Sign in to follow this  
Danbri

Best Whiskey?

Dont know if íts a "forbidden" subject here but as the title says:

Whats your favorite Whisky?

Mine is the amazingly Laphroaig of Scottish Islay.

Unbelivable taste and smell (smoke).

I've personally been drinking Jack Daniels since the tender age of twelve, so I'd say it's the best.

I'm not a frequent drinker nor have a lot of whiskey knowlegde, but if i go out whiskey is my favorite. It is one of the only 'liquer' (?) i like to drink and tasts good smile_o.gif .

Used to drink Johnnie Walker (black label) or Shiva as those are the two most common ones around here to find in pubs, but recently i discovered Bushmills 16 Year Old Single Malt in a local pub here. Apparently that was the best in the house there and i must admite it was very good (but expensive icon_rolleyes.gif ). Sadly we don't have that much whiskey bars around here (maybe good too biggrin_o.gif )...

Quote[/b] ]

Whats your favorite Whisky?

Wrong, the title says Whiskey, not Whisky.

American whiskey, or canadian is different, I think being mostly grain based.

Scotch whiskies like Laphroaig single malt is great as is many other scottish single malt whiskies.

Scapa, Highland Park, Glenfarclas, Glenlivet, Macallan, Benriach, Benromach, Longmorn, GlenRothes, Glen Elgin.....etc etc etc.

More character and flavour than harsh grain whiskies.

Planck

yes, I noticed my misspelling in the title. But take it then as you can choose EITHER whiskey OR whisky biggrin_o.gif

Too many whisky induced hangovers to like the thing. I have no knowledge whatsoever about this alcohol, I just settled for some clan Campbell or Jack Daniels back in the days. Now if I have to drink a strong alcohol, it's local fruit spirits, vodka, slivovice (upon availability) or raki (same).

I'm impartial to the following from most preferred to "will buy with spare change and tolerate"

Tullamore Dew

Jameson

Ezra Brooks (Best "cost to taste" ratio bourbon for casual mixed drinks)

Early Times (If you got NO money...)

I bet I am the only American who thinks Jack Daniels is low-grade whiskey. Not bad, but there is better. who cares if it's the oldest since prohibition...

Now, I haven't had every kind of whiskey out there, but I plan to wink_o.gif

As much as I enjoy a good whiskey, I think this is too OT for OT.

There isnt even such a thing as the best Whiskey. Its all personal preference, so a discussion is moot.

Closing.