Sign in to follow this  
mrn

Dynamic War

Maybe MrN can make one version with that island, or explais us how to change it.

hi all,

Just got these missions today and I like Then, Took me half-an-hour to figure out, wot the guys in the where for, before i got me missions (nice touch ).

Missied these maps on opf for some reason.

Penfolde

I've accidentally deleted a mission from my mission folder, the library mission. my game is the german downloaded version with 1.05 patch. I am afraid I'll have issues when I patch next time, can someone post it as a download or send it to me?

Quote[/b] ]I've accidentally deleted a mission from my mission folder, the library mission. my game is the german downloaded version with 1.05 patch. I am afraid I'll have issues when I patch next time, can someone post it as  a download or send it to me?

Umm if you mean you deleted the Library mission out of the folder, why are you posting the request here?

I sympathise i really do but this post should go into the "official missions" section of the forum.

Have just looked at some of the posts you are making and it seems you have a bit of a problem not reading the front page of a thread, and asking questions that have been answered one or two posts earlier. And now a new one posting in completely the wrong thread with unrelated stuff.

If we all show a bit of common sense life becomes easier wink_o.gif

Best regards

Bootleg

Quote[/b] ]Maybe MrN can make one version with that island, or explais us how to change it.

The next version will have a text document explaining what files to change to tweak the addons to how you want. Without wishing to sound grumpy about it I'm not going to get into changing islands/units until I've got the mission into a state where I'm completely happy with it and that damn savegame works properly!

Changing islands in theory isn't that difficult but I would suggest getting familiar with how the editor and scripts works before digging around in this mission trying to change stuff. Trust me, your sanity will suffer! crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Took me half-an-hour to figure out, wot the guys in the where for, before i got me missions

Lol, I had exactly the same problem when I first tried one of these missions in OFP.

Latest beta reports are that the savegame is still borked but is playing better so an update is imminent with an additional surprise coming volunteered from a third party.

Killerwhale, I suggest you post your issue in the troubleshooting or official mission threads. I expect you will need to reinstall due to licensing issues with posting official stuff for download. Also I appreciate that english may not be your first language but:

Quote[/b] ]your entire reply is fetish, worthless. get lost

isn't going to win you friends. smile_o.gif

Cheers

Hello,

Just noticed this in the version you sent me

stack.jpg

Mission was Ambush.

Not sure if it's clear, but its a circular group of enemy troops.

they stand and lie, but do not move, even when engaged.

Don't know if this is a mission error or an arma error, or if it can be reproduced, but was quite interesting smile_o.gif

Also, on a "Patrol" mission, once you complete the mission but are still "in field", if you use the map and click on the ticked patrol "logo" on the notepad, the map centers on your broomcupboard.

Not really an error, but thought i'd point it out.

Other than that everything seems fine smile_o.gif

Far faster now, only a second or two of initial lag at the very beginning of campaign, which is barely noticeable.

Sorry to publicly post, but i had props pm'ing you for some reason.

Rgds

LoK

Quote[/b] ]Not sure if it's clear, but its a circular group of enemy troops.

Hehe, looks like they're having a group hug! I've had a look at the Ambush scripts but I can't find anything that would cause it. I'll have to put it down to a "one-off". Looks quite amusing though.

The markers do need attention but that's a bit boring in comparison to everything else I have to do.

Don't suppose you had a chance to try the savegame? It seems to be working intermittantly.

Thanks for the feedback.

Any hint about how to finish the very first mission ?

I only tried once so far, going largely to the south. I prefered not to enter the base through the bridge (may be a bad choice) but my squad was reduce bit by bit from the ongoing fight, first in the few woods then near the southeast corner of the base, being attacked by T-72s, Shilka and lots of men.

Should I try a rush-get the pow-flee way ? I also noticed that my radio is mentionning 3 save left (what is it for as I can save through the menu?), missile (I thought it was not available for the first mission) and artillery (should I really bomb the camp!!??).

So far, this mission seems so have a great potential !! It would be so nice to be able to play it in multiplayer.

killerwhale, +2 WL for flaming. If you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself.

Quote[/b] ]Any hint about how to finish the very first mission ?

The missions are random so they vary and it sounds like you've got a bitch of a mission to start with! I'd recommend a restart, there are a lot of dudes that move out from that base, if you have it quite early on you'll have to contend with all of them.

For the moment I don't have any plans for a MP conversion, I'm sure there's better scripters out there that can take on that job. smile_o.gif

I have abit of a problem: after finnishing first mission, I return to base, with 5 or so AI teamates alive. The problem is I cant recruit more players, as the guy says u cant recruit while on duty. No matter if I select another mission, still the same thing. I allso cant use medic tents to heal confused_o.gifconfused_o.gif

btw: The first mission rocked!! We we're in a tight spot on a S&D mission, going thru intense firefight, and all of a sudden I see friendly Armors thru my scope, and we we're saved yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have abit of a problem: after finnishing first mission, I return to base, with 5 or so AI teamates alive. The problem is I cant recruit more players, as the guy says u cant recruit while on duty. No matter if I select another mission, still the same thing. I allso cant use medic tents to heal  

Hi puma, the reinforcement of your squad is meant to be done in between missions. Try it after you see the officer to confirm finishing your mission and don't accept a different mission first.

Quote[/b] ]btw: The first mission rocked!!

That S&D mission is alot of fun as the landscape around that area means you can move your squad into good positions to have a good  pistols.gif  pistols.gif  pistols.gif  and then scoot to the next firing point while keeping your guys undercover biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]and all of a sudden I see friendly Armors thru my scope, and we we're saved

Do love the new feature of Armoured support you can move, really gives the impression of sweeping and clearing areas.

Looks like Armaholic are moving servers at the moment which is why that ones gone.

I'll upload another copy tonight.

Cheers

Looks like Armaholic are moving servers at the moment which is why that ones gone.

I'll upload another copy tonight.

Cheers

Links fixed, sorry for the inconvenience.

We are working hard to try and fix any probs so posts like this are usefull to know where some more problems might be thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Links fixed, sorry for the inconvenience.

No worries, cheers for the link! thumbs-up.gif

I've uploaded a new version. I haven't tested this version extensively yet but I thought I may as well use the opportunity.

I don't know how long it will be before the Armaholic link is updated so make sure the version is 091b.

Changes are:

0.91a

Patrol mission fixed, Game Logic's were in formation tounge2.gif

A significant change in the variable usage, all the main campaign switches (17 of them in fact) are kept in an array converted by the KRON_Strings suite. I don't yet know if it helps but I'm hoping it reduces CTD's on loading a savegame. It took ages to implement so my fingers are crossed! tounge2.gif

Tweaked the missile settings, still not quite right though

There were some group scripts not exiting...could be the cause of uber-lag as game goes on and eventual CTD

Added 2 small cutscenes for Commander and Pilot selections to allow the array to get organised

Patrol missions can be had successively now, they should be random and quick enough to be fun.

New Mission: Defend the town.

Moved S&D point (again)

Re-added the squads EH's after reinforcing

Added notes to some of the scripts with a text document explaining what does what.

Also added a support array where the 12 support switches are kept.

Added tank support and put editor tanks on hold waypoints to try and control them more.

0.91b

Introduced a "Hero" rating which will affect how much support the player gets, probably weaponry too at some point.

Mission selection is now done using a dialogue, still with a random chance of either defend mission.

Turbo-charged the POW mission, now a bigger battle with friendly forces assissting.

Randomised the Defend the base option, bad dudes can also be para-dropped in.

Set all editor based units to global values based on experience and moral.

Added Helo support

Cheers

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been waiting for this for some time. notworthy.gif

I read in one of the first pages someone mentioning advancing the front lines.  Neat idea, sorry if this has been already said or turned down- with a series of x,y positions that are checked to be ok, you can increment or decrement the Front logics/markers position and the associated missions that would take place in front of, at, and behind the frontlines.

Just a thought.  Thanks again for a most welcome effort!  inlove.gif

Quote[/b] ]I read in one of the first pages someone mentioning advancing the front lines.

I am trying to slap this into shape a bit more so bigger stuff is happening than just "do a random mission then do another one" but it's all going quite slowly. I'm not sure how to pull off the sense of moving through the island on a larger scale.

If I'm misunderstanding and you're suggesting a single mission type where you have to progress somewhere, that should be relatively easy! I could just adapt the search and destroy mission for that.

Quote[/b] ]Thank you

No worries. It's both painful and fun learning how different AA is to OFP and just learning more about scripting. I've already had more game time (90% bug fixing, 10% playing! ) with this mission than I have had from pretty much any other game other than OFP since OFP.

AA gets my thumbs-up.gif

Cheers

MrN: can we use the ingame save function, or do we have to use the campaign's save's thru radio menu??? And why only 3 saves in the radio menu??

Quote[/b] ]do we have to use the campaign's save's thru radio menu???

The radio save should be safer but it's still not 100% reliable I'm afraid.

Quote[/b] ]And why only 3 saves in the radio menu??

After every successful mission you'll get another savegame added.

Cheers

Any thoughts of making this Coop? Is that even possible? Would really expand the fun of it IMO smile_o.gif

I know i've got 0.91b and am wondering how long it takes before being offered a mission.?

When I first played I loaded up a truck and drove all the way to Bagango and found .. nothing. Called for evac and only when the chopper took off did it find a target, the heli gunner found a UAZ with MG, nothing more.

So back at base i load the ai into a BH and fly back to Bagango, find 2 uaz and 1 shilka.

I give up and quit the game.

The drive must have taken around 6-7 minutes, is the game still intialising ?

Should I hang around the base until something happens ?

hello Fusion.

When you start the game, you will be near some Wooden Buildings and A med tent.

In each of these are different troops, one of which will will give you a mission.

You have to get a mission from the camp commander for the game to really start.

But without selecting a mission i doubt you'll find many bad chaps.

Now, if you already know this and are wondering where the enemy is after waiting at a defined LZ, I have found that some times one does have to wait a while for troops to convoy past. Just use it as extra time to dig in.

rgds

LoK