Sign in to follow this  
binkster

MFCTI Beta Download

after game starts #lock server command if someone loses connection and trys to reconnect you get a failed connect message and use the #unlock command to let them in

Ive been talking to some people and its possible to write some scripts to keep people from switching sides just like if you play evolution and leave then come back u still have your score.  

I think the howizter is a good idea but who is going to script that.  I sure cant.  The mortar scripts are pretty complex I dont think they will work with the howizter.

well the howitzer can do a full 360 Degree spin and pretty much point up like the mortar from OFP

Are the 'mortars' supposed to spawn anyplace or just around the MHQ?

If it's just at the MHQ, why not plop an AI in the howitzer and just leave them as stationary defense?

In the OLD OFP is was 2 or 3 side by side on the part of the base with no buildings

I tried to download the mission about 2 days, but wglcti.com ist not reachable for me. Does anyone have the same problem or is the site simply down ?

Ive been talking to some people and its possible to write some scripts to keep people from switching sides just like if you play evolution and leave then come back u still have your score.

I think the howizter is a good idea but who is going to script that. I sure cant. The mortar scripts are pretty complex I dont think they will work with the howizter.

I don't know for sure, what’s the range on the howitzer?

Couldn't we create a simple “onmapclick†command where an invisible target is placed.

Then type “howitzer knowsabout targetâ€

Then it's ordered to target and fire on it?

I know a similar script existed in OFP to increase the snipers range

Sounds simple, I’ll give it a go.

I think the howizter is a good idea but who is going to script that.  I sure cant.  The mortar scripts are pretty complex I dont think they will work with the howizter.

I don't know for sure, what’s the range on the howitzer?

Couldn't we create a simple “onmapclick†command where an invisible target is placed.

Then type “howitzer knowsabout targetâ€

Then it's ordered to target and fire on it?

I know a similar script existed in OFP to increase the snipers range

Sounds simple, I’ll give it a go.

I will add the howizter to the addon and then put it in mission and test it. Maybe old mortar scripts will work.

If it does work the only problem I see would be the Coordinates how you say well while testing and Being the Officer and Instructing say Group Foxtrot Move to say GG57 then u look and see that ur Coordinate is actually more SW and in a different area all together. Has happened when I was a commander may of been just coincidence but will test it again later tonight

a bit off topic but, the howitzer is a towable cannon in real life, can it be towed in ArmA?

bla ok wgcti fourms are bugted for me i cant get on em.

bug list i made

non jip errors

when ai mouths gun does not show ai/gun just shows gun.

Jip errors

1. voteing is nto a public array

2. money is not a public array

3. commanders upgrandes not a array

when joing a game i get stuck and im looking at map i can move around but evan if i die or rejoin shows map all the time.

ok can we get a game going on this saterday or friday and evryone has to be thare a x time or we lock server im just

waiting on binksters secdule and release.

i switched the mfcti server to our new box becuse on our celeron the cpu was at 100% and on the opteron its at 50% with 45fps.

a bit off topic but, the howitzer is a towable cannon in real life, can it be towed in ArmA?

no towable animation or packed animation in the game sorry to say

probally can be towed threw scripts but we need somone who know how to script

PS: nice avtar i had to swipe it rofl.gif

i know im a thief tounge2.gif

Just noticed something it seems with ur new COOP there is no longer grass drawed crazy_o.gif Like PVP Version

probally can be towed threw scripts but we need somone who know how to script

PS: nice avtar i had to swipe it  rofl.gif

i know im a thief  tounge2.gif

LOL. I nicked it myself! biggrin_o.gif

Just noticed something it seems with ur new COOP there is no longer grass drawed  crazy_o.gif Like PVP Version

Yea I turned it off in the init.sqs

Some players having a hard time with the grass on?

This is beta, so eyecandy stuff is least of my worries. I plan to put options in login screen for like fastgame no grass. Or like WestCoop/No grass or westcoop/halfgrass.

Just noticed something it seems with ur new COOP there is no longer grass drawed  crazy_o.gif Like PVP Version

you can turn the grass off? <---D'uh

Whats the command?

you can turn the grass off? <---D'uh

Whats the command?

setTerrainGrid 50 Or check different ways At The Wiki

Edit: Also Im not going to work on this anymore since MIKE MELVIN himself is working on converting with new features (took him long enough lol).

Ive learned alot converting this and thanks for all the people who helped.

You can read about his update HERE

This is great news, so be ready for some Good old fashion Squad vs Squad....

Well thats good news thought thanks tho Binkster for your valiant effort it made me not put arma down after playing the Campaign.

setTerrainGrid 50 Or check different ways At The Wiki

Edit: Also Im not going to work on this anymore since MIKE MELVIN himself is working on converting with new features (took him long enough lol).

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Thanks Binkster

Has anyone been able to get this to work with Chammy's Sound Mod?

While I'm here let me ask something else as well:

After using the repair truck to build a Heli-pad, I noticed we get some uh-60's landing to pick up troops...is there anyway to send some sort of request to be picked up by chopper and brought back to home base whenever you like? ( when playing in coop & not as commander)

Thank you!

I am using the CSM Mod Bigshot with MFCTI works very well with it but of course the server will have to have it for it to allow you on