Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Ebud's SF's

To Clavicula_nox4817,

I am well aquitted with those facts and the way Spec Ops work as I do work for the Department of Defense.  The request was just that, a request for an addon to use in a computer game.  I don't intend to use SF personnel with thier "Green Beret" on in a actual combat mission but for training situation and eye candy.  As you pointed out, I would use them during those situations when they do not leave the wire, such as training roles to friendly countries.   Or in cut scenes and other such map making ventures.  As the list of addons and islands grow I can see where this could be used and quite frankly Vietnam Mission were quite popular in OFP and will no doubt be popular in the future.  In regards to the Beret facing the wrong way, this is quite frankly a trivial thing in absence of the new modding tools.  I do not understand the need for the hostile remark but I will give you the benefit of doubt that it was not your intent or your vision on the use of such addon is not as board as mine.

Dear EBud,

I would like to thank you for your work, effort in developing such addons.

To Clavicula_nox4817,

I am well aquitted with those facts and the way Spec Ops work as I do work for the Department of Defense.  The request was just that, a request for an addon to use in a computer game.  I don't intend to use SF personnel with thier "Green Beret" on in a actual combat mission but for training situation and eye candy.  As you pointed out, I would use them during those situations when they do not leave the wire, such as training roles to friendly countries.   Or in cut scenes and other such map making ventures.  As the list of addons and islands grow I can see where this could be used and quite frankly Vietnam Mission were quite popular in OFP and will no doubt be popular in the future.  In regards to the Beret facing the wrong way, this is quite frankly a trivial thing in absence of the new modding tools.  I do not understand your need for your hostile remark but I will give you the benefit of doubt that your view is not a board as mine.

Sorry, my post was quite a bit harsher than I intended. I guess I get irritated when I or another person who is quite a bit qualified to answer a question or give input is argued with by someone who posts a random Youtube video or something.

I pre-emptively assumed that would happen. Sorry.

Personally, the beret facing the wrong way would never allow me to make anything with our insignia on it. I would look at it and cringe. I look at the RACS "Ribola" officer, and the fact that he is covered in random US Army insignia (including the SF crest), or the SLA pilots wearing Air Assault wings, all of that just makes me cringe.

Plus, I had a bad landing on a jump a few hours ago so I'm in a bad mood anyways.

*edit*

Read my post again, and shit, I'm sorry again for being an asshole.

NP, I understand fully and we all have bad days.  Working in that five sided puzzle palace I have had my fair share as well.  But I think we could agree that having one Spec OPs addon package that includes as many of the Special Operators from all the branches of the services would be a nice feature.  And who knows maybe someone will see what we are talking about and will correct the Beret.  

It would indeed be nice if we could get the Flash on the left side of the beret, along with the correct "Fold" or "Lie".  I can't stand the pizzia hat looks either, I always hated having to break in a new one.  And I will not lie to you I would be estatic to see the some USAF PJs, Security Forces and Command Controllers make it into a addon pack, because that was the service I was in before I retired and took this GS-12 Job.  I will admit it, I am proud of my branch of service what they can do, and can bring to the table.  Now if we could get the BAS heliocopters ported over, a Jolly Green, a few of those AFSOC C-130s.... sorry for my rambling.

I hope you will get well quick and "GO GREEN MACHINE!"

I kept these generic for a few reasons.

Custom units for each branch and specific units within that branch greatly increase the size of the addon. This addon by itself is over 90 megs. Now add in all the extra stuff your asking about. Not that many people would like to download a 400 meg addon even if it covers a broad range of units. I did this already with VTE. I had Seals, Force Recon, LRRPS, SF, SOG, the list goes on. And from what I could tell it got very very little use even from Nam era players. The models were to me, the best done in OFP, same for the textures, but it was to me, a case of too many options and too big of a DL, or so it seemed to me.

Also what if someone JUST wanted say, PJs. Should they have to DL a 400meg addon just to play with them?

Then I wanted to create sample missions for each type of unit. Now multiply those by the number of extra units. Thats more work than I'm willing to do.

It also took a couple of months to make them, and by the end I just wanted them out as fast as I could get them out the door.

Then, lastly, all the source texture files are gone from a case of a botched late night backup disaster.

So, as much as I like the idea, I'm not going to be the one doing them. Just wait. Once the tools eventually come out I bet you'll see a whole bunch of Seals, PJs, CCTs, etc.

edit: Also, right now, to add all of the things your asking, they would just be reskins and it just wouldn't be quite right. Your better off waiting for units with custom modeling.

So this means we won't be getting new SF guys from you? all the hard work we've done for you, and this s how you repay us? this is a very sad day.

sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hello ebutt,

I want

New gear models

New weapon models

Better textures for all new models

I want Delta Force models

I want Navy SEALs

I want United States Special Operations Command ( USSOCOM ) Parachute Team

I want USMC Scout / Snipers

You'll get nothing and like it.

nice caddyshack reference. smile_o.gif

Spalding?

To Clavicula_nox4817,

I am well aquitted with those facts and the way Spec Ops work as I do work for the Department of Defense.  The request was just that, a request for an addon to use in a computer game.  I don't intend to use SF personnel with thier "Green Beret" on in a actual combat mission but for training situation and eye candy.  As you pointed out, I would use them during those situations when they do not leave the wire, such as training roles to friendly countries.   Or in cut scenes and other such map making ventures.  As the list of addons and islands grow I can see where this could be used and quite frankly Vietnam Mission were quite popular in OFP and will no doubt be popular in the future.  In regards to the Beret facing the wrong way, this is quite frankly a trivial thing in absence of the new modding tools.  I do not understand the need for the hostile remark but I will give you the benefit of doubt that it was not your intent or your vision on the use of such addon is not as board as mine.

Dear EBud,

Outside of a dinner at an embassy, and those are often out of uniform now, I don't recall wearing a beret during training. The exceptions to this were and are working at Bank Hall at SWC (USAJFKSWCS) - this includes associated facilities, or else doing a static display for visiting dignitaries or a presentation (aka dog and pony show)...and that isn't even training.

The beret is a garrison headgear and not one worn in a training situation, even inside the wire in another country. Initial introductions to students entering a training evolution such as SFAS may find cadre wearing berets - for example initial arrivals at Mackall. This is done for impact. Otherwise, it is PCs and boonie caps.

Spalding?

yes.

BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing your continued work on this pack.

To Clavicula_nox4817,

I am well aquitted with those facts and the way Spec Ops work as I do work for the Department of Defense. The request was just that, a request for an addon to use in a computer game. I don't intend to use SF personnel with thier "Green Beret" on in a actual combat mission but for training situation and eye candy. As you pointed out, I would use them during those situations when they do not leave the wire, such as training roles to friendly countries. Or in cut scenes and other such map making ventures. As the list of addons and islands grow I can see where this could be used and quite frankly Vietnam Mission were quite popular in OFP and will no doubt be popular in the future. In regards to the Beret facing the wrong way, this is quite frankly a trivial thing in absence of the new modding tools. I do not understand the need for the hostile remark but I will give you the benefit of doubt that it was not your intent or your vision on the use of such addon is not as board as mine.

Dear EBud,

Outside of a dinner at an embassy, and those are often out of uniform now, I don't recall wearing a beret during training. The exceptions to this were and are working at Bank Hall at SWC (USAJFKSWCS) - this includes associated facilities, or else doing a static display for visiting dignitaries or a presentation (aka dog and pony show)...and that isn't even training.

The beret is a garrison headgear and not one worn in a training situation, even inside the wire in another country. Initial introductions to students entering a training evolution such as SFAS may find cadre wearing berets - for example initial arrivals at Mackall. This is done for impact. Otherwise, it is PCs and boonie caps.

Thanks for the clearing that up Hatchet. Nice to see you around here.

/JTF-2.

Same Hatchetforce from VBS1 boards?

Your informative posts are always appreciated from an outsiders perspective

Same Hatchetforce from VBS1 boards?

Your informative posts are always appreciated from an outsiders perspective

That's affirmative.

Awesome work.  I especially like the CQB version.  This was one of the first addons I have downloaded and one of my favorites.  The only thing I could even say in hopes of making this addon better would simply be a request for headgear, possibly a model without a helmet, maybe one with a patrol cap or ball cap, or one of my favorites the drive-on rag.   smile_o.gif  Anyway awesome work in any event  smile_o.gif

Have a good 'un

imnew so dont flame but is that Iraq mod thing out yet,or able to Download ME WANT

Awesome work. I especially like the CQB version. This was one of the first addons I have downloaded and one of my favorites. The only thing I could even say in hopes of making this addon better would simply be a request for headgear, possibly a model without a helmet, maybe one with a patrol cap or ball cap, or one of my favorites the drive-on rag. smile_o.gif Anyway awesome work in any event smile_o.gif

Have a good 'un

Yeah, headgear like that ala OFP's ole Black Ops addon would be fuckin sweet.

Hey Ebud. smile_o.gif

You aren't up for making the Delta Force (anno 1993) units from Black Hawk Down though?

Some screens from BHD featuring the Delta's:

deltasz9.th.jpg

delta1qu7.th.jpg

delta2jd4.th.jpg

delta3aq3.th.jpg

delta4du5.th.jpg

That would have been great really. Maybe the do the Rangers aswell. (?)

Yeah, I have a new version with the new helmets from 1.08, but no time to finish and release them sad_o.gif

Yeah, I have a new version with the new helmets from 1.08, but no time to finish and release them sad_o.gif

Never at all? confused_o.gifsad_o.gif Or maybe sometime later?

Please, m8. They would probably fit great on the PMC Mogadishu Map. wink_o.gif

Well do the old release work with 1.08? im really looking forward to a new replacement pack for SF?

No time Ebud? Pffffft...put RL1.0 and your other mods on hold!

Jokes mate - seriously - all the stuff you do is quality - good luck with it all! notworthy.gif

Is there any way to get these models working in pre-existing missions (Such as Evolution?) If there is, someone help me out on how to do it!