Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

BI Forum Reconnaissance Game

RG-33 in EOD version?

Damn that was quick. Next time I will think of something harder. Give me the last designation letter and you will take the turn  wink_o.gif

EDIT:

Just saw your edit, the RG-33 is only 6x6 by the way.

RG-33L. gotta find a good pic then biggrin_o.gif

Yer i mixed it up with the RG-31

edit: seems ive got it :P

here is a new one:

bluble0.jpg

NORINCO 203mm Self-propelled gun?

The base of the barrel... anyone else see any familiarity to a fairly well-known infantry weapon? tounge2.gif

Isn't this the M1989 (yes, I know there is practically no way of telling tounge2.gif )?

Isn't this the M1989 (yes, I know there is practically no way of telling tounge2.gif )?

Yes, seeing as it is probably Iranian or Iraqi.

I recognise the T-55 chassis, after working on them for years... smile_o.gif

Well, Ironsight was first but I'm going to cheat a bit and post a pic anyway tounge2.gif Behold:

bisforum.jpg

Whoever gets this is my personal hero, especially if you know what its codename means.

It's an improvised armoured car called 'Kubus', made by the Poles during the Polish Uprising in 1945. It was called Kubus after the wife of the chief engineer of this thing, who died during a bombing raid during construction.

That took a fair bit of research!! Nice one!

Well done Pathy, it took you little more than an hour! I should add that "Kubus" was her codename, not her real name: "Kubus" is the diminutive of "Jakub", the Polish form of Jacob. It would be strange to see a woman go by that name smile_o.gif

Where did you find the answer by the way?

I knew it had to be an Armoured Car from the ww2 era just by its appearance, so i found a list of ww2 armoured cars and started trawling through them, referencing them using google image search. Took some time, but i'm afraid no recognition skills came into it, nonetheless quite a facinating backstory, and obviously a very unique piece!

Answer was found here btw:

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/pol/kubus.htm

Lets move things on shall we.

bicomp.jpg

Damn you Ironsight, just found it about an hour earlier (check T-54 which eventually led to that Type 59 based thingy)... oh well.

Above we have Lavochkin La-250A.

The vehicle's camo scheme looks japanese... maybe the way to follow.

/Edit: Now it is finnish... heh :-p - well found.

regards,

TB

I could say it's very likely a Sisu and that the picture looks very much like it is taken in Finland but the model name I could not say.

spent 20minutes searching sites, but I think I may be following a wrong trail.

my first guess is a local version/modifcation of the Ferret Armoured Vehicle - Anywhere from a MK2 onwards given the apparent age of the picture, and that it has a turret... but I can't find anything further than that - Like i said, I may have gone down the wrong path with the ferret, but im pretty sure its the same family at least.

my first guess is a local version/modifcation of the Ferret Armoured Vehicle - Anywhere from a MK2 onwards given the apparent age of the picture, and that it has a turret... but I can't find anything further than that - Like i said, I may have gone down the wrong path with the ferret, but im pretty sure its the same family at least.

You're on the wrong track. It's not even British wink_o.gif

South-Korean Camo sheme, after some research, there is no results regarding this vehicle during korea's war, maybe it has been used later... keep searching. :]

regards,

TB

I knew it wasn't british, but it just screams Ferret, if you ignore the turret - obviously they took a few design ideas from it

South-Korean Camo sheme, after some research, there is no results regarding this vehicle during korea's war, maybe it has been used later... keep searching. :]

It's not Korean.

Quote[/b] ]I knew it wasn't british, but it just screams Ferret, if you ignore the turret - obviously they took a few design ideas from it

This one was even earlier then the Ferret wink_o.gif