Sign in to follow this  
XeLSiS

MFCTI Beta Thread *OFFICIAL*

yay.gif **ANNOUNCEMENT** yay.gif

MFCTI SaraLite v4.1 will be release for OPEN BETA TESTING

Release Date within the next 2-3 days!

The purpose of this release is becuase of a few factors.

1) High Demand for a current version to play/test on

2) For us to have a higher ability to find further bugs and errors

When the release comes, please post any bugs you find (please post with pics if possible! ) that arent listed with the release here or at the KaoS-Squad Forums. The KaoS forums are checked more often but bugs posted here will also be checked.

Thank you for your support and patience,

- XeLSiS & Binkster

rofl.gif Can a Forum Admin please change Topic Title "Threat to Thread" please rofl.gif

thumbs-up.gif

WooHOO!!...can hardly wait!

been playin this really weird hours lately due to my job but im hoping to get together soon with a friend of mine who's also been a big fan of this mission...hopefully by end of the week when im able to get online early enough to play among the living this new beta will be released! pistols.gif

What has happened to the BBQ release? The one called MFCTI Sahrani:R1...

Has it been discontinued?

Is the SaraLite MAP (2.6) the only one in the works now (well except for 4.1)

Just to continue the 'JIP' conversation from the previous thread, I think JIP is pretty important. It was one of the features we were looking forward to. It's always a pain to get everyone there at the exact start.

Plus of course, users crashing, disconnecting etc, that was it, OUT of the game. With CTI games taking hours, i think not having JIP would be a real shame.

I am assuming the biggest issue is that MFCTI wasn't coded around the concept of users joining in half way through and hence it's more of a MFCTI design architecture issue. Or are there actually limitations/problems/bugs from ArmA 1.05 that are causing problems ?

Chairs,

Cacker

shouldn't it be rather easy to set up JiP?

Just round up all the current global variables and public them onPlayerConnected.

Maybe also having all the units save their local variables in specific names.. Let's say that slot 4 is a unit called P1. Then onPlayerDisconnected set variables like P1CASH = wherever that value is...

Then onPLayerconnected something like...

_unit = this select 0

publicVariable "SideMoney"

publicVariable "SideTowns"

publicVariable "Whatever"

if _unit = P1 then cash = P1CASH

if _unit = P2 then cash = C2CASH

and so on...

I am very much just guessing out loud, but somehow I get

the idea that it SHOULD be easy.. even though is acctually isn't.

What are the problems surrounding JiP at the moment?

The problem with JIP is the server have to broadcast all the needed variables when a new player joins the game. If you already have a lot of players playing the game, or if you get 2 or 3 players joining almost at the same time, i bet there will be huge desync.

@Xelsis, since you looks very involved in the mfcti port, can you tell me how are you going to fix the problems with the setpos and setdir commands?

A desync seems to be the least problem with JiP.

That will probably just hang up the server for a few seconds...

The very few times several people will connect at the same time.

A somewhat bulky, but probably working way around that would

be to freeze the script for a random amount of time in the beginning.

That would mean that the script wouldn't be run sveral times simultaniously.

But also, since we do get the name and ID of the connected player Maybe there is a way to just broadcast the variables to the specific client.

I have no idea how, but maybe...

Could someone let us in on the current JiP problems, and how far you have come?

Maybe one could try and help...

When a player joins in a flashpoint running game, the player usually produce desync, and the amount of info he is receiving/sending is (should be) minimun.

I don't know if this is related to the netcode or a peak in the use of the cpu, but the fact is this happens.

I really hope you are right and this problem has been fixed in arma.

Afaik there is no way to send data to a single player.

The problem with JIP is the server have to broadcast all the needed variables when a new player joins the game. If you already have a lot of players playing the game, or if you get 2 or 3 players joining almost at the same time, i bet there will be huge desync.

@Xelsis, since you looks very involved in the mfcti port, can you tell me how are you going to fix the problems with the setpos and setdir commands?

TBH im a world designer for OFP ArmA :P not a scripter, Binkster is the hard working one behind MFCTI for ArmA, he'll be on later and im sure he'll be answering your questions wink_o.gif

@ Cacker

I really think the JIP is an issue for 2 reasons.

ArmA & Desync just will never go together because the even though ArmA's netcode is imrpoved supposedly over OFP's, The KB/s Send & Recieved are also much larger packets then in OFP.

Unfortunetly i belive your right that MFCTI's Architecture is vamped around OFP's idea of no JIP.

Great I am eager to test this one...and playing so far than crCTI will be out.

Bad news guys, a major bug that has a "medium" priority to it which is a Dev side bug is unfixable on our ends.

Basically the bug where AI can shoot through buildings, until fixed delays MFCTI/crCTI in a non-beta release. Therefore the v4.1 release for the next couple of days is cancelled.

I apoligize about the announcement as this bug wasnt figured out fully until after the announcement.

ArmA BUG Link, http://bugs.armed-assault.net/view.php?id=2166

Summary

0002166: setPos doesn't work with static objects in MP

Description

The setPos command is not effectively broadcasted to clients in a multiplayer game when the object is static.

That sucks...

I don't see any reason not release the BETA though. Seeing it's on BIS side.

Until that is fixed we should be able to iron out the other bugs. I was looking forward to sink my teeth in the JiP problem.

I think we got enought betas these days.

If ArmA don't support a bug free version now, i rather have my fun with a working OFP version.

That sucks...

I don't see any reason not release the BETA though. Seeing it's on BIS side.

Until that is fixed we should be able to iron out the other bugs. I was looking forward to sink my teeth in the JiP problem.

Well, i talked with binkster about it and he wasnt interested in having a beta in that sense, I can understand and to some extent agree hence why im not pushing the issue. None the less once the bug is solved we'll be working on it like there was no tomarrow, but we still have plans to continue working on the current version and to get as many bugs found and fixed until this can be fixed.

@Marus, you're right there are alot of betas but there are 2 main CTI versions that should be the top brands persay,

Our MFCTI v1.16 since its based to be as original as possible with some obvious differances such as vehicles etc

Also CleanRocks crCTI which is original to OFP as well.

I also agree with the OFP CTI, i just played 2 games tonight :-D and recruited 1 new member thumbs-up.gif

We will host a beta shortly, I never said we wouldnt.

I was just hoping to fix that issue first.

I dont mind giveing out the beta but we have a list of bugs that I would like to fix first before we start adding more bugs.

Real life is what makes this long and hard, I work around 70hrs a week and I also have class 3 days a week, so free time is hard to find.

Thanks for the replys and you should be seeing the beta maybe friday/saturday.

Im in the same boat binkster, but betas always flush out someone elses creativity to solve a problem.

Keep up the good work.

XelSis, as a small request can I ask that you post successive versions as edits to the first, original post? This thread will probably get very long it would be great to just keep checking the first post for updates etc. Cheers smile_o.gif

XelSis, as a small request can I ask that you post successive versions as edits to the first, original post? This thread will probably get very long it would be great to just keep checking the first post for updates etc. Cheers smile_o.gif

I see what your saying but alot people will then reply "Where can i download it" or "When will a new version be available?"..

So i'll just post releases on new posts.

@Binkster

You make me feel dumb lol

I see what your saying but alot people will then reply "Where can i download it" or "When will a new version be available?"..

So i'll just post releases on new posts.

@Binkster

You make me feel dumb lol

you make me feel dumb too rofl.gif

Why dont make a new post and also edit the first post? Simple Rreally. rofl.gif

We will just keep this as a discussion, no need to post updates and bug fixes here.

Check kaos forums for bug list and new versions... HERE

Remember anyone can help with this cti, this isnt a clan thing.

BBQ BOB from RN is who started this, but unfortunatly he doesnt have the time anymore, and JW and Jack Hammersmith has helped alot with scripting.

I need some more help if possible. I mainly write configs and do a little scripting. Some of this converting sqs to sqf would take me longer than I would like.

The bug that xel was speaking of with ai shooting through buildings doenst have anything to do with the building lods.

The problem is on the server, the building is set different than on local machines.

So AI see the building maybe 3meters to the left where u believe it is. So therefore you think your covered an actually your not.

This only happens when the Original ai are at your base like alpha bravo ect......

Player ai and players do see same as you except the buildings maybe about 1/2 meter off.

This will be last open beta. I hope more people can join up and help, since there is basically 2 expert coders. And lets not forget my PR Xel... lol

Thanks Binkster

You can try to make a workaround.

Just execute the SetPos and SetDir on ClientSide too.

And CreateVehicle only on ServerSide.

But I personally prefer that BIS will fix this bug.