Sign in to follow this  
RED

Do the faces annoy you ?

Well i don't know about anyone else but the faces like biggrin.gif realy do annoy me, this one especially wink.gif.

I am expecting to get a load of replies back with all the faces in them but never mind hehe.

RED

Oh, this is because some people make soooo terrible yokes that they need to basically emphasize: YES THIS WAS A YOKE through a little smily face. Or they are rethoric illiterates (ops I mean analphabets) so they cant express in words how they feel.

However I often put them because I think they appear nicer than my actual smile-face (no, just kiddin, I am terrible beautiful person)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Feb. 08 2002,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well i don't know about anyone else but the faces like  biggrin.gif realy do annoy me, this one especially  wink.gif.

I am expecting to get a load of replies back with all the faces in them but never mind hehe.

RED<span id='postcolor'>

Don't like how the faces look, but I don't mind them....sometimes on this forum its the only way to know if someone is serious or kidding...

Good point Akira but they still get on my nerves, I don't know why but when i see this : wink.gif it just looks big headed if you know what i mean, and another thing that gets me is short talk like "how r u" etc.

LOL i am being a bit negative today.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Feb. 08 2002,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good point Akira but they still get on my nerves, I don't know why but when i see this :  wink.gif it just looks big headed if you know what i mean, and another thing that gets me is short talk like "how r u" etc.

LOL i am being a bit negative today.

RED<span id='postcolor'>

Oh damm, there I agree, those wannabe abreviation like thx and 4u .... bla bla bla I hate those. Not only because it takes me an hour to understand them (I am swiss/german) but because I fell like they are coming over us and parasite our language. Thanks god they are only a fashion in the English language so far

Yeah, I hate that crap too:

b4, thx, how r u, d00d, plz, me 2, fav, peeps, ppl, 1337, roxxorZ, and all that other stupid garbage, its mostly teeny boppers that use them.

I don't mind the faces. Like Akira said, somethimes its hard to tell if a person is being serious or not without them.

Heres your favorite RED, wink.gif

wow.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gif

He he he,

Tyler

Huh, I always thought that "l33t" lingo was used only in strategy computer games (like Myth II) because it takes too long to write a complete sentence and say, "Oh my gosh, enemy soldiers are coming from the south. You really have to retreat."

I prefer these ones:

et_smilybutton.jpgernie.gifsmiley.jpg

I still get sad when I think about my "Smiley the Psychotic Button" I used to have and lost...

'l33t' is supposed to be hacker talk for elite

I personally dislike 'OMFG'

P.S. Myth 2 will always be myth 1's dirty beaten red-headed stepchild :)

see ya on marius.net (if you actually play myth2, that is)