forEach vehicles;

// All the new init commands processed everywhere.

processInitCommands;

};

Well, this method is a bit drastic. I prefer to customize each unit separatedly, as the players might want to have full control of their flares (or the whole missile system of their vehicles, planes, etc), instead of having them automatic.

Quote[/b] ]

Warning Message: Script mando_missiles\exhausts\mando_missilesmoke1a.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script mando_missiles\warheads\mando_missilehead1a.sqf not found

script suite used in mission, correct path

flares works fine the missile replacement seems too

any idea what's cause ?

yet clients get this message from time to time ...

Weird, in the 2.3 both scripts are there and these paths seem quite correct. Are all the clients getting the message? Try also setting first parameter of mando_missileinit.sqf to false.

Been using his pack effectively with your scripts Mandoble. Good stuff indeed.

[TAO] Kremator

Mando Missiles are brilliant but I am having a few problems. All I want is a BRDM (AT) to be set up as a SAM site. Everything I have tried has failed, only the demo missions will work. I am baffled.

Quite easy.

Case A: You are using mando missile addon (mando_missiles.pbo)

Add a mando_missile_arma gamelogic to your map and add the following to your init.sqf (lets say your BRDM is named sam1 and has an AI gunner)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// Init.sqf file

Sleep 1;

if (isServer) then

{

_disp = sam1;

_posunit = 1;

_ttype = ["Air"];

_quantity = 12;

_minrange = 500;

_maxrange = 3000;

_rof = 6;

_pos = [0, -3.5, 0.5];

_scan = 360;

_mink = 0;

_enemies = [west,sideEnemy];

_antimissile = false;

_fixed_firing_direction = false;

_initially_active = true;

[_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, _antimissile, _fixed_firing_direction, _initially_active, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_s300.sqs";

};

Case B: You are using the script suite.

Copy mando_missiles folder to your mission and create or modify your description.ext file to have the 3 needed include files (as in the demo missions).

Then create or modify your init.sqf to file (again, lets say your AI SAM is named sam1):

// Init.sqf file

[false]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

Sleep 1;

if (isServer) then

{

_disp = sam1;

_posunit = 1;

_ttype = ["Air"];

_quantity = 12;

_minrange = 500;

_maxrange = 3000;

_rof = 6;

_pos = [0, -3.5, 0.5];

_scan = 360;

_mink = 0;

_enemies = [west,sideEnemy];

_antimissile = false;

_fixed_firing_direction = false;

_initially_active = true;

[_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, _antimissile, _fixed_firing_direction, _initially_active, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_s300.sqs";

};

Now you can change the parameters at will, number of missiles, enemy sides, ranges, rate of fire, etc.

Note that you might "see" a lot of code there, but in fact you are only executing a simple script with many parameters.

Nope no joy. I must be really stupid.

(Trying to get AI gunner to fire)

May you explain a bit more what you are trying to do and how? Are you using the addon, are you using the script suite? Are your AI sam gunner in hold fire state? are your BRDM AT named sam1 (just for the example)? Do you have air targets (west side) closer than 3Km?

EDIT: Do you get any error from the init.sqf execution?

Using the script suite or addon I have no success setting up a BRDM named sam1. The AI gunner's behaviour is not set to anything and I have several west helicopters within 100 metres.

No errors shown I presume the init.sqf is running fine. .