Sign in to follow this  
mrn

Dynamic War

I haven't played this mission, so this is all theoretical. But if this is basically the same as previous DMA style missions, then the only thing that really needs to be saved are a few important campaign variables. This can be done at any time with creative use of savestatus, loadstatus and a game logic (as with the pioneering work by the SoW team).

So the campaign state can easily be saved at any time (key variables), but not the exact mission state (location of units, status of current mission, etc).

Quote[/b] ]I have played this a bit in multiplayer

Was it hosted or dedicated?

Quote[/b] ]heli wont work as its meant

What goes wrong?

I opened the pbo saved it to multiplayer and hosted a game just to see what would happen. I could play I had all the mission targets etc, not sure if they were seeing it in breifing was only a quick test. The only thing that def didnt seem to work was when I called for a heli the real players didnt join it when in multiplayer. Thats as far as i got but we where havinga luagh doing it when i manually flew the heli to mission target going back to base getting a new mission etc. Ill try some more tonight.

Hmm, this mission seems to be quite a hog, it lags the game down more than a 200 man battle, at least in my case.

Quote[/b] ]A good way to reduce the number of variables (ECP did this to stop the crashing from loading saves) is to use arrays. Try to keep all your variables in one (or a few) large arrays.

I'm already doing the thing in arrays. But it would be a really nasty thing to believably reproduce ongoing battles and other details.

My global vars sqs file is at 13kb and I'm far from finished. But most of it are constants, so I feel sorry that OFP/AA doesn't support them. I almost nowhere enter exact numbers or data, to make everything flexible.

0.90c

Added a check on the evac script for the chopper- if it dies another can be called

Added blood/smoke script to spawned units

Added destroyed script to all vehicles

Added Mandomissiles as support

Added Patrol mission

Added 2 more US bases with local units

No artillery on POW mission failed, now missiles

Riflesmoke was being removed when relaxing

Removed the cce codes

Moved S&D location

Enemy experience is earned with kills and effects enemy skill

Big Lag reduction

I have tried playing this and the previous version in MP and both times it's been a mess, I'm not sure if I'm up to the task of converting it properly.

Instead, I'm thinking of team switching at certain points into a SF team to do a different set of missions, blow up fuel dumps, take out SAM sites etc. Although at the moment it doesn't really have any structure or pattern I thought I'd better put it up because it should run a lot better than previous versions, I hope.

Update on the front page, more links to come hopefully.

Good set of changes gonna download and give her a whirl, nice job getting the missiles in. smile_o.gif

That S&D location was funny, i thought it would be maybe a squad or two that far into the South, when i got there lol there was dozens of the buggers help.gif , bit of Arty does the trick though

biggrin_o.gif

Bootleg

I am having a problem getting your campaign to run. I extracted the dynamish.sara.pbo file directly into my c:\program files\BI\ArmA\campaigns folder, is this correct? Is this all I need to do?

My error comes when I try to start the campaign, I get a dialogue saying -

No entry "dynamish.sara\description.ext.Campaign".

Also there is no printed name for your campaign in my list of campaigns I have installed whilst in the game menu itself?

I'm new to the OFP/ArmA world so if I'm making a basic error of some kind would someone be so kind as to help me?

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

You need to put in in the Missions folder, because it isn't actually a campign.

Good set of changes gonna download and give her a whirl, nice job getting the missiles in. smile_o.gif

That S&D location was funny, i thought it would be maybe a squad or two that far into the South, when i got there lol there was dozens of the buggers help.gif , bit of Arty does the trick though

biggrin_o.gif

Bootleg

Heh had the same: 50+ Dudes, and no arty pistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gif

Ok, I don't think I'm going to do a "Lite" version yet, current version has the following changes:

Patrol mission fixed, Game Logic's were in formation tounge2.gif

A significant change in the variable usage, all the main campaign switches (17 of them in fact) are kept in an array converted by the KRON_Strings suite. I don't yet know if it helps but I'm hoping it reduces CTD's on loading a savegame. It took ages to implement so my fingers are crossed!

Tweaked the missile settings, still not quite right though

There were some group scripts not exiting...could be the cause of uber-lag as game goes on and eventual CTD

Added 2 small cutscenes for Commander and Pilot selections to allow the array to get organised

Patrol missions can be had successively now

New Mission: Defend the town.

Moved S&D point (again)

I'm just finishing off a bit of testing and upload later.

Cheers

No more lag! YAY!

I'm loving this. Just I'm sometimes frustrated to see the AI screw up. But I had a few fun moments, mainly by being a spotter for my sniper and he'd shoot away while I'd keep on spotting for him and I completed a mission or two like this.

Found a small bug:

bug1uw7.jpg

I would like to see the OPFOR using armour and maybe some choppers.

Would be nice to have the possibility to call in reinforcements, like tanks, airstrikes, CAS and additional infantry squads.

I know they generally move to the direction where the fighting is going on, but it could be more precise.

My radio keeps vanishing on me so i can't save it.

My main gripe is having 4 M1A1 tanks rolling up half way through a terrorist base sniping fest, I'm doing all the hard yards getting to within 500 meters of a base and not being sprung. snipe 20 dudes, and the Abrahams rock in .50's blazing. on the far east coast of the north.

would it be possible to use the tanks as a "request Tank Platoon".

i basically just have to sit there long enough and they will turn up.

Cool idea though, i'm loving it besides the small faults.

Quote[/b] ]No more lag! YAY!

Good news!

You haven't found a bug as such, you've found my "broom cupboard" where I put all the markers after they've been used. I haven't got round to tidying that up yet, there's bigger fish to fry...

Quote[/b] ]Would be nice to have the possibility to call in reinforcements, like tanks, airstrikes, CAS and additional infantry squads.

Ya, I'm working on it.

Quote[/b] ]would it be possible to use the tanks as a "request Tank Platoon".

See above smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]My radio keeps vanishing on me so i can't save it.
Yup, I get this too, anyone else? I don't think it's my fault. crazy_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Abrahams rock in .50's blazing

I quite like this but hey ho, can't please them all! I've restricted the tanks movement a bit more but instead you'll be able to call some in.

Cheers

[
Quote[/b] ]My radio keeps vanishing on me so i can't save it.
Yup, I get this too, anyone else? I don't think it's my fault.  crazy_o.gif

Yeah I get that too but you can just hit 0-0 to pull up the same options whistle.gif

Hi matey, just wondering if it would be too late to look at this idea for 0.9d (or even 1  wink_o.gif )

Very soon you'll have lots of questions like "yeah this is great but i want these units in and that tank in, and they all need to be wearing kilts etc etc".

Having managed to pretty much figure the OFP version and be able to change weapons and men at will, i realised that it may have been a bit easier for there to have been a good little readme detailing exactly what to do to change these values (not the kilts), there was one for the original but if memory serves it was only a line or two.  

Really not a biggie and just a thought for five mins spare time you may have  nener.gif

BTW i have altered mine to Brits with SA80's and MG's and made a little SAS base for em just down the road, (only problem is for the moment we have to keep asking the Americans for a lift icon_rolleyes.gif  tounge2.gif , unless of couse its in Landie range pistols.gif

Cheers for the continued work look forward to next version notworthy.gif

(...)the only thing that really needs to be saved are a few important campaign variables. This can be done at any time with creative use of savestatus, loadstatus and a game logic (as with the pioneering work by the SoW team).

So the campaign state can easily be saved at any time (key variables), but not the exact mission state (location of units, status of current mission, etc).

Unfortunately it seems the old OFP multiplayer saving trick does not work in ArmA sad_o.gif Let's just hope the reason is that BI are going to provide proper saving in multiplayer in some later patch and want to spare us the grief of switching to a new implementation when that happens... huh.gif

I'm anxious to try .90c. I've played through .90b and as you mentioned there were a few problems. Overall, I'd have to say that you've created a fun batch of missions.

One thing that I really hate is that if you save progress on a mission, close out AA, then restart it, I cannot get the last mission to load. I suppose that is because it is a dynamic mission. No problem, I've just learned to finish what I start. smile_o.gif

Thanks for your efforts, the missions are a lot of fun.

Reacher

try it with new beta patch (yet unsure if it contain what you need)

from changelog

5142  - Fixed: Map info (commands, friendly and enemy units) is now saving into game save

i'd like to import this nice mission to the dry saharani map.

could anybody explain to a computer moron how that could be done?  i tried the editor but it wont let me "load" an existing scenario.....the box turns green but I can't input anything.  anybody?  i'd really be appreciative.

i'd like to import this nice mission to the dry saharani map.

could anybody explain to a computer moron how that could be done? i tried the editor but it wont let me "load" an existing scenario.....the box turns green but I can't input anything. anybody? i'd really be appreciative.

Good idea Igor, a version with the new dry south sahrani would be nice smile_o.gif

Good idea Igor, a version with the new dry south sahrani would be nice smile_o.gif

but i have no clue how to do it and i've tried sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i'd like to import this nice mission to the dry saharani map.

could anybody explain to a computer moron how that could be done?  i tried the editor but it wont let me "load" an existing scenario.....the box turns green but I can't input anything.  anybody?  i'd really be appreciative

I could do this for you but i have to tell you that the Northern half of the island is needed for the vast majority of the offensive missions, so i'm not sure how you plan to actually incorporate the island with the mission structure. (Could be a bit boring patrolling the south over and over) biggrin_o.gif