Sign in to follow this  
-Puma-

M4 mods

When I first played the game 1.00, I was shocked to see that the m4 mods didn't actually work. I searched all over the net to fond out if there's a keybind to use eg. flashlight, wich is modelled in the

m4 "sopmod" , and laser range finder, but didnt find anything and came to conclusion that they don't work.

So the Q is do any of u know if bis is making em work, in future patches xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifhuh.gif

If not then maybe we have to make em work ourselves

welcome.gifwelcome.gif

I dont think that BIS will implement flashlight or laser.... well, Im quite sure they wont.

They released 3-4 patches since 1.00 andt thus had the opportunity to fix that and didnt, and this is no bug actually.

As for the community made M4's PLEASE DONT....

Remember Flashpoint beeing invaded and overrun by self made M4s. banghead.gif

I could throw up when I hear M4 ...

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Mar. 23 2007,06:44)]I dont think that BIS will implement flashlight or laser.... well, Im quite sure they wont.

They released 3-4 patches since 1.00 andt thus had the opportunity to fix that and didnt, and this is no bug actually.

As for the community made M4's PLEASE DONT....

Remember Flashpoint beeing invaded and overrun by self made M4s. banghead.gif

I could throw up when I hear M4 ...

Well, then it's a good thing you don't have to download those addons. Don't you love the whole concept of 'choice'? Quite fascinating, isn't it?

Arch.

It would be great to have the above mentioned M4 Mods working, hopefully one day either BI or the community can figure something to turn them on wink_o.gif .

One thing that did surprise me though is the lack of pimped out weapons in ArmA wink_o.gif , you actually get more M4 mods in Americas Army. I'm not talking unrealistic stuff but things like an MP5 with an aimpoint and laser range finder etc.. Its not a show stopper or anything especially considering that there are mods being developed with some pretty tripped out weapons but its just a little surprising as I never came to ArmA after playong OFP.

Lol just the title of this thread brought me back to the days of OFP M4 syndrome

They're not usefull since you can have crosshairs enabled and use nvg's.

Its also more complex than what it sounds because of a.i. and other things like performance and poor artificial lighting behaviour.

Person A says it would be nice to have a working flashlight atachment.

Even with it being far from remotely usefull BIS implements it.

Persons B, C, D... open countless threads saying how stupid it is for the a.i. not to detect the player if he aims his tac light at their faces, they demand it to be fixed asap, they say the game is terrible because of this and will uninstall it and the usual stuff icon_rolleyes.gif .

ArmA's gameplay doesnt need tac lights smile_o.gif .

It would be great to have the above mentioned M4 Mods working, hopefully one day either BI or the community can figure something to turn them on wink_o.gif .

One thing that did surprise me though is the lack of pimped out weapons in ArmA wink_o.gif , you actually get more M4 mods in Americas Army. I'm not talking unrealistic stuff but things like an MP5 with an aimpoint and laser range finder etc.. Its not a show stopper or anything especially considering that there are mods being developed with some pretty tripped out weapons but its just a little surprising as I never came to ArmA after playong OFP.

Because of Americas Army, I was thinking the whole mod thing.

Armed Assault being the "ultimate military sim" , 1 would think we could mod ( i mean install) parts to our weapons, like IRL.

The biggest letdown in ArmA was, that laser rangefinder and flashlight didn't work banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Instead we got all the basic stuff like supressor, and 2 scopes.

IM hoping if Jackal could get this stuff to work in his weapon pack,

I like the bi-pod he made, so all hope is not lost yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

People lets choose the correct forum to post in.

It seems that there are so many variants built onto the M4

system that one could mod' from now until the cows come

home and still not cover them all. I don't really see how

a multiplicity of M4 mods harms the game.

Quote[/b] ]

One thing that did surprise me though is the lack of pimped out weapons in ArmA wink_o.gif [...] things like [...] an aimpoint and laser range finder etc..

I was a bit disappointed that more modern high-tech military

kit wasn't included "out of the box". In fact the level of

technology in the game is no further advanced than

Flashpoint's (ie. mostly about equal to that of the 1950s or

early 1960s - with image intensifiers being the highest

technology).  Where are the laser range finders, the thermal

imaging sights, missiles that actually guide, the recce UAVs?

Where, in other words, is the modern battlespace? ArmA may

as well be about the Korean War! sad_o.gif

agreed, would it be cool if SF had the option to mount the bigass IR scope in M4/m16, and infantry's eg. shotgun, front handle, flashlight??? Right now it's just lame: every1 uses acog, with m203,

or sniper. The real shame is that the flashlight is right there under ur sopmod, but can't ##/&% use it lol

Hi, one of the pointless things concerning the M4/M16's in the game,

is that they didn't added any M16A4 Aimpoint; the Master Key equipped

M4's/M16's are quite "pointless" without a door that breach properly,

if you reload a x20 rounds mag on a M4SD, it keeps showing a x30

on the model. Same with the SD ammo & not SD, it don't removes

the silencer or add it, it just have tracers or don't.

But anyway... i really doubt that we ever get to see any working

attachment to any weapon in the ArmA at least from BIS. Will be

good... but i think that they'll never do it, they should fix the million

of bugs still present in the game; and before do (if were possible)

that the attachments work, i think that they should add more

weapons to the game, like M1A Scout, M21 RIS, M25 and some

more european weapons, FAL, G3, CETME etc etc. Let's C ya

well the army (blufor) is american, and thus should use american equipment. Let all the rest weapons be in addons. But ATLEAST, what BIS could do for us is make the flashlight and laser rangefinder to work, as they allready modelled them in the game. I dont know shit about coding etc. but think it's not so hard to do.

Another thing I'd like to know is why they removed the "full auto" from the M4A1 Acog 203? Now you have two guns that are exactly the same where as before you'd have a reason for choosing the M4 203 with or with out Full auto. Seems like a move in the wrong direction.

I haven't noticed they removed full auto. As I remember correctly the sopmod is still full auto.

The weapon depicted ingame is just a basic M4, which fires safe-semi-burst, not an M4A1 which would fire safe-semi-auto. So in that regard its coding is accurate.

jackal Have u tought about putting flashlight, laser range finders eg. in ur weapon pack??? Maybe if it's not too hard to do to implement Americas Army style weapon modding, where a player would mount mods to his rifle, the way he wanted???

If I could figure out how to get proxys on weapons to work, and how to define them I imagine it would be a whole lot easier. As for getting flash-lights/lasers to work, well, thats a whole different ball-game entirely.

I pictured the scenario, like we have a screen wich shows the default M4(without any of the mods seen) where u could choose what modifications u want to install on ur weapon.

This is just my imagination,but I think it's not too hard to do, and would add a whole another world to Arma, like with the entry tools

we could have a infantry team breaching a house with pointman having M4 with breaching shotgun mounted in it. This picatinny rail mod allows soldiers to attach allkind of mods to his weapon IRL and I would love to see it in ArmA

I haven't noticed they removed full auto. As I remember correctly the sopmod is still full auto.

I'm referring to the M4A1 M203 ACOG that prior to the 1.05 patch had full auto capability but now its exactly the same as the M4 M203.

Then learn to code and do it wink_o.gif

I was just giving u a few ideas dude xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

I know, but thats what a lot of people do expecting it to be easy because they have little idea of what is involved.

The laser sight you see is supposed to be an AN/PEQ-5, an invisble laser sight. You would only see it w/image intensifiers and thermal vision. It is primarily for ranges 100m and under, and it's advantage is allowing accurate fire without having to sight your weapon.

It is a significant modification that should be represented, along with the AN/PAS-13 TWS, allowing DRASTICALLY improved target aquisition traded off with less ability to identify your targets.

ACOG and Aimpoint are in there, as they should. The army is standardizing the M68, and the Marines are looking to give every Marine a scoped rifle, likely the ACOG line of sights.

M4 is not full auto, M4A1 is. This is the same as RL.

There needs to be a sight for the grenade laucher. You do not fire explosive ordinance off without sighting it. There is no room for guessing, and the fact that there is no sight is abject silliness.

The javelin needs to be fixed NOW. Unless you are in woodlands or heavily populated urban landscapes, you are not much of a threat to any armored vehicle with an M136. This is basically OFP right now with different names for stuff. The way most people have to run it, it looks about the same as OFP, too.

But this game has INCREDIBLE potential. I hope BIS steps up support, not only to squash bugs, but to introduce more features.

As they threw the 1.05 patch out for the DL'able English version's release. I believe you will see the next patch around the American release by Atari late April to early May. I haven't heard this from anyone, it's just a feeling.