Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

How to setup the tools

Indeed a good idea to post that here... thanks smile_o.gif

I can write installer program for toolset using "Nullsoft installer", if it is ok with BIS (it's open source "zlib" license so that shouldn't be an issue). Only hard part is finding out what files are actually required for functional installation and what is leftovers from development and maybe reorganizing some like Maya plugin to more descriptive folder names.

Generating .bat file with proper subst commands according to what directory user selected at installation is fairly easy too.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"># CWR test script

Name "Oxygen 2.0"

OutFile "Oxygen2Setup.exe"

InstallDir "C:\BIS\"

#InstallDir "C:\$PROGRAMFILES\Bohemia Interactive\Mod tools"

Page Directory

Page InstFiles

Section

SetOutPath $INSTDIR

File /r BinMake

File /r TexConvert

File /r Oxygen

# texViewNEW.inf

WriteRegStr HKLM "Software\BIStudio\TextureConvert" "configPath" "$INSTDIR\TexConvert\TexConvert.cfg"

# binMakeNEW.inf

WriteRegStr HKLM "Software\BIStudio\BinMake" "path" "$INSTDIR\BinMake\"

WriteRegStr HKLM "Software\BIStudio\BinMake" "exe" "$INSTDIR\BinMake\BinMake.exe"

WriteRegStr HKLM "Software\BIStudio\BinMake" "binarize" "$INSTDIR\BinMake\binMakeRules.txt"

ClearErrors

FileOpen $0 $INSTDIR\mapDrives.bat w

IfErrors doneMapDrives

FileWrite $0 "subst p: $INSTDIR\Project$\r$\n"

FileWrite $0 "subst u: $INSTDIR\u$\r$\n"

FileWrite $0 "subst b: $INSTDIR\b$\r$\n"

FileClose $0

doneMapDrives:

SectionEnd

I can write installer program for toolset using "Nullsoft installer", if it is ok with BIS (it's open source "zlib" license so that shouldn't be an issue). Only hard part is finding out what files are actually required for functional installation and what is leftovers from development and maybe reorganizing some like Maya plugin to more descriptive folder names.

Install the whole thing with just a few clicks? No more frigging commandline mumbo-jumbo? No more finding the correct .inf file?

If you could do that I would merry you (if I wouldn't be already that is). inlove.gif

If you could do that I would merry you (if I wouldn't be already that is). inlove.gif

You can merry as many people as you wish. wow_o.gif Marrying them would be a different story, though. smile_o.gif

You can merry as many people as you wish. wow_o.gif Marrying them would be a different story, though. smile_o.gif

Haha now that's a good point, indeed. whistle.gif

I am having an issue with buldozer. When trying to preview a model in buldozer I get a popup window (rundll32.exe) I think is binMake comes up with the following error "X:\Finalize\Pal2PacE.exe returned error -1".

error.jpg

I have the tools setup as shown on the wiki but I didnt when I first installed them. When I got the tools I set them up on a X: drive. When that wiki page was finished I moved my folders to the appropriate places. Now when I try to use buldozer I get the above error. I have gone thru my registry changing anything pointing at X: to P: but that didnt seem to help. Does anyone know how this can be fixed without me doing a complete operating system reinstall?

Also another little problem. Every time I reboot I loose my drives I made with the DOS subst commands. Is this normal? Do I need to drop the bat file I made into my startup folder so I dont have to run it everytime my computer is rebooted?

I can't help you with the first question, but yes it's normal you lose the drives after a reboot.

Moving the batch file to your autostart folder is a solution.

I managed to fix my problem with binMake. In binMakeRules.txt it is looking for Pal2PacE.exe in X:\Finalize. I just copied the tex folder to my x: drive and renamed it finalize. Now all tga textures are converted as should be when viewing with buldozer.