Sign in to follow this  
kilo1-1

1.05?

After reading several posts on different boards, I have become weary in installing 1.05 (currently on 1.04). Has anyone encountered a FPS raise on 1.05?

The only thing it could do is cost you 40 minutes in time uninstalling and reinstalling after testing for 1/2 hour. I say just install it.

For me ArmA got finally playable with 1.05 (on an old computer). I'd say go for it! smile_o.gif

hahahaha

on "new" computer it can decrease performance as hell

on my PC (dualcore AMD X2 3800, 2 GB DDR2, VGA Nv 7900 256 ) performance went done so much that i don't play and i wait untill next patch

although i am addonmaker i quit this game untill it will be playable (as for now i decided to uninstal ARMA if next patch won't fix 1.05 bugs)

if you have slow computer - instal

if you have fast - read what people say, in many cases game become totaly unplayable

p.s.

i gave a lot of money to make my PC so silent as it can be (all pasive cooling)

before 1.05 i started game from emulation to avoid noise of disc in CDROM, after patch 1.05 game cannot be emulated, it requires inserting disc what annoys me (if i do missions or addons i have to make many game starts to test all)

before 1.05 when i tested units i could turn off game and back to windows

after 1.05 after turn off game back to system sometimes takes 10 seconds untill explorer and system responds

but if someone doesn't use emulation patch has better securing starforce now (in CZ and PL versions)

before 1.05 start after first time was impossible

while i had 1.02 game required even 11 retries to launch game (record id 14 "DVD authentity check failed, please insert orginal disc")

without emulation many people had problem with start and checking disc in our countries (here is starforce :/ )

after 1.05 it starts every time and this is bigest plus of this patch

Of course you install the latest patch. Didn't cause problems on my computer (slow one).

After reading several posts on different boards, I have become weary in installing 1.05 (currently on 1.04).  Has anyone encountered a FPS raise on 1.05?

If you want to keep up with the fixes and be able to play with other people in MP, 1.05 is a must.

Some people are still experiencing performance issues(depends on your rig), but in general it provides improvements in all aspects.

hahahaha

on "new" computer it can decrease performance as hell

on my PC (dualcore AMD X2 3800, 2 GB DDR2, VGA Nv 7900 256 ) performance went done so much that i don't play...

DualCore X2 3800 isn't really so new m8, and especially not that fast...

But the problems you are describing (slowdowns etc. etc.) i had only on Vista-64bit, after 1.05. XP-32bit runs fine after 1.05.

Besides, an Editor runs in Windowed Mode instead of fullscreen mode right (this should fix ur Alt-tab issues)?

My marginal PC took a performance hit with v1.05, but v1.05 fixed so much for MP play, it's essential. The game rocks.