Sign in to follow this  
Teliko

Shadow bug

When I'm in towns, some shadows just disappear, if the object is off screen. It's really annoying - and whatever level shadow detail it is, the shadows just keep disappearing...is there any way to fix this?

I've noticed this too. Also, when using the laser designator, looking around at buildings in cities can cause weird shadow shifts/anomalies and stuff... I think it's really just because there isn't any hardware on earth equipped to deal with the sheer number of different things this game is trying to render at once.. when shadows overlap this problem really becomes pronounced for me, although since setting shadow quality to Very High Ihaven't noticed the problem as much - can't say either way as of yet. OFP Elite does things like this to me with decals; the ground after a heavy rocket barrage looks like a disco hall on bad acid.

I've noticed this too. Also, when using the laser designator, looking around at buildings in cities can cause weird shadow shifts/anomalies and stuff... I think it's really just because there isn't any hardware on earth equipped to deal with the sheer number of different things this game is trying to render at once.. when shadows overlap this problem really becomes pronounced for me, although since setting shadow quality to Very High Ihaven't noticed the problem as much - can't say either way as of yet. OFP Elite does things like this to me with decals; the ground after a heavy rocket barrage looks like a disco hall on bad acid.

Hmm not noticed this on very high, are you running shaders v high as well?