Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

BI Forum Reconnaissance Game

Probably quite easy. I'm going to get some kip now though so it may be some time before you get confirmation.

bldi0.jpg

Yellow Sun nuclear bomb, first high-yield British nuke.

Now I'll go and find something to post... in about 12 hours. goodnight.gif

Yellow Sun was right. I believe the one pictured is a Mk.2 with a Red Snow warhead.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Yellow Sun was right. I believe the one pictured is a Mk.2 with a Red Snow warhead.

Thank god it wasn't "Yellow Snow" snow, that would be something awful.  crazy_o.gif

whereas red snow just sounds like you need your kidneys checking out

BUZZARD @ April 09 2007,15:12)]So, who or what's next?

It's open for everybody since Blackscorpion hasn't posted anything yet.

To keep things going:

mpnetrecwt9.jpg

FlakPanzer Coelian turret mock-up ?

bah, was about to say that, but was trying to see if it was anything more than a prototype turret...

those wheels are so easy to ID smile_o.gif

Relatively hard one.

img4wc6.jpg

all I can think of is its the predecessor to the german goliath tracked mine, designed by the french engineer Adolphe Kégresse, and dredged up from the Seine by the germans from which they based the goliath...

cluthing at straws because I've assumed the guy in the funny hat has to be french tounge2.gif

Yup, spot on, the "Engin K", Goliath's daddy smile_o.gif You can see two exemples twinned here.

bloody hell... didn't think I was right crazy_o.gif - The twinned bit was confusing the hell out of me.

best find something for you lot then tounge2.gif

[edit]

ok, here's one for you (just to make it clear, they're the same vehicle in terms of its current name/designation - different for which country you're looking at, and I want the full name, otherwise its easy):

biforums2.jpg

is it really that hard? I'd have expected Ironsight/Ran to have answered within 30 seconds and given us another bizarely impossible one to guess biggrin_o.gif

If we're going for full names it's BAe Land Systems Hagglund Spitterskyddad Enhets Platform (SEP).

No it wasn't that hard, I'm just finding it hard to find good vehicles to post myself when I get them right. biggrin_o.gif

adamicz was first though really, so his go next.

that's close enough for me smile_o.gif (BAE Hagglunds would have scored you extra points tounge2.gif)

(lol chris, I meant I didn't want someone just coming along and answering FRES, as while its now part of the BAE FRES, its a bit of a vague lable to place on anything)

[edit]

da12th got the full name, but adam was essentially right - whoever posts first/wins the epic battle of wills is next biggrin_o.gif - and I didn't think so, but I'm struggling to think of anything vaguely british in this century to post anymore - I don't see the point of just googling 'weird tank' for the sake of this thread, more fun to share stuff you've discovered/know about.