Sign in to follow this  
walker

Fond Farewell to OFP from ArmA

Hi all

I beg the indulgence of the moddies.

From an OFP Fan and now an ArmA Fan

I wanted to bring this Film to the attention of the ArmA community.

Let us remember our roots:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0dIqajtIkTQ&mode=related&search=

There it is sitting gathering dust on my book shelf

Rest in Peace Operation Flashpoint

I can not believe it tears in my eyes like a big wuss.

Those who want to pass on their condolenses please do so here.

Kind Regards walker

Be ye not of sorrowful heart but rejoice in the rebirth of OFP...

All praise ARMA

biggrin_o.gif

Personally I was glad to replace OFP with ArmA smile_o.gif .

We are not losing anything, even the original islands and campaigns will be ported over soon enough. ArmA is OFP, bigger and better with a new name. I just see ArmA as an upgrade to the best game ever made notworthy.gif .

a beautiful video

but sentiment misplaced

people will return to ofp one day when the pc can handle it

the stubborn fooker even lagged in that vid like a bitch.

Arma will never replace ofp Arma is a mainstream game.

Game2 may well replace ofp . But arma never can

i personally now play arma 1.02 twice a week and ofp the other 5

I second deanosbeano's statements.

You can't say there was no marketing for OFP.

Every player who was in military sims knew about it before.

What are you figures based one?

32000 addons vs. 3200 missions seems odd to me.

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Beautiful video, Walker!!!

I must make a confession: I vowed not to touch ArmA before I homage OFP with a video and maybe something else as well. The machinima is finally in the works and does tie in to ArmA a bit, but OFP is the first game I reinstall everytime I sweep clean!!!

ALL HAIL OFP!!! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

The King is not dead, for the prince hasn't managed to slay it completely, so to speak.

Let's just hope that CWCR will be able to bring OFP back to ArmA!

touching indeed

bit empty though, thus exactly stressing what Arma 'out of the box' improved in relation to original OFP

Awesome video mate, very touching ... brought back all those OFP memories smile_o.gif

no need to put anything in it, stay like that as thats what we did for almost 6 years now: just fire up the editor to watch the beautiful islands

anyway, i am watching this video with a smile, its to say thankyou to the greatest game ever made, and there is notthing should be sad at all

now lets have best wishes to ArmA to stay the same path, to became the game so great, like its big brother

cheers smile_o.gif

I swear i saw the spot I was in when my last girlfriend broke up with me in that flyby sad_o.gif

Nice video bro! Kinda like when I go into OFP forums and the new mods just aint gettin the same fanfare they once did and you just get that sinking ship feeling...

Ah well, bring on the new smile_o.gif

Oh walker, your such a romantic!   boohoo.gif

Very touching indeed! However, OFP will be born again bigger, better and much prettier when CWC gets ported into ArmA!  wink_o.gif

Life is all about moving forward and leaving the past behind. Human memory is very selective; we only ever remember the good times. The bugs, the slide shows, the crappy textures are all lost and forgiven! Flowers.gif   biggrin_o.gif

Oh my tear in my eye.

I feel like i have been cheating my woman running after some blonde bimbo with big tits and blue eyes firefoxlover.gif

Do i even still have a copy OFP?..... i feel ashamed goodnight.gif

well now I feel comfortable about arma's future

I personally am still loyal to OFP. In my eyes ArmA was a mess-up. Although I have to admit that the atmosphere is not too bad in ArmA, it still is not good enough compared to OFP.

I thank BIS that they released a pre-mature game and brought me back to OFP again. I was faithful for 5,5 years to OFP and I truly love the game and every little thing at it. And I am ashamed that I fell for ArmA and betrayed my true OFP ... but finally Im glad that now I re-found my love for this piece of beauty.

And thanks for the video, it was cool.

ArmA has a looooong way to go before it reaches OFP's status in playability and fun factor...

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Mar. 23 2007,22:53)]I personally am still loyal to OFP. In my eyes ArmA was a mess-up. Although I have to admit that the atmosphere is not too bad in ArmA, it still is not good enough compared to OFP.

I thank BIS that they released a pre-mature game and brought me back to OFP again. I was faithful for 5,5 years to OFP and I truly love the game and every little thing at it. And I am ashamed that I fell for ArmA and betrayed my true OFP ... but finally Im glad that now I re-found my love for this piece of beauty.

And thanks for the video, it was cool.

lol? do you make love to your video game box or something?!?!anyways its time for change man! and ArmA is that! just with time and the community. Bugs will be ironed out and uber mods will be made bigger and better than OFP. Without change we would all still be playing pac man. I personally still play OFP very occasionally when I want to mess around with all the mods I have with it due to ArmA having very few mods(RELEASE THE DARN TOOLS!!!!)but in time ill stop playing it. Bring on the good times in ArmA!

I TRULY do not understand how people can say OFP is better than ArmA. I played OFP since March 2001 and loved it but come on! If you say it's performance, I say it runs VERY well for me. If you say it's the campaign, I say I play the editor (just like in OFP). If you say it's the bugs, I say OFP v1.11. And who can forget the "formatting hard drive bug"?

I don't get it. I left OFP the day I received my ArmA DVD and have not looked back.

--Ben

That lovelly video made me remember the good old times i had with OFP wink_o.gif

Thank you m8! Very apreciated smile_o.gif

OoOhhhh I can't Believe Kolgujev cheated on me twas my favorite

inlove.gif ah well hail to the king and it'll be a while till ARMA lives up

to it like 6 years thats how long OFP took oh well notworthy.gif

ppl mock Arma being slower then OFP, but keep in mind that the island itself is much bigger then .nog and its holds more buildings,

coming on BI release the tools and let the CWR team start moving about!!! crazy_o.gif

ppl mock Arma being slower then OFP,

It's only slower than OFP if you have a crap PC. I could never run OFP smoothly with 200 units battling it out, and a 4k viewdistance didn't go down so well either. ArmA handles that stuff easily.

The video did bring back some memories, but we will be able to explore those islands in ArmA again. smile_o.gif